[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished it. Had me in tears at the end. Maybe I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 092823458760923457860345786.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
092823458760923457860345786.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
Just finished it. Had me in tears at the end. Maybe I'm just going soft.

DRRR!! THREAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWXZN115Upg
>>
DRRR threads were barely alive when the show was airing and there was plenty to talk about. Now that it's over and everything has been talked about, the threads are absoluteky dead.
>>
>>140229014

Well that's a damn shame. I thought it was excellent. Maybe even under rated.
>>
>>140229099
The anime was just a 1-1 adaptation of the novels with terrible animation. Whatever praise you can give to it really belongs to the source material IMO.
>>
I watched it and thought it was pretty good as well!
>>
>>140229396

I thought the animation was fine. Haven't read the novels. I have little time to devote to that anymore.
>>
Drrr is finished?
I stopped watching it when mikado went crazy or when izaya got stabbed, I don't remember which one is the oldest.
Do I have a lot to watch?
>>
>>140229678

>Durarara
>Durarara X2 Shou
>Durarara X2 Ten
>Durarara X2 Ketsu

The last three are all about 13 episodes a piece. So not too much. They finished Ketsu recently. Supposedly there is a sequel with three new characters in the works.
>>
>>140229949
thanks
>>
>>140229612
Really? I actually had a folder filled with QUALITY moments from it at one point, but I deleted it after the show ended and there was nowhere for me me to post them anymore.
>>
>>140228869
So was there any big animation fuck ups after the Russian episode? I dropped it when that episode hit and decided I'd pick it up when the BD comes out. They should be out around next month or so correct?
>>
Is SH good enough to continue or should I just image that Drrr ended at end of anime?
>>
>>140233410
It's pretty fun. Narita always knows how to make unique charactes and Shinra continues to be best boy.
>>
File: the bros of Ikebukuro.png (223 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
the bros of Ikebukuro.png
223 KB, 600x334
Funny how this thread came out while I was planning to catch up to it. Last time was 1st series ep8 (sad, I know, but I had my studies)...dayum, that was a kick to the stomach. Never saw the light novel it was based on. You could say it was my coming-of-age anime (never watched much beyond mainstream stuff like Doraemon and Detective Conan until I was 18).

Unconventional and kinda absurd narrative like in ep 2 and 6 seems to remind me a bit of a Thai film I once watched - Citizen Dog. Shizuo's struggle to walk his talk of even at least trying to avoid violence is kinda intriguing. I was amused at Masaomi's character, he was mirroring my bratty siblings who loved to poke around things that I do, like Tigger...yet he is pretty adorkable. The Van Gang and Simon gave me lots of keks. The meddling involvement of Yagiri Pharmaceuticals in a show partly based on Irish mythology is a nice modern touch.

I really have a soft spot for ep 5. Masaomi's background of somehow having depression after being done with his colour gang and overcoming it (which is frankly a difficult thing to do) as Mikado showed up really was an eye opener. I kinda like seeing how Kida is depending on him as some sort of emotional crutch, as a reason to keep him being so sane. And again, the brotherly love dynamic just like me and my siblings do. (Especially now with my sis going away to NZ to further his studies...)

I can't wait to see where this is going, even as conflict will be imminently thrown into this dynamic just as what dramas do. (I don't even care for the spoilers because I'm gonna rewatch it today.) No matter how far I will get through this series, pic related is still going to be ingrained in my mind.

I can't wait to get back at this.
>>
>>140235326
> my sis going away to NZ to further her studies

Didn't expect the typo there, I was too excited to catch up to this again.
>>
File: output.webm (212 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
212 KB, 720x480
>>
File: mpv-shot0198.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0198.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Finished it a couple of days ago and I'm still feeling empty. Years of waiting and hoping and now it's all gone.

And what hurts most is that the way the world has changed over these years is reflected in DRRR world all too well. It really felt like I've lost home when they said that the chat room is going to be abandoned. 2009 is gone and it won't return, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wySAYMIUc
>>
Izaya did nothing wrong.
>>
>>140240434
Actually SH says he did a lot of stuff wrong but there are still people who were saved by him.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.