[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched wolf children and ...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: wolf-children-2012-003.jpg (237 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
wolf-children-2012-003.jpg
237 KB, 590x332
Just watched wolf children and didn't like it. I saw it with eng dub. Maybe there was something lost in the translation.

corny predictable love scenes
>I think it might just be how the Japanese tell love stories, but they just come off as ham-fisted, clunky, and clumsy
>the kid who got his ear hurt was determined

corny farming scenes
>where the village helps because all rural people are nice trope
>”wipe that smile of your face”
>”let me teach you everything I know about agriculture”
>”here have some potatoes, we are friends now”

the wolf stuff reminded me of furries
>this is a big one and has to do with my personal taste
>but it was just a total turn off
>it’s hard to like and get invested in characters that remind you of something you don’t like

the story is kind of boring
>not much really happened
>I’m all for relaxing atmospheric movies but i was never really interested in the plot
>she is just raising wolf children
>I’m assuming people found this interesting because it’s a fantasy that they like? Maybe?

>mother at the end is crying that her wolf son wants to live in the forest
>son howls
>mother is suddenly fine with son living in the forest
I know the husband kind of told her he will be fine and belong there
It’s just that she goes from crying and yelling don’t go to yeah he’s fine in seconds
>>
Japanese hard work ethic trope
>they always find a way to wedge it into their stories
>this is more a criticism of all anime
>Now there is nothing wrong with a hard work ethic
>it just always comes off as cheesy in these movies
>the other characters are always so surprised
>the character is never cocky with their hard work ethic and brushes off complements
>the character has an inhuman amount of hard work ethic and don’t mind working hard
>>
File: Wolf-Children-2.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wolf-Children-2.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Things I liked:
the mother finding looking for her husband in the rain
>when she finds him and everything goes silent, very cool

The montage of the kids in the school
>was a so good
>you begin to see the two kids drift to the opposite side of where they started
>the boy, at the start of the movie, didn’t like the being a wolf – “why is the wolf always the bad guy”
>but then when in school slowly embraces the forest
>the girl having been a wolf tomboy becomes a well-mannered woman who longs to just be human

All in all neat movie but still could not completely like it.
>>
sorry for wall of text bump
>>
>All in all neat movie but still could not completely like it.

Good summary of my feelings too. Everyone I know cried over how good they feel it is but it was just more "fall in line with society" garbage. Be a good mom and never do anything purely for yourself and be happy when your children leave you. Be a good boy and be independent. Be a good girl and get interested in boys and friends.

No one had an interesting character arc or did anything unexpected. It felt like a totally pointless movie made only for the writer to show his ideal type of Japanese.
>>
>>140605024
>I saw it with eng dub
Disregarded
You can now proceed to kill yourself
>>
I really fucking disliked this show, and the mom looked like a goldfish attached to a human body.
>>
>>140605537
op here, i was just done watching 'the great beauty' and didn't feel like reading subs again.

Still can you not even acknowledge my criticisms? or are you going to remain a snob.
>>
>he didn't like watching Weregarurumon fuggin the mom
>>
>>140605629
Not that guy, but when you watch a version where all the lines have been butchered by D-list actors, any work is going to seem like shit so you opinions have literally no bearing on the actual move and the fact that you didn't realize this means that you're not worth paying attention to.
>>
File: 1458408308387.jpg (903 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458408308387.jpg
903 KB, 1920x1080
>>140605657
I don't like furry shit mang
>>
>>140605024
I kind of okay with Mom let her son go. When the children grow up and decide what they want in their life and it isn't a bad thing parents should let their child have freedom. And the son has every reason to be a wolf; he doesn't get along with human society, he is better at being in a forest and the forest need new protector. The mother is distraught at first but in the end realized that her son has grown up and decide to let him go.
The only thing I don't like is the puppy romance between the daughter and the random male classmate. It feel so shoehorned and warped the daughter from a responsible daughter and sister to hormone-addled teenagers who don't really care when her mother get lost in the forest trying to find her brother and may actually die. I am disappointed with how her character end.
>>
>>140605831
most of my criticisms dont rely on subs but on the plot.
>>
>>140605857
I agree, but i think it could have been handled better, like i said, one second crying, the next fine.
>>
>>140605832
Why the fuck would you watch a movie about a woman raising Wolf Kids then?
>>
File: 1461373374638.png (218 KB, 398x594) Image search: [Google]
1461373374638.png
218 KB, 398x594
>>140605036
>>the character has an inhuman amount of hard work ethic and don’t mind working hard
>Inhuman amount

Lazyass
>>
OP I'm glad you're actually contributing to discussions compared to other new posters such as yourself but please lurk more and learn how and when to use green text.
>>
Stop watching dubs and lurk more to find out how to post.
>>
>>140605024
...? Wolf Children was a love story? I've seen it, but that's news to me.

>the wolf stuff reminded me of furries
If you're going to watch a movie called "Wolf Children", at least mentally distance yourself from that sort of thing going in. All you're doing now is making yourself seem like a petty person who can't help himself from looking through the lens of petty stigma.

Also, stop using a symbol meant to denote quotes as a list bullet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.