[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Johan's motive for killing people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: edgeincarn.gif (274 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
edgeincarn.gif
274 KB, 500x374
What was Johan's motive for killing people?
>>
Same as Hitler.
>>
>>140163812
everyone Johan killed had it coming?
>>
>>140162528
None, he was a monster
>>
>>140162528
Eating. Then, explode.
>>
The more times I read Monster, the more I think that it's nonsense. Enjoyable, but dumb. Overrated shit, even.
>>
Urasawa can't write a villain to save his life.
>>
>>140162528
He just enjoyed being in control of people and their lives. Similar to some surgeons having a god-complex.
>>
>>140164108
This is holding me back from catching up with Billy Bat. It started out so well but I can just tell that it's going to get more and more ludicrous as it goes on.
>>
He projected too hard and thought he had gotten tortured just because he wore the same clothes as his sister.
>>
>>140165790
It's in the last spurt, only one or two "8 chapter arcs" left, meaning 16 at most. Of course there are still a LOT of questions unanswered, which will likely result in "a wizard did it" or "aliens did it"
>>
>>140162528
Wasn't the whole point that he was a complete psychopath? What made him so successful was that he was also incredibly intelligent and charismatic.
>>
>>140162528
He has no motive. The natural stage of his universe is death and emptiness. Killing people for him is the same as putting misplaced books back to the bookselves. You don't really felt joy from it (unless you have OCD) though it may help you work with ease as nothing obstruct your workspace.

His "work" however change as the series progress. He start out experimenting with monetary greed, society breakdown and human nature in overall, probably due to sheer curiosity/boredom. After he read the damn book however he become obsess with finding out about his past. In the final arc he realized that his whole existence was born from his sister's experience, not his own, he lost any desire to exist and decide to end his existence. To do that however mean he must erase everyone and everything connected to him first so after that he can truly return to oblivion.
>>
>>140162528
For the lulz.
>>
>>140168091
>>140168291
These are to two correct and interconnected answers. As a psychopath his motives changed due to sheer curiosity, but after having the breakdown in the library he changed to just offing himself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.