[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime elitism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 0cDZPvL.png (43 KB, 900x514) Image search: [Google]
0cDZPvL.png
43 KB, 900x514
How accurate is pic related? Where are you?

Abyss reporting in.
>>
I've always had the same standards.
If I enjoy it, I watch it. If I don't enjoy it, I stop watching.
>>
>>140232549
There is only so much good anime out there.Have you thought of finding a more lucrative hobby?
>>
File: Very picky.png (45 KB, 900x514) Image search: [Google]
Very picky.png
45 KB, 900x514
>>140232549
I can't be bothered investing the time in shounen and over the years I've dropped things that are unfinished adaptations with rare exceptions.
>>
>>140232549
This is creepy, I actually came here to request help concerning a similar matter. I used to watch shows quite often, the last season I was actively watching was the one with the trio medaka, toaru, IS. After that watched the occasional show like psychopass or catching up on some classics and read manga (trash, deadtube and stuff that tickled my brain like that). But lately I seem to simply have lost taste in anime, maybe because of work and the fact that I'm transisioning from student to active life or just growing bored/up from it. For example, a friend recommended and gave me Nanatsu no Taizai to watch and I actually couldn't get past the first few minutes of the second episode.

This freaked me out as I always considered myself standardless as i'll watch any kind of garbage.

Browsing today I found out about this Joker Game, I'm torrenting the 2 episodes and try it out. I was also contemplating getting into jojo, I read until he got to the part were he dislocks his arms or something but was planning into asking people here if there is some good methods of comsuming jojo like, reading an arc, then watching it etc...

help is much appreciated
>>
>>140232549
>animefags

Should be a straight line of shit taste. Read a manga instead.
>>
>>140232650
this
>>
File: Miki_in_anime.jpg (24 KB, 579x612) Image search: [Google]
Miki_in_anime.jpg
24 KB, 579x612
>>140233421
There's plenty of shit manga out there too ya know.
>>
>>140232549
Realizing tropes comes before elitism.
>>
>>140233514
Still better than watching shit anime.
>>
I went straight from an adult swim manime fag to watching whatever had boobs in the preview picture on the seasonal charts. I still don't watch shonenshit though.
>>
>>140233421
Sadly anime is more heavily vetted for content that may not be as appropriate for public consumption.

Compare the NHK novel and Satou being stoned out of his face and anime Satou hallucinating due to isolation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.