[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /a/. I have an itch to get back into Evangelion. I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
Hey, /a/. I have an itch to get back into Evangelion. I haven't watched anything since the original series, and I know there's been a slew of new media since then.

So, I'd like to know, what's worth watching of the new shows/movies that have been released since the original incarnation?
>>
File: 1345484.jpg (57 KB, 495x600) Image search: [Google]
1345484.jpg
57 KB, 495x600
End of Evangelion compliments the original series.

Evangelion 1.11/2.22/3.33 are a retelling of the story that are pretty fucking shit.

But who cares this is now an Asuka thread
>>
>>140162099
Dag. So another case of failing to catch the lightning in a bottle, eh? That's too bad.

What's all this "You shall (not) pass" stuff I keep hearing about?
>>
>>140161753
Watch EoE and listen to the Rebuild soundtracks
>>
>>140162175
Definitely is. Everything is has much less depth, and the entire experience feels much less intense, even though a lot of the action and story is set up to be.

And the "you shall (not) pass" is just a play on the titles of the films.
>>
>>140162099
Another question: why does Asuka have an eye patch in the new stuff?
>>
Nice recommendation thread.
>>
File: Eva2-22_C1201_12_face_tear.jpg (40 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Eva2-22_C1201_12_face_tear.jpg
40 KB, 720x405
>>140162911
At this time, its unknown. The two theories are I've seen are:

Sequel Theory - google it, it's quicker than me explaining.

Bardiel Infection/Sealing - In Rebuild 2.22 Asuka gets directly attacked by the Angel Bardiel. See the picture for this. The patch glows blue, some folks think it acts as a means of sealing the Angel. Some argue that she was declared contamination free, which is true. But the original scene, which was scrapped, had Asuka suffer a bit of a mental break down. Her face would peel off and it would speak to her in Kaworu's voice. This neglects potential "mental contamination"

Asuka a best. Glory to the best girl
>>
>>140162911

Only if you have seen End of Evangelion you would know.

During the battle of the mass production Eva, Asuka Eva was hit by a Spear of Longinus in the eye, making Asuka eye blind.
>>
>>140162911
This anon >>140163479 is referencing sequel theory.
>>
>>140163479

It's been close to 15 years since I watched EoE. Thanks for the reminder, though, and the explanations.
>>
>>140162099
That's a cute Shiki.
Got any more?
>>
>>140163616
Sorry fampai, I'm at work and all my Asuka shit is on my home PC. If the thread is still up later today, then I'll post my faves.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.