[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched Diebuster the day after finishing Gunbuster. It really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Watched Diebuster the day after finishing Gunbuster. It really is Proto-TTGL.

How much did people who watched Gunbuster years before Diebuster get hyped when the end of Diebuster is right where Buster machines #1 and #2 come back?
>>
>>140630371
>>
>>
The one thing that really bothered me in Diebuster was that I found Lal'C's relationship with Nono in the last episode kind of forced.
Like the entire series she's struggling to get along with her and then in the end it's revealed they bonded offscreen and flashback to it. I wish they spent an episode on that to give it more weight.

Besides that the finale is literally perfect though. The last few minutes really caught me by surprise.
>>
>>140630666
>>140631097

I love me some Lal'c.
>>
It isn't really "proto" TTGL. It's the platonic ideal of everything TTGL tried to achieve.
>>
>>140631308
It was a bit fast going from "quit trying to be a pilot" to how they ended up. The only thing I can think of was that Lal' C always liked Nono but was afraid she'd pull an Icarus and fly too close to the sun. And of course Nono forgives just about anything.
>>
https://youtu.be/B_LA9FXUB0Q
>>
File: 1431220264536.jpg (132 KB, 357x597) Image search: [Google]
1431220264536.jpg
132 KB, 357x597
>>140631308
>that scene with Lal'C showing Nono around her home before right before she disappears
>>
Its such a simple ending in both series but its done so well. Probably one of the best uses of an OST ever.
>>
The ED is so underrated compared to the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o88Vjp_-Ros
>>
>>140635037
I've always liked it a lot more. It's one of my all time favorites.
>>
>>140635037
C U T E
>>
>>140632338
In the dvd book interview, Tsurumaki says that's something the two of them might do "in the near or distant future."

>Yfw Diebuster wasn't Nono's story
>It was about Lal'C becoming a friend who would be waiting for Noriko to return
>>
I liked it more than Gunbuster.
>>
An interesting read.
>>
Does anyone have the unedited audio of the Diebuster cast singing Fly High? All I can find now is someone's edit of it together with the Gunbuster song.
>>
Was brilliant, needed to be a 12 or even 24 episode long series, the world wasn't explored enough.

Superior to Gurren Lagaan in every way
>>
>>140642345
I've heard there was a ton of untranslated background information on the official Diebuster website.
>>
>>140630371
It's the best ending.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.