[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: eva 3.jpg (1 MB, 1554x2196) Image search: [Google]
eva 3.jpg
1 MB, 1554x2196
What went wrong?
>>
you were born
>>
>>140632251
Literally everything
>>
>>140632251
Unbelievable characters,
Edgy tryhard plot.
Existentialism.
Plot with more holes than a swiss cheese.
>>
damn we should sometimes have god tier anime casings/cover art thread, OPs pic related is pretty nice
>>
Anno realized he didn't cover any new ground with the previous two movies, so he fucking panicked and contrived a whole new direction for the story thinking that it would make up for it.
>>
>>140632485
Yeah, I mean it's not like 2.22 was so far removed from the series that people bitched that it wasn't Evangelion.
>>
>>140632559
I can tell you're being sarcastic but I don't understand why. 2.22 was pretty much the same retelling bullshit aside from introducing that new character (with like 5 minutes of relevant screentime) and that ending, the ramifications of which weren't even apparent until 3.33 came out.
>>
>>140632653
Even to this day there are retards still bitching about how 2.22 ruined the characters and how it was too action focused and shounenshit.
>>
In 3.33, Anno tried to explore new grounds never seen in the world of Evangelion. The first two films were criticized as being too similar to the 1995 series so he did his best to make something new.
Unfortunately, he went too far in the deep end and forgot that the methos of Neon Genesis was hard enough to wrap your head around and implementing this new, new world (post-third impact Earth) only streched it further.
In the end, the movie's is about Shinji and him as a character (and a person) and Anno may have just emphasized the fuckery of the plot so we wouldn't over anyalze it like NGE and just focus on the character at hand.
10/10 gay piano scenes
>>
>>140632251

Too big a jump from the previous installment, both chronologically and in tone/themes

Every character acts like an asshole to Shinji - when in 2.22 they were like "good going Shinji, do that manly thing and save Teh Rei" but now he's apparently literally Hitler while giving him almost zero information on the what and why of this new, post-timeskip world.

Some of the designs looked fruity as well. And adding Mari was a mistake that continues on from the previous parts. All she does is take away achievements of the original trio.
>>
>>140632251
Wasn't it the earthquake that fucked up the original idea? So that.
I would have taken Gendo's goat adventures over that tripe any day.
>>
>>140633058
I've never heard of this before. Could you explain?
>>
>>140632251

Everything except the God tier Saigado doujins.
>>
>>140632746
It was too action focused and too shounenshit, but it could have lead to somewhere good. in an Alt 3.33
>>
>>140632251
Figuratively nothing, I really enjoyed it. Remember the ass blast Anno got when the original series ended?
>>
>>140633666
I think the only way that 3.33 could possibly be vindicated in the same way that EoE eventually was, would require 3.0+1.0 doing some really tremendous narrative shit, which I don't think is going to happen.
>>
>>140633197
>doujins
That being said they're not making any more Eva doujinshi are they?
>>
>>140632946
>All she does is take away achievements of the original trio.
I agree. She feels like a mary sue OC a fan made up. She just doesn't fit in. I found her especially annoying in 3.33 with how they hint she knows so much but don't bother building her character in anyway. They even shoved her into the manga awkwardly and you can just tell they make her up as they go along. She's going to be a total asspull in the last one and people will bitch till kingdom come.
>>
>>140632653
>>140632251
Not letting the franchise die in peace.
>>
>>140632251
They made Kaworu's hair look like a hedgehog
>>
>>140632251
Too much time spent on Shinji mooning around Nerv HQ doing nothing
>>
>>140633897
>I found her especially annoying in 3.33 with how they hint she knows so much but don't bother building her character in anyway.

She knows all that shit because she's working with Kaji at the start of 2.0.
>>
File: hypocrite.png (628 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hypocrite.png
628 KB, 1280x720
>>140632251
Turned Misato into a jerk
>>
>>140635108
Nah, it was implied that she had her own agenda and was just using Kaji in 2.0, but that went absolutely nowhere
>>
>>140632251
They skiped the 14 year period that was in the preview, that would have been just as good as anything to be in the movie, and made everybody autistic and incapable of talking like normal people
>>
>>140635352
Honestly
>fuck you shinji you don't even have to know what's going on but seriously fuck you
>huh why are you leaving?
Then Kaworu going silent at a critical moment. Then Shinji completely ignoring him.
It's all so out of place.
>>
Went utterly full retard with the use of CGI

I found that 1.0 and 2.0 struck a good balance but in this one is was just ridiculous. Judging by the preview of 4.0, that one is going to be even worse. Disgusting.
>>
File: how rebuild should have ended.png (283 KB, 896x2600) Image search: [Google]
how rebuild should have ended.png
283 KB, 896x2600
>>
>>140634752
And he's always the one that hurts Shinji the most, hedgehog dilemma. getit?
>>
File: mari-ff.png (241 KB, 1525x741) Image search: [Google]
mari-ff.png
241 KB, 1525x741
>>140633897
Forgot your pic
>>
bampo
>>
>>140632251
shinji being gay for kaworu
asuka being a bitch as ever
after all these years we still haven't seen REAL third impact (EoE doesn't count)
rei being as dead as ever
whole WILLE stuff
using unit-01 as engine to power AAA
ritsuko not being dead
Gendo not reuniting with his waifu
SEELE not escaping from earth
no MP-evangelions
No kensuke aida
Gendo is now Geordi
muh DAT player
>>
Anno misjudged what the audience actually wanted.
>>
File: 1376227166717.png (306 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1376227166717.png
306 KB, 1440x900
Not enough of this beautiful bastard.

Unit 13 should have been redesigned so it doesn't just look like an upgraded version of Unit 01.
>>
>>140639806
>Unit 13 should have been redesigned so it doesn't just look like an upgraded version of Unit 01.
But then they wouldn't be able to thrown in muh pointless callback to unit 01 and 02 fighting in the terminal dogma while ode to joy plays
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.