[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this in layman's terms.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 140699407424.jpg (27 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
140699407424.jpg
27 KB, 704x396
Explain this in layman's terms.
>>
Evanescence the anime.
>>
File: re-l kick.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
re-l kick.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1461318222581.jpg (214 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461318222581.jpg
214 KB, 1000x1000
Does /a/ like cyberpunk?
>>
Raison d'ĂȘtre
>>
YOU COMPLETE MY FAITH
>>
>>140537007
That episode was the best for Re-L. I liked her much more after it.
>>
PLEASE COULD YOU STOP THE NOISE
>>
>>140536841
Real's and Proxy's search for raisins in the desert, also Pino.
>>
>>140537048
Cyberpunk is fun, shame it's not all that big of a genre right now but eh.
>>
PINO THE CUTEST
>>
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
PINO
I
N
O
>>
>>140537653
It was never really alive since it's a niche genre.
>>
>>140536841
It's a show that needed a bigger budget and better script editors.
>>
>>140536841
It's about transhumanism
>>
>>140536841
>raison d'ĂȘtre
Done.
>>
File: twopunchwoman.gif (71 KB, 342x850) Image search: [Google]
twopunchwoman.gif
71 KB, 342x850
>>
Good visuals, great outro, catchy intro, interesting premise, mediocre writing, embarrassing attempts at depth, lots of "let me tell you what I the writ- I mean the villain/protagonist am trying to say by spelling it out for you in pure english now say ahhhh"
>>
HOW CAN YOU SEE INTO MY EYES
>>
>>140536841
I know that Ergo Proxy isn't a great anime but it has too many things that I like to dislike it.
>>
RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE RAISIN DETRE
>>
>>140538186
>I know that Ergo Proxy isn't a great anime
But that's wrong.
>>
Backup plan to keep human race around in case humans who fled earth fuck up, while also maintaining human habitats goes terribly wrong
>>
>>140538888
Witnessed
>>
>>140538980
It's not wrong, just an understatement. Ergo Proxy is a failure.
>>
God is due on his rent and looks for home again.
>>
>>140539311
I wanted a sequel so we could see where they could have gone with this plot so badly but something tells me that it may have been better off ending where it did.

Japan will always take an interesting concept and ruin it with a shit explanation for everything or a crappy ending.
>>
>>140536841
Science created proxies that could do crazy feats on a limited scale to repair the wounded Earth after some apocalypse wherein a decent chunk of humanity left for the stars.

One of these proxies, who was managing a city--and keeping it going--got jittery and mindfucked himself because he thought he was a liability to the humans under his care, and just didn't want the burden. Unfortunately, that caused a bunch of problems because these humans actually needed some "symbol" to infuse them with purpose. The humans go raid another city to steal their Proxy to keep their city living. By chance (or perhaps not), the original Proxy (Ergo), was in that city pretending to be a real boy named Vincent. He got brought back to his home and his latent Proxy self kills the other Proxy. Unfortunately for Vince he gets implicated in some crimes because he was involved with the non-native Proxy and gets exiled, going on a trip to find out just what the fuck is wrong.

There's a human named Real that becomes fascinated by the Proxy and follows him (Vince) around.

There's also another dude name Raul who doesn't like Proxies and tries to fuck their shit up.

Lastly there's another Proxy, Proxy One, who is just a massive troll and likes fucking with Ergo Proxy. He's the reason Ergo went buggy and mindfucked himself.

The robots in the series were also gaining intelligence, probably due to the influence of the Proxies.

The story is interesting, but the individual episodes are incredibly fascinating on their own. Probably more so than the holistic view.
>>
File: 1461174718680.png (749 KB, 634x752) Image search: [Google]
1461174718680.png
749 KB, 634x752
>>140538888
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.