[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best fighting game manga >most of the designs are slightly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: google search.jpg (159 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
google search.jpg
159 KB, 500x599
>best fighting game manga
>most of the designs are slightly off
>several characters have completely different motivations
>author never spoke to the game's fluff writers
>didn't even really like the game
Life is strange.
>>
File: 1340793313_street-fighter-ii-v.png (1 MB, 807x1076) Image search: [Google]
1340793313_street-fighter-ii-v.png
1 MB, 807x1076
>>140145766
Street Fighter II V was another weird one, it was basically a completely different property with the names attached for recognition. You'd think Street Fighter being as big as it was it would have gotten more than one adaptation that was in line with the official stuff.
>>
All of those early 90's fighting game adaptations were like that. I'm assuming that the people who made the manga were trying to attract readers. As for the OVAs, I couldn't tell you. The non-Street Fighter ones were awful, lazy shit. Especially Art of Fighting and Virtua Fighter
>>
>>140145936
>akuma just standing around in every episode

genius
>>
>>140145936
Look at that guy in the background smiling so happily I bet he is nice fellow.
>>
File: latest.jpg (164 KB, 750x560) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
164 KB, 750x560
>>140146398
>Art of Fighting and Virtua Fighter
I have written book reports for books I didn't read that were better than these.
>>
The best Street Fighter adaptation is a fan-made film, amazingly enough.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23731304
>>
The best adaptation is probably the Street Fighter II movie, aside from the bizarre decision to have every character over seven feet tall and built like the younger Toguro.
>>
>>140147064
I liked that one Live Action movie that people hate on quite a lot. It's pretty much perfect.
>>
>>140147154
The fan one or the Van Damme one? I honestly like the latter, and it's sickening that a guy who can barely speak human language was the only person in the whole movie to pronounce Ryu even remotely correctly.
>>
>>140147250
Van Damme.
>>
>>140147263
Let's be friends.
>>
>>140146715
The Shoryuken still looks goofy as fuck though.
>>
>>140145766
Amazingly enough this manga saw a translation brought to Mexico for some unfathomable reason. I barely recognized the characters from the official stuff, and I always wondered what the hell happened. You would think a Capcom representative would have set a basis for the characters.

The Fatal Fury movie was also hilarious. Masami Obari should stick to doing mecha fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8JnzKT27w
>>
>>140147509
They didn't give a fuck. In the back of the English version he outright says he never spoke to anybody after he was given the job, and he never even got any materials to use.
>>
>>140147250
I'm still surprised they actually bothered making another one. It didn't even have the silly costumes.
>>
>>140147793
It had shitty costumes instead. I don't give a fuck how common torn sleeves are in anime, they look fucking stupid in real life.
>>
>>140145936
I liked it anyway, a lot better than that aweful western cartoon of street gighter
though it seemed to have some major budget issues toward the end.
>>
>>140147946
I liked it too, but they were clearly doing their own thing.
>>
>>140147946
Ever saw the american Sailor Moon live actions? Those were a sin against God and Man.
>>
>>140148094
faithful doesn't nessasirly mean better
i mean that street fighter alpha movie was i guess more accurate but, i thought it was bad.
>>
>>140148290
>that street fighter alpha movie was i guess more accurate
Did we watch the same movie? That shit was bonkers.
>>
>>140147064
>over seven feet tall and built like the younger Toguro.
It was pretty bad, but it wasn't quite that bad. They are cartoonishly out of place all the time though.
>>
>>140148236
>black and crippled sailor scouts

Man, I wish I could've seen it.

Though I know /co/ would unironically fap to it and claim it as the superior version.
>>
>>140147509

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXXvIG2I0OQ
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.