[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MC is clean cut, reserved and wears his uniform properly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 498x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 498x281
>MC is clean cut, reserved and wears his uniform properly
>Best friend character has brightly coloured hair, is energetic, has piercings and usually wears a hoodie or t-shirt under their uniform
Why is this the case with so many anime?
>>
>>144107408
An 'odd couple' type friendship allows the characters to be foils to each other and provides more variety in the cast.
>>
>>144107901
This, makes things more interesting,and although it's very rare in real life it does happen.

Me for example, I'm socially awkward prefer indoor shit like gaming/watching anime and would die without internet, although I used to play some sports until work got too busy and like living in my hometown. My best friend since childhood is a literal free-spirited hippy that lives off the grid much of the time and travels all over the country and even out of country.

We are similar personality wise and have a few similar interest but polar opposites mostly.
>>
While it's undeniably a way to make the story work while having a more passive protagonist which kids can relate to, it's not like this is strictly a Japanese thing. A lot of books tend to have the protag in a more observing role with the "driving" people placed around him.
>>
>>144107408
Didn't you want to be friends with one of the cool friends
>>
>>144107901
It also lets you pull the "quiet MC is actually the crazier one" thing.
>>
>>144107408
Boke
>>
>>144108738
>he wasnt one of the cool guys on school
What a faggot
>>
>>144107408
This isn't just an anime thing anon.
>>
File: 1309882583566.jpg (115 KB, 824x1200) Image search: [Google]
1309882583566.jpg
115 KB, 824x1200
>>144107408

Why wasn't there a lot more Anri fanservice?
>>
Japanese are boring and don't want to stand out.
Those who do are interesting though.
So having a friend like that is cool because it's interesting but it can't be the MC or the beta can't relate.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1769x3310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1769x3310
>>144109460
Varona deserves more love.
>>
>>144107408
That's not exactly an anime thing.

It's a pretty common character dynamic.

Good Cop / Bad Cop
Prim and Proper Girly Girl / Wild and Rebellious Tomboy Girl
Nerd / Jock
Prude / Stoner

You get the deal. Makes them be foil to each other and shit and creates interesting interactions. The roles are sometimes reversed too, with the wilder side of the duo being the MC.
>>
So are students who wear hoodies or casual t-shirts underneath their uniforms really seen as cool? I thought it wouldn't even be allowed.
>>
>>144109756
They're "rebels" who think they're hot shit or something.
>>
>>144107408
poor choice of example there
there's no MC in DRRR
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.