[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> there are plenty of men in the industry who can do shota
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: women.jpg (349 KB, 1600x449) Image search: [Google]
women.jpg
349 KB, 1600x449
> there are plenty of men in the industry who can do shota and trap voices
> these two are voiced by women
w h y
>>
>>140217369

Why not? I find a trap voiced by a female more pleasant to listen to than one by a male. You can still hear the difference.
>>
>>140217441
> I find a trap voiced by a female more pleasant to listen to than one by a male.
Don't you miss the point of traps? Regardless, those two are shotas, not traps.
> You can still hear the difference.
Which is the point. I want for males to be voiced by males. It's been the norm for fujobait cartoons in recent years, so why make an exception for _the_ two fujo shows this season?
>>
>>140217687
I don't mind, I consider Killua's voice male.
>>
>>140217369
I could understand right having a woman's voice, but not left. Fucking why?
>>
Whatever your autistic hangup is about immature little boys being voiced by women, get the fuck over it. It's all pretend anyway.
>>
File: 1416095576938.png (425 KB, 589x564) Image search: [Google]
1416095576938.png
425 KB, 589x564
>>140217789
> It's all pretend anyway.
What the fuck are you doing on /a/ with this attitude?
>>
>>140217714
> consider
Here's why you're wrong. Don't thank me.
>>
>>140217856
How does being wrong change anything? I still consider it male sounding.
>>
>>140217875
I somehow doubt that you're in the majority.
>>
>>140217994
How does that matter? I still consider it male sounding. It fits the character. That's all that matters.
>>
>>140217369
So it's less gay you homo queer
>>
>>140218055
> That's all that matters.
4u
And that's the problem. So some people are fine with those two being voiced by women, but that's a problem for others, especially when having them voiced by men was so easy. Don't extrapolate your preferences on everyone else.
>>
>>140218168
> watching shows you think are gay
> making excuses
>>
>>140218181
>Don't extrapolate
I'm not. That seems to be what you're doing right now actually. They sound fine, actual children sound fucking annoying and I'm glad that (ignoring acting skills) I won't have to listen to their screams in my escapism as-well as real life.
>>
>>140218236
> That seems to be what you're doing right now actually
All right, I give up, you're either shitposting or incurably stupid.
>>
>>140217369
I think it's fine as long as the voice fits the character, that's all that really matters.

Also episode 2 of Shounen Maid when? I heard it got delayed.
>>
>>140218280
>can't refute me
Nice fallacious post friend.
>>
>>140218181
I know it's mostly not possible, but I wish they could get child voice actors for little boys. A woman imitating a little boy's voice just can't top an actual young boy's voice.
>>
>>140218303
> as long as the voice fits the character
Well, that's the problem: I, and I gather quite a few people beside me, think that a pubescent male should be voiced by a male.
> episode 2 of Shounen Maid when?
It's long out, at least in raws.
>>140218329
The only example for a non-prepubescent boy I can remember is Geass. He sounded obviously inexperienced, but it was fucking great. And they do have barely teenage voice actresses, so not hire boys? Ah, one can hope.
>>
Oh yeah, Isidro in the new Berserk has a male voice actor.
>>
All shota and trap roles should be given to Murase.
>>
>>140217369
> there are plenty of men in the industry who can do shota and trap voices

Who? Try to assign those VAs to those two then.

For decades, cute boys have been voiced by females and we're used to it you pleb.
>>
>>140218858
One murasefag right on time.
> not liking Yamamoto, too
>>140219010
> For decades, cute boys have been voiced by females
So you wear your grandfather's clothes, too? Including the fedora?
> we're used to it
Somehow, I don't think that, first, you have the authority to speak for the vague "you", and second, I also suspect that you might not precisely be the target audience for either of those shows.
>>
>>140218596
>I gather quite a few people beside me
Who?
Your friends on /r9k/?

Full Metal Alchemist's voice acting was great. There is nothing wrong with women doing boys.
There is something wrong with giving amateurs (child actors) big roles.

>>140219189
>you have the authority to speak for the vague "you"
But you do?
>>
>>140219189
>I also suspect that you might not precisely be the target audience for either of those shows.

The nips don't like it?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.