[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend of Galacic Heroes - Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1338780167569.png (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1338780167569.png
79 KB, 500x500
A recent interview with Tanaka and his assistant Hirofumi Adachi has revealed some new details about the re-adaptation

>http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/04/18/japanese-sci-fi-novelist-yoshiki-tanaka-i-love-to-imagine-alternate-realities/#6035a2c14f5f

>They're aiming to air it in Fall 2017
>Tanaka had no involvement with the original OVA
>In the 2017 adaptation pre-production they have set up a system whereby Tanaka reviews the notes from each meeting that involves important elements of the series composition and other elements essential to the core direction of the project, and can order any changes that he deems necessary.
>However, Tanaka has yet to exercise these rights or offer any guidance.

As well as this on 20th of May they are letting people attend a live stage version of their monthly Nico talks. The producer for the 2017 re-adaptation will be present, so we could be hearing some more news there.
>>
File: 052_0.20.19.jpg (436 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
052_0.20.19.jpg
436 KB, 960x720
Cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>140610211
>optimistic
About what?
There's no chance it's gonna rival the original OVA in quality. It's set for failure whatever happens. Even if it turns "good".
>>
File: 060_0.09.37.jpg (409 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
060_0.09.37.jpg
409 KB, 960x720
Blatantly pessimistic.
>>
>>140610256
I'm wholly expecting it to be some abomination between the OVA and the new manga.
>>
>>140609917
>Tanaka had no involvement with the original OVA
That's interesting, because the first 13 episodes are decently faithful to the novel. While Attenborough and the 4th Battle of Tiamat (in My Conquest is the Sea of Stars) appear to be anime-only creations, they still seem faithful to the original spirit of the book thus far.
>>
Hopelessly fatalistic
>>
>>140609917
>With the success of the anime in Japan and its now future release in the West, I was curious if Tanaka would be interested in a Hollywood adaptation of his work, “Of course! It makes me a little nervous, but I would definitely be interested!”

Please no, it's going to be politically correct as fuck. The entire value of LOGH is that it gives autocracy a fair showing by giving democracy a terminal handicap and giving the Empire an enlightened ruler, and even then you sympathize with Yang Wenli. Hollywood would just dilute the original message into nothing. Why you do this Tanaka

Yes Kircheis I am frustrated
>>
File: dusty.jpg (211 KB, 704x1200) Image search: [Google]
dusty.jpg
211 KB, 704x1200
>>140611156
>Attenborough
He is in the novels, just not as much as the OVA
>>
>>140611299
Ah, good to know. I'm EOP, so I only have the first novel and bits of the second novel.
>>
>>140611278
It's just more money to him and it won't really affect the 30 year old anime we already have.
>>
>>140611602
True, but there's always the possibility that a butchered Hollywood production would draw in a far wider audience and make it harder to have a decent conversation about the series. That is not so much a concern with the re-adaptation since it'll remain largely confined to weebs and people who already know about the series. Of course, this is all just speculation since nowhere has it been said that such a film is in the works.
>>
File: 095_0.18.29.jpg (471 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
095_0.18.29.jpg
471 KB, 960x720
>>140611175

Accidentally erotic.
>>
>>140611826
I doubt it.
People who have the attention span to actually watch all of LoGH are not going to be terribly common, a Hollywood adaption probably wouldn't change that. At most there would be a couple more "it was boring" posts and maybe a couple shitposts specifically about the adaption every little while.
I don't think it would affect you in any meaningful way other than the possible feelings of disgust if you actually watched it.
>>
>>140609917
What's the point? Not like the original will ever be topped.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.