[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shigatsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Piano Man.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Piano Man.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else remember this tear-jerking anime?
>>
I'm only like half-way through.

She lives though, right?
>>
>tearjerking

more like Jerking at his mom. This show is a downhill
>>
>>140262790
yup, through the power of music
>>
>>140262663
Yes. It's good but overrated by a lot of people. It also didn't hit me nearly as hard emotionally as some other shows have.
>>
>Invalid doesn't cuck you but makes you a cuck

Literally reverse Kimi no iru machi.
>>
>>140263120
maybe you're just desensitized
>>
>>140263232
I'm usually a little bitch when it comes to things like this actually.
>>
>>140263120
>>140263232

When it was airing a lot of people were spoiled that Kaori dies so I bet that had something to do with it.
>>
>>140262663
forced k-drama in anime form
>>
>>140263232
Or maybe the series was trying to force an emotional reaction through constant melodramatic flashbacks and internal monologues, and it didn't work on anon. The end made me cry but it didn't hit me hard or anything, I was too annoyed by the reptitive, jarring direction at that point.
>>
File: G099wqv.jpg (326 KB, 1779x2958) Image search: [Google]
G099wqv.jpg
326 KB, 1779x2958
>>140262663

I'm only bringing this up because they aired simultaneously, but I thought Hibike handled the music portions better.

Late into Hibike, during the Reina/Kaori battle for the solo part, they both played the same piece. They both played it perfectly. However, Reina just knocks it out of the fucking park.

Here's the thing: NOBODY says/thinks anything about her playing better. No internal monologues, no metaphors about her music being a fucking bubble festival or whatever. All we get is Reina's music and some visual cues of the audience's reaction. Shigatsu, on the other hand, clubs you over the face repeatedly about what you're listening to. Classic case of show (in this case hear), don't tell.

That said, both were solid shows and among my favorites of 2015.
>>
kaori was too good for this world
>>
>>140262663
Yes we have this thread every other day
>>
>>140263347
I'm pretty sure the anime wasn't aiming to affect or change you're life or something, the fact that it triggered an emotion in you enough for you to shed a tear is probably more than enough.
>>
>>140263963
I don't think you get the point I'm making. They want people to feel emotion because that's the entire reason fiction exists, but they're doing it in a cheap, manipulative way instead making you feel it through good writing and direction.
>>
>>140263403
This
>>
/a/ hates Shigatsu because muh normalfags but will love Koe no Katachi along with normalfags because muh kyoani
>>
>>140262663
Watched it recently, actually.

It's not as good as Toradora. The anime has many flaws and in fact the two other piano competitors hit me harder emotionally than the blonde girl.
>>
>>140262663
finished yesterday, lost a tear two times. That didn't happen since my gf left me 2 years ago, so yeah I liked it.
>>
>>140262663
Cheap emotional manipulation makes for a easy MAL favourite. Its garbage as always.
>>
Lost some steam after the first half.
>>
I'm glad that lying slut died.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.