[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pluto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Pluto v08p126-127.jpg (803 KB, 1600x1189) Image search: [Google]
Pluto v08p126-127.jpg
803 KB, 1600x1189
What are /a/'s thoughts on Pluto by Naoki Urasawa? I just finnished it and it's pretty good, I enjoyed it more than 20th Century Boys though not as much as Monster.
Dealt with pretty interesting themes about artificial intelligence in a way that didn't seem too cliched.
Having never read/seen Astro Boy before, I'm now considering checking it out.
>>
>>140572824
Shameless self bump.
Seriously? No thoughts at all?
>>
I've been wanting to read this for a while, do you think I would be better off reading Astro Boy first?
>>
>>140572824
I've tried it years ago, got bored and dropped it, should pick it up one day again.
>>
>>140572824
One of his best work because it's pretty short and doesn't waste your time with pointless bullshit like Monster or Billy Bat.
Otherwise I feel like it's a pretty standard Urasawa's story.
>>
The ending was a mess
Overall it was pretty good
>>
>>140575948
>The ending was a mess
Most Urasawa endings are, but this onetakes the cake.
How the hell did that robot escape from prison, go all the way to America, get past Military security and kill the Evil American computer in one strike?
>>
>>140576146
Mind control people to transport him or some shit ?

Other than that, no idea
>>
>>140572824
I found the blatant Iraq War commentary to be pretty lame and out of place.
And I say this as someone who was against the Iraq War.
>>
>>140572824
>
I agree that it's better than 20th, but I think that's mostly because it's condensed enough to make sense.
>>
>>140576146
It did it because it could do it. What kind of stupidass question is that? You saw him do it.
>>
>>140578322
It's not a stupid question, we didn't actually see how he managed to escape from prison, how he got all the way to America or how he broke into an underground government bunker.
He was a broken robot who could barely move with no special abilities and was stuck to a wall for years.
How did he even know that the Teddy Bear robot was behind it all?
>>
>>140578853
>We didn't actually see how he did it
You saw the outcome. Did you need to see him do everything and explain, step-by-step, what he was going to do? That would have been terrible.
How did he even know? He knew it. Strange as fuck question. He wasn't no randomass robot.
You ain't making sense.

You honestly sounds like one of those retards wo went "BUT HOW DID BATMAN GET FROM THE HOLE TO GOTHAM?"
>>
>>140575807
I never read or saw Astro Boy yet I still enjoyed it, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I caught all the references.
>>
>>140579390
Batman wasn't a huge wanted criminal that everyone on the world would be on the lookout for.
>>
>>140572824
It's basically Urasawa without many of his bad traits like unnecessary length, pointless one-chapter stories, and it doesn't even feature many autistic children and if then it can be pardoned because they are highly sensitive robots. It's his best work.

>>140575807
You can enjoy the story even without reading Atom first. But if you read it then the reading experience on a whole different level. Whole narrative has so many quirks and homages to Tetsuwan Atom it's magical. And they are not really pointless but done with a heartfelt touch. You can easily see how Urasawa loves Atom and Tezuka.
>>
>>140579390
Why are crossboarders wholly unable to ever hide the fact?
>>
>>140581324
>pointless one-chapter stories
The whole thing with the blind pianist and the Robot butler was technically a pointless one-chapter story, but it was so good that I didn't care.
>>
>>140572824
Probably his best desu - the only serious work of his he doesn't drag out forever with pointless tangential side stories
>>
>>140584283
Probably because he had a co-writer and Osamu Tezuka's son keeping him in check
>>
>>140581504
That's a dumb question. All the crossboarders you notice are unable to hide that fact, because otherwise you wouldn't notice they were crossboarders.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.