[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the western fanbase more obsessed with powerlevels than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Why is the western fanbase more obsessed with powerlevels than the east?

Think about it. Dragonball pretty much had numerical powerlevels for the sake of proving they don't matter. People take those seriously.

OPM is a literal parody. People still take it seriously.

Fuck, Japan doesn't care about Elder God Demonbane's meta bullshit, because they don't think it matters as a whole, yet the western fanbase loves to wank it.
>>
Because shonenshit is watched by autists and children, both of which are not sufficiently smart to know the irrelevance of powerlevels bullshit.
>>
>>140178331
People like cohesivness and structures.
Power levels gave a way to know who was the shit and not.Also all the transformations,enabled powerlevel changes,and showed progress the character had attained through hard work
>>
>facebook filename
>>
Because it's fun. It's serious but it's interesting since it involves both knowledge and some imagination.
>>
>>140178331
Our autists are worse than theirs. It's that simple.
>>
>>140178331
Superhero culture is my best guess. People in the west got so used to arguing about Superman vs the flash or other xyz vs zyx bullshit that when those same autists got into manga/anime they carried it over with them.
>>
>>140178331
>That Super Saiyan 100
Looks good
>>
I'm an autist so I only gave a shit about powerlevels until I was 7 or something when I played games, it got mundane afterwards. There are other more interesting ways to write the manner and outcomes of fights than to let numerical values and "power-ups" decide.
>>
>>140178331
>had numerical powerlevels for the sake of proving they don't matter
That's not what it was. It was played straight on DB.
>>
Western fans of these battle anime are absolute retarded bottom barrel trash with sub 80 IQs most of the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.