[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death note
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Deathnote-main.jpg (156 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Deathnote-main.jpg
156 KB, 1024x768
Which one was morally right?
>>
Morals are subjective.
Fuck off.
>>
File: let is smug.jpg (113 KB, 749x715) Image search: [Google]
let is smug.jpg
113 KB, 749x715
>>140526426
L

Kira was a criminal scum made for angry edgy teenagers to self insert their weak personalities
>>
Both. They both have valid points. They both have flaws.
>>
>>140526426
Light had the right idea before he started killing innocents, was trying to change the world for the better. L just has your standard reactive "stop the bad guys" morality
>>
The thing that bothered me with Light was how he judged people as evil.
>Guys beats up someone and stole some money.
>He is rotten to the core and deserves to die.

Fucking retarded.
>>
>>140526426
One ended all wars and reduced global crime rates by over 70%. The other stuffed his face with sweets.
>>
>>140527739
>morally
>>
The anime is as morally black and white as it gets. When Light starts killing innocent people so he is able to evade being captured it all become clear.
>>
>>140526707
what are L's flaws?
>>
>>140526426
L, Light lost the moral highground the instant he killed an innocent.

The end doesn't justify the means in my book anyway, it would be great if some natural phenomena killed criminals en masse but humans shouldn't have the right to make that decision themselves.
>>
>>140530664
>it would be great if some natural phenomena killed criminals en masse

You mean like an alien threat that would unify humanity against a common enemy?
>>
>>140530423
>>140526707
well?
I'm waiting
>>
>>140534367
I don't think he can find any
>>
>>140526707
I hate answers like this
>>
>>140527286
But in the long run it produces morally righteous people who do no crime.
>>
>>140534367
Well L wasn't doing what he thought was right.
He, along with Mello and Near, just did it for the lulz.
According to Kant, it's the intent that matters.
>>
>>140534863
He takes a hobby in solving seemingly impossible crimes
And even if he was a legit autist driven by desire to solve mysteries over righteousness, he still called Kira out on his evils and even referred to his God complex as childish when describing him to the other cop members part in the investigation

Lacking complete altruistic intent is not really a character flaw and does not really take away from L's moral ground compared to Kira. In fact, it makes his motives more purer and less driven by self righteousness.

Wammy's House took in a lot of poor gifted children and gave them a place in society.
>>
>>140526426
Light is Tony Stark
L is Captain America
>>
>>140526426
That's a trick question. Neither.
>>
Near was the only one morally right, but he's also the most boring.
>>
>>140535163
the only one morally right was Light's dad
>>
I thought it was a widely known fact that if you think Light was morally right in anyway, you're 100% still a teenager who's still mad at the world for what ever perceived slights you suffer through on a regular day?
>>
>>140535101
Well, the thing is, most ethical theories judge actions, not people themselves.
Kant and utilitarians would say Light's actions were rights, but social contract theories would say L's were right.
By virtue ethics standards, which judge people instead of actions, L would seem like the better character.
>>
>>140526426
None of them were driven by any kind of moral code.

I mean, they had their own codes I guess but that's it.
>>
>>140527286
It's specifically said he just doesn't kill anyone that commits a crime, in fact he gets pissed when Teru Mikami starts punishing small criminals.

Read the manga next time secondary.
>>
>>140535497
>It's specifically said he just doesn't kill anyone that commits a crime, in fact he gets pissed when Teru Mikami starts punishing small criminals.
He specifically gets mad because it's "too early."

Mikami basically did everything as Light would do it, that's why Light loved using him so much.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>140535309
cops with good intentions always die
he was a badass too
>>
>>140527739
Crime is a symptom of a larger problem. What Light did was the equivalent of treating a sick dog by shooting it.
>>
>>140526426
How about no one is.

You want stories where there's a clear good guy and a clear bad guy? go watch DBZ/Naruto/Bleach/every single other shounen in existence.
>>
>>140531195
Go away Ozymandias.
>>
Despite being a dark crime thriller with a megalomaniacal mass-murderer for a protagonist, when you get down to it it contains all the basic elements of a typical shonen series, albeit in forms twisted nearly beyond recognition: a young, justice-loving Chaste Hero (a narcissistic Knight Templar with delusions of godhood) who discovers magical powers (a notebook that can be used to instantly murder anybody) and gains a Spirit Buddy (an amoral embodiment of death), makes a Worthy Opponent rival (a detective trying to apprehend him for his crimes) who knows martial arts (Capoeira) and picks up a persistent Genki Girl love interest (a vapid pop idol who's fanatically obsessed with him and, despite barely knowing him, is instantly willing to kill for, die for and marry him). If the satire was intended on the part of Tsugumi Ohba, he/she sure hasn't let on.
>>
>>140536302
congrats, you figured out that almost all work of fictions contain common tropes
>>
>>140531195
Found the guy who isn't aware of the existence of Muv Luv
>>
>>140536673
Oh I am very aware of it
I'm just not into VNs
>>
>>140534737
No
>>
>>140535550
>He specifically gets mad because it's "too early."
No.

>Mikami basically did everything as Light would do it, that's why Light loved using him so much.
Except he literally says that he thought Mikami understood Kira and in the beginning he did, after a while he starts losing it and just killing every single criminal.
>>
>>140528692
innocents like cops? in the city where I live the cops beat up people for jollies, and arrest young women to rape them then claim they were prostitutes soliciting them.

The only thing wrong with Light is that he didn't go after the real criminals that make humanity miserable with war and poverty: the banking cartel, big corporations including "defense contractors", politicians that start wars against people that didn't attack their countries for the purposes of wealth and power (in the pockets of those big corps I mentioned earlier).....kill those motherfuckers and the world would indeed be a better place
>>
>>140526426
Who gives a shit? The author said they didn't care about the deeper morals and just wanted to make an entertaining thriller. This would be an interesting discussion if the series actually talked about it, but it doesn't.
>>
>>140526426
the one that didn't kill a bunch of people you retarded fucking idiot
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.