[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1429679951875.jpg (89 KB, 590x459) Image search: [Google]
1429679951875.jpg
89 KB, 590x459
What does /a/ think of this man?
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>140169634
Osamu Tezuka
He made Astro Boy, Kimba the White Lion, Black Jack, and Phoenix.
Google exists you know.
>>
Everyone tried copying him and didn't innovate on their own.
>>
After reading most of his translated works

A fucking furry
>>
>>140169589
Manga and Anime will not exist if not for him.
>>
I wonder what the world had been if he had lived today.
>>
>>140169589
Nice cap
>>
Phoenix is objectively the greatest manga of all time
>>
A hack who ruined the industry.
>>
>>140169634
>>>/trash/
>>
The reason I'm trapped in this hell.
>>
>>140172609
Probably about the same? It's not like he was the defining figure of the 90s or anything.
>>
>>140172655
This ^
>>
>>140169709
That's like saying that Tezuka just copied Floyd Gottfriedson and didn't innovate on his own.
>>
>>140179452
That's an ugly fucking name.
>>
Father of anime, including the deplorable working conditions most animators have
>>
A hack and an egotistic furry with a good work ethic

Still made some good things from time to time though
>>
>>140179558
Which are basically the reason the industry functions.
>>
>>140175632
How can one ruin an industry that doesn't exist yet?
>>
Kamisama
>>
>>140179898
>Implying the current conditions are the only feasible way for the industry to exist
>>
>>140169589

I just keep thinking what if he would become a full time doctor instead of mangaka...
>>
>>140180124
Fucking commie.
>>
>>140169589
Unbelievably important in the formation of the medium, but ultimately a relic of the past. He's not relevant anymore, the industry is leagues different then it was back then, and honestly if he saw what it became he'd probably be disgusted. I still think he's pretty based though.
>>
File: damn chinks got my knees.jpg (578 KB, 712x531) Image search: [Google]
damn chinks got my knees.jpg
578 KB, 712x531
godfather of manga
>>
>>140169589
He may be a furfag but Black jack is amazing.
>>
>>140179898
Ufotable and Kyoani do a decent enough job treating their employees.
>>
I believe his work is impressive. Not that I've really looked much into it at all.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.