[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Note
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: APfdYQw.jpg (21 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
APfdYQw.jpg
21 KB, 620x349
Newfag to anime here, started watching Death Note and desu it's quite good. BUT. Why they hell do they feel they have to explain every single detail like their target audience is 5 years old or something. Find it quite frustrating. Are all anime like this?
>>
>>140531914
Any shounen anime will treat you like a 5 year old. It's because they're based on manga that explains shit but only have 1-2 frames. Writers are just lazy and copy and paste the script onto anime, but it's redundant when we can actually see what's going on in full view.
>>
>>140531914
because the target audience literally is 5 years old

but don't worry. there are many much better anime than that pile of shit
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>140531914
because the target audience is 5 year olds, and the only people that enjoyed death note are edgy 5 year olds
>>
>>140531914
>Why they hell do they feel they have to explain every single detail like their target audience is 5 years old
Because they're explaining non-scientific manners? The hell?
>>
>>140532812

OP here thanks for that, as said I'm new to Anime, what series are more directed at an adult viewer? I really enjoy the Villain Protagonist.
>>
>>140535147
Seinen is the demographic for adult men
>>
File: 1403729497899.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1403729497899.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>140535534
>Seinen
It was printed is weekly shonen jump.
>>
>>140535580
>what series are more directed at an adult viewer?
are you some kind of mentally challenged person or do you just have no reading comprehension?
>>
>>140535580
>>140535534
>>140535147
Seinen means teens from ages 13-17. There's virtually no adult anime market. And no, gore and tits do not equal adult.
>>
>>140535659
>Seinen means teens from ages 13-17
[[citation needed]]
>There's virtually no adult anime market
or you're just delusional
>>
desu a lot of anime assumes that the viewers are stupid but most tv shows do the same
>>
>>140535659
According to the Japanese wikipedia, seinen historically is for 20-30 years old. Although recent publications aim closer to shounen or even shoujo ones, blurring the boundaries between them.
>>
>>140535147
Definitely check out the seinen genre for more adult things. The 25 episode Berserk anime is a great watch. Its a tad old but still is really good. The manga is better though but not sure if you're looking to read any.
>>
>>140535713
I'm not delusional at all.

>>140535804
>blurring the boundaries
No, there's just no market. Since anime is just advertisement anime alone never makes enough money to justify its creation. Pretty much all anime created today is for the lowest common domino. That doesn't things that require an adult brain essentially, since it's just not profitable.
Times have changed. I'm not denying that

>>140535970
Don't listen to this idiot. What they did to Berserk is literal rape.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.