[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the filthy traitor deserve redemption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Did the filthy traitor deserve redemption?
>>
>>140527146
No he was fighting for his own ego in the end.
>>
remember when there was limited shows available and you were even entertained watching sailormoon?
>>
>>140528876
No I hated that show. I would have rather watched Caillou in french.
>>
>>140527146
I hated Merkatz, the retarded old hypocrite

>I must support this horrible monstrous dynasty because that's what I've always done even though they genocide and oppress people
>I must join forces with the people I've fought against my entire life because muh 10 year old kaiser
>I don't know where the kaiser is and he's probably dead but I must still fight with my former dynasty's enemies
>I must kill millions of my own countrymen to protect people I used to fight against who have no link whatsoever to anything in my beloved dynasty

He should've just put on the fucking green beret and stopped pretending he was still doing it for muh goldenbaum dynasty.
>>
>>140529418
Pretty much everyone in that series was a hypocrite one way or another. You're just picking at him because that just happens to be Merkatz's retardation, and everyone in LOGH has that in spades, just not always related to being a hypocrite.
>>
File: 1443662828269.png (726 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1443662828269.png
726 KB, 960x720
>>140529648
Oberstein was consistent at least
>>
>>140529648
A lot of the imperial admirals held contradictory beliefs, but Merkatz was the worst.
>>
>>140528876
Sailor Moon was always boring shit, just like most episodes of CCS.
>>
>>140527146
Merkatz is like russian White Army commanders in a nutshell.
>>
>>140529648
I wouldn't call Merkatz a hypocrite, he's a consistently loyal person to a fallen dynasty. If Yang had assumed a military dictatorship of the Free Alliance, it would have never fallen to the empire, if Reinhard had simply killed Yang he would have saved himself a lot of trouble, if Reunthal had just gone and pleaded his case to the Kaiser he would have still been alive.

This series is full of characters who fuck up due to character flaws, whether it be pride, idealism, fanatical loyalty.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.