[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
Is there anything redeemable about this show?

Seems to me Capcom wants to sell more Ace Attorney games.
>>
>>140209227
It's the only franchise they have not sunk for one dumb reason or another. I'd rather they made more games than if it was supposed to end up like Megaman.
>>
>>140209227
To be fair, the game is pretty fucking great.

Played it on an Emulator.
>>
File: hobo.png (96 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
hobo.png
96 KB, 240x240
>>140209227
Have you seen the 2nd episode? It's actually getting better.
>>
>>140209227
We are only 2 episodes in. Second episode was a slight improvement and it even made once scene better than the game, but I can't see it making any major leaps of quality in near future.

So far major draws are: Aoi Yuuki as Maya. Possibly Franziska when we'll get to JFA. I expect influx of lewds.
>>
>>140209227
I love it so far.

Now, where the hell are my Detective Conan episodes? Did it take a break? No releases for past few weeks.
>>
Is there a point watching this if I never played any game of this series?
>>
>>140212417

Yes, it's same history.
>>
>>140212326
>[Ohys-Raws] Detective Conan - 813 (YTV 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
They aired a remastered version of old episode for 1 month.
>>
>>140212417
No, the cool part about the game is that you point out contradictions yourself. While in anime evidence gathering and cross-examination is super fast and I don't think animeonlyfags will be able to digest information taken in properly.

Better not ruin experience for yourself, games are amazing.
>>
>>140209227
>Seems to me Capcom wants to sell more Ace Attorney games.
Uh, yeah? Surely you're not so innocent that you think only the pure desire to entertain people is what funds the production of TV shows?

>>140212417
You might actually enjoy it more if you haven't played the games. It's aimed at a mainstream audience (i.e. it's not a late-night show aimed only at otaku), so it's not being made as fanservice for people who have played the game, and you won't get distracted by things like how they're not using the music from the games or that the typewriter sound effect is wrong and such.
>>
Maya was adorable as fuck in episode 3
>>
>>140212700
>It's aimed at a mainstream audience
>implying

song lyrics with ruby on top of every fucking kanji indicate that this is a show for kid, not "mainstream audience" like noitaminA.
>>
>>140213709
>Scene of Maya massaging her feet
>5 seconds later, close up of her feet while she puts on her sandals

They know. They fucking know.
>>
>>140214739
Of course they know, and the games don't give a chance for her feet to be on display.
>>
File: WLMgp8Gm.png (422 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
WLMgp8Gm.png
422 KB, 1024x576
How's episode 3?
>>
>>140214280
Family shows are considerably more mainstream than noitaminA ever was, even before it lost its focus. Or are you suggesting Disney movies aren't mainstream?
Regardless, it doesn't invalidate my main point.
>>
File: uozGDam.png (321 KB, 481x287) Image search: [Google]
uozGDam.png
321 KB, 481x287
Oh boy, I can't wait for the appearance of Marlon Rimes.
>>
>>140215793
I am not sure we'll be getting T&T, fucking DLC game of fifth game is in another galaxy out of question at this point.
>>
Can you remind me, when Phoenix confronted Redd White didn't he actually hit Phoenix in the face couple of times?
>>
The show seems to be improving albeit it will always have the inherent flaw of rushing trials because of time limitations, which results in the narrative flow being much worse than the games. It's not a good idea to watch it if you haven't played the game first, and if you have played the game it's really just a novelty that you watch to see how they do parts differently

The show makes some of the logic seem even more absurd
>here's this wiretap I found and claim that it came from your hotel room, I'm not providing any proof and it hasn't been authenticated but everyone take my word on it and incarcerate this woman
>>
>>140217092
That's Japanese court for ya
>>
>>140217092
She slipped during the cross-examination and her words were being taken as a fact. She said that she had Mia's office under surveillance and Phoenix merely showed how, she confirmed it herself and further slipped that she was under orders. It's not that illogical considering that April is under Oath and her every word is being recorded.

And she is just a bimbo, so it's not that illogical for her to fail this much.
>>
I think episode 3 was fun, it has several things wright:
- They've captured how Edgeworth corners Wright perfectly.
- Some of the animations look on point while copying sprites (albeit, I think they reused Edgeworth's bow 3 times)
- Phoenix confronting White was absolutely on point.
- Maya's feet

Here's what they got wrong and I am afraid it might go even worse from this point on:
- they threw away great chunk of case 2 (Grossberg being blackmailed is merely implied, not investigated, for example)
- [insert standard criticism of animation, music, pacing and OP]

Verdict: they better use Turnabout Sisters next episode.
>>
>there are people on /a/ right now who have never played the games yet are now watching the adaptation
>>
File: 1385222777773.gif (545 KB, 301x264) Image search: [Google]
1385222777773.gif
545 KB, 301x264
>>140215974
>another galaxy
>>
>>140212263
I dunno about Aoi Yuuki. I know she's talented but her Maya voice sounds too much like Fremy and Kayo. It's somehow distracting.
>>
>a character who dies in the 2nd episode having such a prominent space

it's just a trick, r-right? the delicious christmas keiki was merely pretending to be killed so they could root out the yakuza who ordered a hit carried out on her, and she was testing Phoenix Wright's resolve by risking throwing her own sister to the wolves aka japanese police
>>
>>140218516

don't worry anon, there'll be plenty of boob lady in the rest of the season
>>
File: Athena_Happy.gif (866 KB, 216x240) Image search: [Google]
Athena_Happy.gif
866 KB, 216x240
>>140218188
That was intentional
>>
>>140218516
It is in a way a trick. Game director felt like constantly having 3 people in the office would be too crowded, so he decided to kill Mia to use her sparingly only when channeled by Maya/Pearls

I am willing to speculate that channeling thing was first thought up specifically to sometimes have Mia in the game, the way Fey clan's plot developed later on was an after thought.
>>
>>140216853
Yeah he did, once at least. I was kinda waiting for that part to happen.
>>
>>140209227
>Seems to me Capcom wants to sell more Ace Attorney games.
If you honestly don't think that this is the reason, you're beyond retarded.
>>
>>140218516
>a character who dies in the 2nd episode having such a prominent space

If this bothers you now, just wait until the next season when they cover the 3rd game
>>
>>140219465
>next season
jesus christ, i hope not.
>>
>>140219395
It actually would've been a lot cooler if he hit him after Phoenix accused him for murder and then called Lana to arrest him. It would've underlined how powerful he is. Too bad anime missed great opportunity to improve upon the game, considering that they completely threw away first half of the meeting with White. But the stuff that they actually covered is executed pretty decently.
>>
>>140215974
They have to at least be thinking about it. they're already laying the groundwork for it.
>>
>>140222259

>>140201056

Faggot.
>>
>>140222222

Gets
>>
>>140219465
The absolute worst.
>>
>>140219060
My guess is it's all a design thing. They want Phoenix Wright to be a rookie since you're following his story, and they want you to have a mentor but not after the first case. So they made younger-Mia in Maya and she only helps when necessary for the PLOT
>>
>Is there anything redeemable about this show?
It's been so long since I played the first three games, that it's a nice way to refresh my memory.
>>
>>140226670
It's been so long that I don't even remember if Phoenix was actually arrested in the game
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.