[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>**2,350位/**2,246位 (***,*32 pt) [*,**0予約] 2016/06/08
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: trigger didnt lose their way.png (471 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
trigger didnt lose their way.png
471 KB, 641x480
>**2,350位/**2,246位 (***,*32 pt) [*,**0予約] 2016/06/08 Kiznaiver 1 (Event Ticket included)
What went wrong?
>>
File: 14606479a18064.png (28 KB, 512x172) Image search: [Google]
14606479a18064.png
28 KB, 512x172
>>140340743
>only 3 episodes.
>>
>>140340743
simple.

storytelling 101 -
you need to make your audience connect with the characters or events in some way. Usually in character driven dramas like Kiznaiver you need characters the audience can connect with.
EP1- introduced viewers to a 7 person cast, 6 of whome were litteral TROPE characters chosen for the experiment specifically because they fit a trope to a "T", and one character was an apathetic, likely severely and clinically depressed beta MC. Hard to connect to this cast unless you suffer from clinical depression, and even then it might be hard because the NARITIVE blames the MC for his apathy not the mental or physical illness he suffers.

EP2- adds one single point of characterization to 6 characters, however these "secrets" in their introduction are far more shallow then the "take long walks on the beach" variety that the "punk" tries out first. Seriously, him talking about birthdays and likes is not good but him being afraid of dogs to the point he becomes a sniveling mess is fine? No one else's "deep dark secret" was particularly characterizing either. The problem with the killer girl's reveal at the end is we have zero emotional connection to these characters so this type of reveal conveys zero reaction by the viewer. Furthermore if i was in that group, I would think a more standard introduction would be a lot more informative then whether or not some prick was a fatty when he was young or some busybody bitch was in love with a plank of wood er i mean the MC

The end result is this is a mess which has failed at basic storytelling 101, by introducing an boring cast of 1 dimensional characters, then engages in pseudo intellectual nonsensical philosophy in an attempt to create a "meaning" for the story. Basically this whole thing is a flop at this point, and it will be hard for me to last past episode 3 at this point.
>>
how do i read this
>>
Is this the worst original series? Yep.
>>
>>140342147
>tl;dr: I need a self insert character in order to be engaged into a story
And no,
you are not suppose to connect with any of the main characters YET because the show is still in fucking episode 2 and its introductory phrase.
>>
>>140340743

all that hype on /a/ for a 4.5/10 show
>>
>>140340743
>What went wrong?
Making the MC even more autistic than Eggs from Aldnoah.
>>
Putting it up for pre-order.
>>
>>140345641

Replace his tactical and robot skill with more autism.
>>
>>140342147
The whole point of the group is that they forced to be together -- they aren't friends and can't relate to each other. Why should the viewer be any different?

Obviously this will eventually change, but in the meantime you can enjoy seeing the shallow tropes getting torn down, and the characters being forced to act like real people.

>>140344611
This
>>
>>140344611
>And no,
>you are not suppose to connect with any of the main characters YET because the show is still in fucking episode 2 and its introductory phrase.
Rather then argue let me clarify. ONE of the ways a writer/story can get an audience involved in a story is with a relatable character. There are other ways to get an audience involved in a story such as
-Relatable situation
-Interesting situation
-Interesting characters (rather than relatable)
-Humor

Visual Media like Anime can have other factors which draw an audience in like
-beautiful art
-great action
-cute characters

This anime fails at pretty much all of these. Listen I know they preface this with "the first 3 episodes are a prologue" but even by prologue standards this violates the rules of good storytelling. This is not a relatable situation. The characters are all Tropes. Overused ones at that. The character designs are STANDARD TRIGGER, nothing particularly cute or pretty or eye catching about it either. The action is non-existent. The humor is rote. Overall this is a piss poor show and REMAINS one of the poorer shows airing, just ahead of that generic abomination "Hundred" and a bit behind that other generic abomination "Netoge" (Netoge actually managed to make a connection with the audience with the MC and his failed first virtual love, whether because it was relatable or simply funny)
>>
File: Let's Subtitle the Meow Too.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Let's Subtitle the Meow Too.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>140340743
>What went wrong?

Nothing is wrong yet. Some shows take time to build up a head of steam especially shows that have too many chars introduced at the same time. I would have liked four max introduced in ep01 and then two more introduced in ep02 while the plot went along.

But the production committee might have forced the animation studio (trigger) to present all six chars in ep01 in order to stabilize each chars' amount of screen time in which they appear and help sell merchandise such as clothing, shoes, accessories, char goods, etc. The apparel manufacturer, toy manufacturer, etc, may have stipulations on how many minutes of screentime each char gets per episode and a minimum number of episodes the chars appear. Thus, merchandising requirements can dictate how a plot is to be written as well as screen time. The screenplay then has to jam all 6 in such that people such as you don't like that.

>you need to make your audience connect with the characters or events in some way.

While self-insert chars are common in anime, I don't think that all anime needs to make the audience identify with any particular char as there are other various traditional ways to enjoy a media item.
>>
Mari Ocuckda working her magic once again. This bitch needs to be put down.
>>
>>140347165
Nice pasta
Nice objectivity
Nice buzzwords

A++ model student dectected
>>
>>140347165
You're writing a lot and what you're actually saying about the show itself is basically nothing.
>>
>>140340743
>episode three
Wait a little while.

Kiznaiver is AOTY.

A completely riveting story driven anime that explore the human psyche in a completely groundbreaking way.
>>
>>140343963
This is not Fractale or Glasslip.
>>
>>140340743
That's because its still building up, and nobody has any real idea how the show will end up yet.
>>
>>140340743
Its a anime Original that's the problem
>>
>>140340743
-trigger name is devaluated/covered in mud after their triple fiasco (kill la kill, inou battle, ninja slayer)

-okada
>>
>>140340743
we still don't know anything about the plot aside from the basic premise and character intros.
>>
>>140340743
its main problem is allowing Okada to write shit.
Okada is a shit meme thats never actually written anything worth shit.
>>
>>140350715
Anime originals can be good if the execution is right.
>>
Nobody wants the show. The nips Money is being spent on Jojo, Macross and Kabaneri and that one pedo bear anime.

Yes, this show will be pretty huge failure
>>
>>140351057
>The nips Money is being spent on Jojo,
Still can't believe this is out front. Didn't expect it to do so well.
>>
>>140340743
Luluco will save them
>>
>>140351216
new design attract fujo
>>
>>140351039
Even if they're good they tend to sell like shit
>>
>>140340743
There is no hook.

We're two episodes deep, and what has happened? Someone kidnapped kids, linked up their pain for some reason, and made them share secrets. If you're going to lead me down a boring road, you need to promise candy first. There is no candy, all we have is that its made by trigger so it will get crazy at some point, but at this point, I'm just not sold on it.
>>
>>140351216
>Still can't believe this is out front. Didn't expect it to do so well.
Only because the loyal Jojo fans are purchasing it. Still has the potential to do 10k+ but I fully expect one of the other shows like Macross, Kabaneri or Kuma Miko to be the top seller at the end of the season.
>>
>>140342147
>likely severely and clinically depressed

nah, just autistic. literally everything about his character is just extreme symptoms of autism
>>
>>140348126
>complains about pasta and buzzwords
>while typing a pure pasta and buzzword meme response
>>
The exact same thing happened with Kill la Kill, in a few weeks everyone's going to be saying Kiznaiver is AOTY
>>
>>140352301
Except Kill la Kill had a hype opening and got into what the anime was going to be within the first 3 minutes. I still have no idea whats going on here and we're 3 episodes in....
>>
>>140351416
>but I fully expect one of the other shows like Macross, Kabaneri or Kuma Miko to be the top seller at the end of the season.
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>140352717
Jojo will not be the biggest show of the season. Nips still haven't bought into any particular show yet.
>>
>>140352717
>You're a fucking idiot.
Explain yourself anon. Jojo part 3 only did barely 10k. A lot of shows like Kabaneri and Kuma can have sudden jumps in pre-orders after episodes and never come back down.

Especially if event tickets start getting bundled
>>
>>140352301
>The exact same thing happened with Kill la Kill,
Not it didn't. It was hyped and stayed hyped the whole run. When pre-orders came up the show jumped in the top 150+ and never came down.
This show is a failure. At this point, if the show suddenly became amazing and successful it would probably become the biggest turn around in anime history
>>
>>140345470
The only hype came from the dumb idiots who say "X show will save anime" just because of the studio behind it
>>
No Imaishi
>>
>>140353797
>No Imaishi
Even he isn't guaranteed success. KLK barely even nips the heels of what he accomplished with TTGL for the anime industry.

I've already come to the sad conclusion he will never succeed it.
>>
>>140354007
TTGL only succeeded as much as it did because of its high production values. If it had KLK's budget it probably would have sold around the same or less as KLK.
Its writing and direction were complete ass.
>>
>>140354202
>Its writing and direction were complete ass.
Not at all. TTGL actually pulled together a story and characters you actually cared for. Caught you off guard with a certain characters death early on and ended up becoming a great coming of age story with the time jump

KLK was way to goofy for anything to ever really matter. Yeah it was entertaining, but you always knew what the outcome was going to be.
>>
>>140350743
Kill la Kill is good what are you smoking
>>
>>140354592
>TTGL actually pulled together a story and characters you actually cared for.
The characters were easily the worst part of the show, and its pretty much the only thing in TTGL I'd consider to be below average, though TTGL wasn't character driven so it didn't bring it down too much for people who don't necessarily care about that sort of thing.
Plot was painfully mediocre.

KLK at least had a more interesting plot and better characters, but it still wasn't all that great. It also looked like complete garbage at times, not to mention it doesn't have that self-insert potential that TTGL has and honestly, TTGL wouldn't have nearly sold as much if Simon was a girl. KLK probably sold as much as it did because of Imaishi.
>>
>>140340743
Show sucks balls and none of the characters are likable.
>>
>>140340743
Trigger's trying to do their best Shaft impression
>>
>>140352301
>exact same thing happened with Kill la Kill
>hyped when announced and during the first few eps
>turned to generic shit afterwards
I don't see how its similar to Kiznaiver. Kiznaiver wasn't hyped and people seem to hate the first episodes.
>>
Have faith in Trigger.
>>
>>140340743
Okada melodrama.
>>
>>140342147
Wew lad
>>
Is it necessary to watch episode 00?
>>
>>140349032
Trigger isn't Gainax, they are not going to twist things 180 degrees randomly or do a fuckit tang everyone ending, instead they'll double down on whatever direction they've started going in like they did in KlK and just about everything else they've done so far. This time they are driving into the middle of nowhere though.
>>
>>140340743
>i already knew the crazy girl secret was she is merely pretending
>same about the "pretty guy"
>same as the "no emotion guy" and the "i like u".
>Even in the fucking end , i killed someone
this shit was cliche as fuck
>>
File: axFGobNp_400x400.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
axFGobNp_400x400.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Fuck Okada. Trigger needs a name that would save their original works.

Also make new episodes of Inferno Cop.
>>
>>140351415
It's Danganronpa: Friendship Edition.
>>
>>140360223
They just need another full Imaishi show. But I guess they don't want to get pigeonholed doing only his signature style.
>>
>>140344611
>self-insert
he didn't say that, he said a character people are able to relate to
you can relate to a character without them being a generic self-insert
or are you just plain retarded and self-insert into every single anime and movie MC you see?
>>
File: 1460943208157.gif (375 KB, 689x720) Image search: [Google]
1460943208157.gif
375 KB, 689x720
>>140344611
> can't tell the diference between relatable and self-insert
>>
>>140340743
>can't related to MC since he >feels nothing
>don't give a fuck about any of the characters
>trying to fanservice with S&M overtones
Basically, Mekakucity Actors season2.
>>
>>140340743
>What went wrong?
Okada

Specifically, Okada's pseudo-intellectual melodrama bullshit doesn't mix with Trigger's cartoony humor.

Watching this show is like watching Bugs Bunny escape from Elmer Fudd while reciting Atlas Shrugged
>>
>>140360479
Relatable is a false god. The term the audience is looking for but doesn't realize is compelling.
>>
>>140360479
A self-insert is just an extreme perverse version of relatable.
>>
>>140340743
>What went wrong?
Apparently everything.
>>
>>140340743
Just look at the damn cover and plot/character description. That alone says everything.

But no, you fags only read the studio name and get hyped. Almost as bad as Ikuhara retards.
>>
File: 1460970947523.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460970947523.gif
140 KB, 379x440
does Japan actually dislike this show or is this just a case of a good show that doesn't sell?
>>
>>140361414
You fuck right off.
>>
TRIGGER is channeling a lot of their excitable westaboo-ness into Luluco while Kiznaiver is just floating along like your run of the mill edgy series with a 2chuu4u MC.
>>
>>140345470

KLK was a 5/10 show and it had even more hype
>>
>>140344611
>taking 3 episodes for a introductory phase
For what fuckin reason
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.