[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been a week Did any of you watch episodes 1 and 2 of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
It's been a week
Did any of you watch episodes 1 and 2 of Dougram?
If not, but you have an interest, there will be a stream in approximately half an hour at taima.tv/r/mog-3 for your convenience

This is a very good 75 episode show by Sunrise in the early 80s about a rebellion on an Earth colony world for their independence with an awful lot of politicking, guerilla tactics and combined arms involving giant robots. Want to watch it again and am sharing that experience with you.

If you have chosen to participate and watched your episodes, post what you think. I'll be delving slightly deeper into an overview of the series
>>
The first episode of Dougram was created as a pitch to the network of what the show is about: guerilla combat with the Fang of the Sun and Dougram. It's mostly unrelated to the rest of the series aside from giving you a general overview of what it's about.

About half of the series main characters are introduced in this episode, all acting in roles approximate to how they are for the rest of the series. Rocky is the leader of the guerillla team, Chico does stuff with an RPG, Canary handles the truck, Billy and Festo do whatever, Nanashi is support without ever picking up a gun and Crinn pilots the titular Dougram robot to do any heavy combat. They are the good guys, the Deloyer rebels' elite guerilla team, kind of like GI Joe when I think about it. For the bad guys, the Earth Federation (no relation), they don't exactly act as they usually do. Von Stein for most of the series does not command as he does in this episode and Lecoque is not his aid, he's Denon's who doesn't do anything except at the end reveal he's Crinn's father

This episode's plot is that the Fang of the Sun needs to stop a supply train from going to a Federation controlled base. The Federation command has a different goal, the train is just a decoy to lure out the Fang of the Sun. As the rest of the series shows except for about a single episode very late in the series where the Fang of the Sun disregards orders, they are very capable at taking out enemies. Naturally, the Federation team doesn't last long against them.

Overall this episode is okay with the whole in media res thing even if it isn't totally indicative of the average episode despite that being the point but largely Dougram was just winged together as they were writing it despite having a general idea of what would happen. The next episode is when it gets really interesting, because it starts to explain the conflict and who all these characters are
>>
Episode 2 is the earliest chronological point in the series. It'll be spoiled if you haven't watched the first ep so all this text is getting BLACKED

Crinn and his buddies are not formally acquainted yet and they meet for the first time screwing around on Earth. Crinn is an Earthling and they are Deloyerans, so remember this. All of them are doing hoodrat shit but the KKK doesn't like Deloyer shits being on Earth so the KKK and the Deloyerans and Crinn get in a scuffle until the cops come. Crinn is knocked out but a good Samaritan comes and saves him before the fuzz gets him. The man is a Deloyeran who respects Crinn's father Denon, a very important Earth politician who doesn't treat Deloyer like shit like everyone else. Denon is going to Deloyer the next morning to hold a Federation summit there and the man wants to see him off to show that Deloyer appreciates him, even he's a nobody. Crinn promises to help him see his father as they part ways and Crinn goes home

The Casshim family was having a dinner to say goodbye to Denon but Crinn skipped out. Crinn's siblings are shit but Denon doesn't care that Crinn was gone since he's a good kid

The morning comes and Crinn goes to the spaceport to find the guy so he can say goodbye to pop but can't find him until the very last minute. But as soon as he's past the security checkpoint at the spaceport, the man disappears. As it turns out, he doesn't think particularly well of Denon Casshim and is actually a terrorist who wants to kill him. He hijacks a Soltic Combat Armor(the robots of this series) to shoot down Denon's shuttle heading off into space, but is killed by Federation forces. Whoops

I can make anything sound boring but that is just the gist of it and not including anything about Daisy, Crinn's cousin and love interest. She is the series B-plot girl
>>
Daisy is a good girl who is in the first episode is looking for Crinn but doesn't find him. She usually does not find him. The ED is her song. Daisy is sweet and has a lot of development when she gets focus

There is another character who gets probably just as much focus in B-plots but it's too early to talk about that on /a/
>>
>>140624071
Daisy has a rough time of it.
>>
>>140624213
Did you do your homework?
>>
>>140624569
No. Only thing I watched this past week was the last episode of Thunderbolt.
>>
>>140624632
I'll not be deterred still
>>
>>140624910
I'm in the stream, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>140625028
Maybe this will pick up and maybe it won't

Dougram is over for now
>>
>>140622151
That image is a Pacha edit waiting to happen
>>
Man, that first episode pilot still bothers me. It doesn't fit in anywhere with the rest of the series. I have to basically pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>140625870
It doesn't bother me but it's kind of misleading. It's similar to most episodes but not exactly the same
>>
>>140623794
>do whatever you want
>don't make your mother worry
Does not compute!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.