[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show worth my time if I enjoyed Legend of the Galactic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
Is this show worth my time if I enjoyed Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Death Note? I particularly like the music, specifically Kom Susser Tod which is all I know of it.
>>
>>140256085
No... or at least not if you're comparing it to those two shows. NGE is completely different from DN and LoGH.

I haven't watched the show in, like, forever but from what I remember the show likes to push the envelope of symbolism (often religious) a lot and the show is centered around the insecurities of Shinji. In other words, imagine what a real person would go through if tasked with a life or death situation where they have to save the world. That's basically what it's about.
>>
>>140256085
It's honestly my favourite anime.
>>
It is its own show with a wide array of facets to it. I'd not compare it directly with that many shows from before it, though it has been influenced by prior material.
>>
>>140256085
Recommendation/request threads belong on the appropriate board, >>>/wsr/

Watch it for yourself and find out.

Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>140258310
>lurk for two years before posting
for what purpose? I never understood this, it should really be lurk for two months. When i first starting browsing /a/, it took me less than a month to adjust. Besides, they need feedback to understand what is and isn't correct. That's like telling someone to watch martial arts lessons for two year before actually training, it's stupid and it doesn't work
>>
>>140258310
>Lurk for 2 years before posting.
how about no, new fag
>>
>defending newshits that haven't even seen fucking eva
>>
>>140256085
you should watch it
the running joke is that you'll never be ready for it and just have to dive right in
it's honestly amazing and well worth the suffering that comes from having watched it
>>
>>140258310
I lurked for 0 seconds because I'm not socially retarded enough to make a faux pas.
>>
File: Giga Drill Disgust.jpg (61 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
Giga Drill Disgust.jpg
61 KB, 453x439
>>140258310
>two fucking years
some people have terminal illnesses you sick bastard
>>
>>140259006
how fitting that cancer would die of cancer
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.