[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it always Okada and Nagai who go for the retarded heel-face
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: the-anthem-2.jpg (87 KB, 694x364) Image search: [Google]
the-anthem-2.jpg
87 KB, 694x364
Why is it always Okada and Nagai who go for the retarded heel-face turn ending? It's stupid and doesn't fit this movie at all.

Someone please lay out clearly what the purpose of switching the pairings at the end is in the film and how it fits with any of the other themes in the movie or the characters' actions and development throughout it, because to me it just don't.
>>
Okada is a hack, she writes unrequited love into all of her stories.
Even Kiznaiver airing this season already has signs of it happening after a single episode.

The only thing I see it adding to this story is with the egg symbolism. She had to break out of her shell and then create a new one after losing the MCbowl. Like growing thicker skin.
Mute girl ended with baseball guy as a consolation prize and that's it. There was no development there.

It's terrible writing.

My biggest complaint. other than the gary stu cheaply developed MC, is the cheerleader girl. She was absolutely empty. There was no personality to her whatsoever and did nothing but take from the story.
>>
>>140157443

You don't ask hows or whys with Okada's scripts. You picked your poison.
>>
>>140157779
The thing is the whole egg thing is just a metaphor that concretely takes up about 10% of the movie while the bulk of the thing you watch has more to do with direct interactions between MCs. So to me, the film is simply betraying what it built itself up to be just because I dunno they feel like they are more deep or making a point by just going the completely opposite way to how a normal romance story (what this is for most of its run) should play out?

Like, the entire objective of films like these is to turn the viewer into a shipperfag, so building that up and then denying you the pay-off they promise by construction is like... okay? Is that supposed to convey something? It doesn't even make sense logically or connect with the theme in the movie itself, and it doesn't make sense psychologically considering the characters as defined by it.
>>
Finds a way.
>>
jun a cute.
>>
>>140157443

It's just stuff she does because she doesn't know how to write anything actually interesting about people or relationships besides the most simplistic VN tier shit that otaku would be able to grasp. I swear I don't think I've ever seen her write a scene of human interaction that doesn't end up being about a) some contrived relationship melodrama or b) People acting in completely over the top psychotically to something that really doesn't warrant it at all. I'm starting to suspect the people that suggest she might be an alien who has never observed actual human interaction before might have some merit.

Really though she's just one of many prolific modern anime staffers that hasn't had anything remotely new to contribute to the medium in years. If anime actual had more people than I could count on two hands digits that were even capable of demonstrating more than the most minute signs of basic competency in whatever their position is that are remotely marketable it'd help a lot but instead the industry just prefers people like Okada who have names otaku will recognize and who don't mind churning out constant similar shit on a seasonal basis like a Light Novelist.
>>
>>140157922

Fuck I feel like I've seen this exact same animation cue I don't know how many times in the last couple years. This is the textbook hysterical crying breakdown scene that's supposed to be emotional and move the viewer to tears.
>>
>>140157877

Isn't that what A-1 Pictures kind of always does with it's originals though. I see it in a lot of Aniplex stuff period where the first half will be about one thing and then the second half or ending will have something that ends up taking it in the complete opposite direction because ???? usually. I don't know maybe they think if they do that people will consider it a deconstruction or fresh take somehow since most anime fans only seem to remember how a show begins or ends anyway. Really I just think it's no more complicated than the industries current people having absolutely no idea what they are doing or how to tell a story anymore.
>>
>>140158106
I think the way these movements have been regurgitated and boiled down to a couple easy to trace convulsions started, or at least solidified in "mainstream" otaku anime, with Toradora. You know that scene in episode 19 where the girl just breaks down and goes to the street and all that shit

I mean it can probably be traced back further but it has become a trend in typical, populist animation to resort back to this mode of expression whenever you need melodrama to happen. It's another symptom of lack of innovation or original thought in modern anime industry.
>>
>>140157443
The movie is dropping hints foreshadowing the ending far before it arrives. If you couldn't notice them you were probably shipping too hard.

Basically the whole message of the movie is that if you take down your shell you will experience getting hurt but it's still worthwhile. In order to make that point, she had to get rejected. It wasn't arbitrarily forced onto the end.
>>
>>140159142
You have to be kidding with saying it was not forced.
MC ends up with his ex after having no chemistry or showing any hints of liking her until he says it. His ex has no development at all and is a total plot device.
There isn't even a hint that she and the MC have history until the jock points it out at the train station, and even then we don't know she likes him until they walk home together much later on.

The whole thing about her not being able to help the MC when they were dating is also terrible writing. She starts dating him before his parents split up which is when he completely changed as a person.
After years of being split up and changing into different people, not that we know anything about her non-existent character, we are supposed to believe that they still like each other despite being as good as strangers?

We're supposed to believe that: they went to the same middle school and were in the same class, ended up going to the same high school and again ended up in the same class, and finally that both got chosen for the class committee which included another person who liked one of them and the main girl who ends up also liking one of them which conveniently sets up a love triangle/square?
>>
Shipper tears are delicious.
>>
>>140157443
They are student of VINCE RUSSO
>>
>>140157815
Some people spend lots of time trying to explain them.

http://www.mezashite.net/the-writing-of-okada-mari/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.