[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so based? What if he was still alive, would the war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
File: 1444519315764.jpg (34 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1444519315764.jpg
34 KB, 848x480
Why was he so based?
What if he was still alive, would the war have turned out differently?
>>
Gin would've killed a few Sternritter for sure.
He's pretty much the only characters in the series who isn't retarded and doesn't reveal his abilities to everyone, and his Bankai is a one-hit-kill on a similar level as Shunsui's. In terms of power he's only slightly below the more senior captains.

Gin is underrated.
>>
He couldnt see well
>>
He could have done so much with his bankai seeing as it moves so fast that most people couldn't catch it.
>>
>>140415018
I love Gin, his abilities are really simple yet strong as fuck
Kubo shouldn't have killed him
>>
>>140415018
gins sword was based but didnt ichigos dad retcon it out of being special with any shinigami can make his sword bigger
>>
>>140415165
I doubt any shinigami can extend his sword that fast anyway
Shinso/Kamishini no Yari was really long and fast on top on having one of the most bullshit special abilities
>>
>>140415165
It's not about being bigger. Gin's sword extends so fast that most shinigami couldn't see it.
The length being that long was okay, but it's the speed that matters. Imagine a very fast bullet, but in the shape of a sword.
>>
>>140415215
Now that I think about it it's like a weaker version of Lille's gun
>>
>>140415246
It's not really weaker since the matter that extends the sword is poisonous, enough to erode the body. It almost worked against Aizen.
>>
>>140415215
by now powercreeps hit so hard i dont think a single stab wound would do anything to anyone. though he could flick his wrist and cut a guy in half after piercing.
>>
>>140414146
Thanks to his bankai's range, he might have been able to use it on Quincies without risking it being stolen.
>>
He was always my favorite character in Bleach, a pity he got such a weak sendoff.
>>
>>140415294
It was guaranteed to fail against Aizen if only because Ichigo was supposed to defeat him in the end
But Gin's bankai is completely overpowered otherwise. I wonder if it could work against people like Barragan, Ichibei or Yama, or if they'd just pull a "lolreiatsu" and just negate its effect
>>
>>140414146
Was my favourite the first time he came up, and still till this date. Is a real shame he got so little screentime, whenever he got screentime he was top notch entertaining, and fuck it all that the romance between him and Tits was the greatest. His VA did great job to add to it.
>>
>>140415405
>It was guaranteed to fail against Aizen
Because the plot demands it. It's pretty OP otherwise, and we know he's actually playing around with Ichigo when they fought to stall time.
>>
Gin would have saved the series if he didn't die.
>>
>>140415499
>Because the plot demands it
Yeah that's what I implied.
>playing around
His bankai aside, how skilled do you think Gin was in combat? we hardly saw him fight at all
>>
He's the perfect example of chaotic neutral
Most based character in bleach by far
>>
He could kill every sternritter in the series with his sword fragment thing
>>
>>140415540
No one knows how strong he actually is. His first fight against Ichigo was him playing around as well.
But we do know that he's pretty good at fighting because of how he plays around with Ichigo with his bankai. You need to know how to fight to actually play around in the first place.
>>
>>140415629
iirc he was hyped as a genius (but Hitsugaya as well so it doesn't really mean anything). If his stats provided by databook are anything to go by, he's average
>>
>>140415642
Thing is, the dude hid hid power so damn well. He pretended to not be all too strong in front of Aizen.
>>
>>140415728
Aizen knew, though. Or at least figured that Gin was hiding something
>>140415568
>chaotic neutral
You mean neutral evil?
CN is more like Kenpachi or Nnoitra
>>
>>140415843
Nnoitra is pretty chaotic evil imo. Since evil can be refferred to as selfish
>>
>>140415215
More than that, the blade length does not add any weight to the blade, so he can literally fight at any range and cut most anything in half without exerting much effort. It's quite terrifying if you put it into perspective.
>>
>>140415620
>Lille
>Pernida
>Askin
>Gerald
>Hashwatch
Yeah, he can kill them.
>>
>>140416595
Could his bankai kill pernida and lille though? I don't think so.
>>
>>140416859
Kubo would bullshit their way back even though Gin said that there's no way to recover from the poison. Aizen wasn't affected because plot.
>>
>>140416859
It's sarcasm, m8. The other dude said Gin could kill any quincy.
>>
He was the best henchman.

The greatest thing that Gin ever did was hide the fact that he had a heart, even to Aizen.
>>
Lets kill best character and give more screentime to Toshiro and Zaraki. Kubo logic
>>
>>140415336
remember he had that poison ability as well.
>>
>>140417327
What point would there have been to keeping Gin alive? Even if he had survived he would still have been a traitor so he would just be rotting in jail like Aizen. Face it, his character arc was over with Deicide, he will always be one of my favorites but he was too OP to live.
>>
>>140418926
What if Kubo asspulled him back in the current arc?
>>
>>140415336
He does molecular damage in bankai.
>>
>>140414921
I love when he lied about his Bankai ability to Ichigo to make sure Ichigo was distracted by the length and not the real best quality of his sword which was the speed
>>
>>140418926
The Vizards were once sentenced to death but they went to hiding in the human world just fine. Gin can learn from them.
>>
>>140414146
I miss the stuff that used to be after the end of episodes like the shinigami picture book or that shit where the shippuden character pretended to be actors
>>
>>140416939
His poison is a hard counter to Pernida and could possibly kill Askin since it doesn't function in terms of dose
If he can hit Lille before he goes Vollstandig, it's finished as well
And I don't see how Gerard can miracle his way back into existence from being literally disintegrated on a molecular level
>>
>>140420480
Gerard would bullshit his way out of it. You're right for the other 2 I think
>>
>>140415910
>>140415843
Why wouldn't Gin be chaotic neutral? He corresponds exactly to the alignment. He's not good nor evil, just looks out for himself (and Rangiku), is completely unpredictable and individualistic

I agree on Nnoitra being evil though.
>>
>>140420480
>Pernida could adapt to anything, poison is no exception
>Gin's poison is still riatsu-related, so Askin can eat it just fine
>Lille could snip Gin first anyway
>It'd take a MIRACLE for Gerald to survive, you see
>>
File: 1460922684990.png (134 KB, 316x311) Image search: [Google]
1460922684990.png
134 KB, 316x311
I love characters like Gin or Kabuto before Orochimaru invaded his body and stuff

>that moment when he openhis eyes

you know your're are going to get fucked
>>
>>140420791
Askin dies if he gets oneshotted. I doubt he could just adapt to the poison.
>>
Did Gin follow Aizen for decades just in order to gain his trust and kill him, because Aizen had hurt Rangiku?
Isn't that a tad excessive?
>>
>>140421635
He ripped out part of her soul didn't he? Seems like an appropriate response.
>>
>>140420110
The Vizards were framed, Gin was an actual traitor even if his intentions were to kill Aizen.
>>
>>140421879
So what? Is there any different when the SS has been always believing the Vizards were the real traitors? They were sentenced to death and no one was sent to the living world to hunt them down.
>>
>>140422129
Their completely different scenarios. Gin is a legitimate traitor, he'd never be welcomed back into Soul Society.
>>
>>140419330
That would have been fun.

>no Stark
KKUUUUUUBBOOO-
Nah.
>>
>>140422175
Did he ever actually do anything that bad? All I remember him doing is hanging around with Aizen and looking smug.
>>
>>140422271
Did we see Stark die? No? Kubo can asspull him back.
>>
File: 1424370299719.jpg (725 KB, 800x1134) Image search: [Google]
1424370299719.jpg
725 KB, 800x1134
>>
>>140422271
Starrk at least has a actual chance to comeback as a zombie.
>>
>>140422175
Yamamoto was a hypocrite and would've gladly accepted Gin's help during the Quincy war.
Based Shunsui doesn't give a shit and would welcome Gin back as Captain as soon as it was established that he wasn't actually a bad guy.
>>140422303
He behaved like an asshole but I don't recall him actually committing a crime against Soul Society. Even during the Hueco Mundo arc, Gin didn't engage any of Soul Society's forces himself (Ichigo doesn't count)
>>
>>140422271
>>140422338
I'd be mad as fuck if Starrk came back but Gin didn't. I like Starrk, but Gin is a much better and more entertaining character.
>>
>>140422380
Gin is still a bad guy. It just happened that he hated Aizen too. Gin crushed Rukia's hope for no reason at all. He also cut Hiyori in two pieces.
>>
>>140422410
Blame Mayuri for only having long-term zombification for Arrancar. If you want Gin back, your best bet would be Rangiku telling either Orihime or Giselle where she buried him. But I don't think she would do that.
>>
>>140422448
>He also cut Hiyori in two pieces.
Right, I forgot about that. Hiyori's an annoying brat though, she had it coming.
>crushed Rukia's hope
That's not illegal, though

I'm not saying Gin did nothing wrong, but I'm pretty sure Shunsui would welcome him back given the fact that even after leaving SS, he remained an observer and didn't really take any action against the Shinigami
>>
>>140422551
Even including that he's still probably got the moral high ground compared to most of the other captains.
>>
>>140422551
Shunsui would definitely do that. But Shunsui would probably also ally himself with Yhwach, if Aizen were the main enemy again. But Shunsui probably plans to use Aizen as the next lynchpin and cut his limbs and lock him up for eternity in the crystal prison. It's either him or Ichigo.
>>
>>140422175
>Implying he wants to go back
>>
>>140422448
>Gin crushed Rukia's hope
Well, it's his only fault though. He should have killed her instead.
>>
>>140422655
Shunsui really is a sneaky motherfucker.
>>140422617
Most captains either follow rules to the letter without room for personal judgement, or are downright evil. Not only is Gin one of the least despicable, he's pretty much one of the most sane as well.
>>140422700
He would, since Rangiku would be there
>>
I still don't believe he's dead.

They only said he's "gone". I know bullshit when I see it.
>>
>>140422410
Grimmjow came back. Tiny sliver of a chance Stark might. No chance of Gin, he died for sure, unfortunately.
I will laugh if Barragan comes back. And he does, so can Gin.

>>140422306
We did. Ch375

>>140422338
doubt it
>>
>>140422851
Barragan got completely disintegrated, on an even more fundamental level than Ulquiorra. No way he's ever coming back

Gin on the other hand wasn't even bisected or decapitated. I'd say he has a fair chance compared to the other characters mentioned so far
>>
>>140422851
Mayuri collected Charlotte from Fake Karakura Town. You really believe, he took Charlotte, but ignored Starrk? And there was once a list, that predicted which Arrancar could return based on interviews on Kubo. Starrk and Nnoitra were given the chance to come back.
>>
Imagine if Aizen had been able to fool everyone longer and it was full strength gotei 13 vs the quincy.
>>
>>140423122
The quincy would probably have lost. Having Aizen on their side is pretty much like having another Yamamoto, and Gin is an asset on the level of Shunsui or Ukitake
>>
>>140422778
>He would, since Rangiku would be there
Rangiku will gladly come with him.
>>
>>140423344
Come with him where? They wouldn't have anywhere to go.
>>
>>140423252
The Quincy were never under Kyoku Suigetsu. They have also masks to protect them. Since this Aizen wouldn't posses the Hogyoku hax, some of the stronger Quincy would defeat him.
>>
>>140423482
The Quincy wouldn't even know how Kyoka Suigetsu works, since Aizen would never have revealed it.

Also, Aizen on his own is on a level comparable to Yamamoto (strength, speed, kido, reiatsu). He's weaker, but he would still be the most powerful captain excluding Yama if he chooses to engage in direct combat.
>>
>>140415568
>>140415843
>>140420592
Gin is chaotic neutral bordering on chaotic evil
He does what he wants and doesn't care about others
>>
>>140423361
The living world.
>>
>>140423606
On the quincy's side, there is a guy who can literally see the future.
>>
>>140415540

Ichigo's hollow mask shattered in seconds. The same mask that allowed him to fight on par with Grimmjow's release. The same Grimmjow that could smack around Bankai Ichigo in his base form. Plus Gin was toying with Ichigo. He never even tried to cut him, because if he so much as grazed Ichigo, his poison would have killed him.

In my opinion, Gin isn't too far from the likes of Unohana or Kyouraku.

Remember, Gin graduated from the academy in the same time Hitsugaya took. Remember what Kyouraku said about Hitsugaya being stronger than him in 100 years? Well Gin has about 100 years on Hitsugaya.
>>
>>140415018
His bankai and his fight with Ichigo had so much sakuga potential.

Shame we got a shitty fucking studio animating it who approached it in the most boring way imaginable.
>>
>>140421834

For real. She would probably be a captain by now, considering Hisagi has bankai, and she was most likely nerfed by Aizen.
>>
>>140424433
Maybe there is a way for her to get it back. Kubo did say her past would be a key. I could see her using Bankai during the invasion of the living world on day eight or so. Maybe also protecting and making Tatsuki gay again.
>>
What characters that are confirmed to have Bankai still have yet to show them or have them properly explained?
>Ichigo (new Bankai)
>Aizen
>Shinji
>Love
>Isshin
>Unohana (Bankai explanation, may tie into all the other Kenpachis)
>Ukitake
>Yoruichi (Shikai and Bankai, might not ever bother showing it)
>The other four members of the Royal Guard
>Tessai?
>>
>>140424692
Hisagi and Iba also have Bankai. Kubo also said Yumichika would be a very likely candidate. We will most likely more of Unohana during the flashback to the First Blood War.
>>
>>140424692
We also need explaination for Kenpachi and Yachiru. And given the recent trend maybe also one for Hitsugaya.
>>
>>140424239
>looks into the future
>sees Kyoka Suigetsu
not very clever
>>
>>140424276
Yama >>>>>>> Unohana > Shunsui > Ukitake > the rest
Gin is probably somewhere between Ukitake and Shunsui. I don't see Ukitake's bankai being more hax than Kamishini no Yari which is basically a more straightforward Karamatsu Shinjuu
>>
>>140424276
Could Gin defeat all of the Espada?
>>
>>140426578

Tbh yes, I think so. At the very worst, he would stalemate against Barragan, but that is by no means a loss.

Starrk is no pushover, but I think Ichimaru has the edge. Same with Ulquiorra. Also, he would wreck Yammy. If Gin fought Starrk or Ulquiorra, Gin would win 6/10 times.
>>
>>140426578
>>140426767
He'd handle everyone up to Ulquiorra with low difficulty, he might struggle a bit against Nnoitra's hierro though
His bankai is a hard counter to Ulquiorra's regen, so he'd defeat Ulquiorra
I don't think he'd have any problems with Harribel
Barragan could go either way, but Gin's bankai seems much faster than Respira, so I think Gin would kill him
Gin vs Starrk would be a ranged battle. They seem to be on the same level of speed/agility but Gin has an advantage since Shinsou is faster than Starrk's ceros. Gin would win with high difficulty
Yammy is a joke, and would just be a huge target, thus easier to hit for Gin's bankai
>>
>>140414146
>Why was he so based?
He was the only intelligent character in the manga
>>
>>140419442
Don't forget the poison
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.