[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>beautiful art >great music >10/10 designs >unique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7
File: Kiznaiver.jpg (187 KB, 1012x1304) Image search: [Google]
Kiznaiver.jpg
187 KB, 1012x1304
>beautiful art
>great music
>10/10 designs
>unique premise
>already a massive controversy on /a/ after only one episode
I can feel it, this is going to be anime of the year.
/a/ just can't into different story formats which deviate from the typical jumping right into action from the start and devolving into episodic/monster of the week format
>>
Don't put all your eggs in one basket OP.
>>
It's shit
>>
This seems a lot like Meme city actors which is not a good thing.
>>
>>140122063
>massive controversy
Please OP,even fucking Mayoiga had more threads about this. Also plenty of anime do only exposition the first episode.
>>
>>140122111
>muh exposition
there is nothing wrong with this in a first episode, you just can't into different things. That's why you guys have a distaste for most Trigger or Gainax shows, they tend to deviate in some way, and new things make you uncomfortable
>>
>>140122221
Where do you see the similarity?
>>
>>140122233
If that's so, why do you hate it? Prejudice against trigger? Not enough babies in lingerie?
>>
>>140122063
Too bad all the charcters are some kind of archetype.
>>
>>140122342
that's never been a problem to /a/ in the past.
>>
>>140122310
>hate
I don't. But it's nothing special either.
>>
>>140122063
It is really shitty anime
>>
>>140122254
The main character is dull as fuck
>>
>>140122221
>meme city actors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txlg1R2psD4

The video doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but it's better than another thread arguing about a show with only one episode released so far.
>>
BASED TRIGGER SAVING ANIME YET AGAIN

YOU CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!
>>
Looked good, and the general idea was at least interesting, but the absolute cookie cutter character interactions and introcutions already left a sour taste in my mouth.
This better be intended and to be subverted later or I am dropping this harder than the greek economy
>>
>>140122342
literally the point
>>
>>140122063
That's because f/a/ggots don't like intellectual anime and before their lelsorandumXD garbage like Luluco.
We actually get something GOOD from Japan for once, and you guys shit all over it just because you are too retarded to understand it.

Okada only writes for smart people and it shows.
>>
File: 1322.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1322.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
People using Mari Okada as a tool to shit on it.

It's one episode and no one knows what will happen.

Like it wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing, Needs way more episode before we start discussing the shows potential.
>>
>>140122436
Yet i can feel the distaste in your tone. If you don't hate it, why so quick to put down any possibility of it being good?
>>
>>140122292
>City is part of a experiment
>Characters are all some type of archetype
>the flashbacks for both MCs invovle a girl talking and a destroyed city
>>
Kind of cringed when the MC stated what her panties looked like when he was falling down the stairs.
>>
>>140122342
I figured the point of the archetypes was to explore each character since everyone can share pain, which will hopefully lead to development?
>>
>>140122544
>IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CRAPPY, GUYS!

Okada is really a master.
>>
>>140122469
The writers made fairy girl too eccentric, so they had to make the MC dull to compensate
>>
>>140122618
Get tested.
>>
File: Purple guy.png (88 KB, 154x311) Image search: [Google]
Purple guy.png
88 KB, 154x311
How am I supposed to wait until episode 3 to see best boy?
>>
Just finished watching episode one and I find this to be the WORST anime I have ever laid eyes upon. The art is okay, the sound isn't bad, and the story seems like it could work with decent writers... but the characters are SO terrible.

The characters are cliched, annoying, and absolutely pathetic. The main character is possibly the worst main character I have ever seen, hands down. He's not even the worst character in the show, because everyone else is far worse. We have: the girl-who-likes-MC, the smug asshole, the uptight bitch, the loud and obnoxious-because-he's-so-badass, the girl who acts like she's in a video game and the blue haired cold bitch.

I cannot explain fully how bad the characters are. You just have to see it to believe it. And I recommend you don't.
>>
>>140122749
Where did you copy paste this from?
>>
>>140122481
Mekaku city actors by Shaft.

Speaking of Shaft that first scene with blue and MC reminded me a lot of Crab and Ragi right down to someone falling down stairs to MC panty peeping. I hope that's the last of that.
>>
>>140122584
Truly the Bakemonogatari of our generation.
>>
>>140122749
Holy shit man we still don't know much about most of the characters. You can't just judge a characters entire existence based on a few minutes.
>>
Sure, its annie may and everything.
But seriously, you don't die when you get thrown down stairs because of the pain, but because your organs get crushed.

Still, I will keep watching, they teased the annoying characters way too hard to not plan on developing this.
>>
>>140122749
The sad part about this is, you could be talking about another anime and we wouldn't even know it. That's what happens when you rely on archetypes.

>B-but muh backstories!!
Yeah let's see how original they are
>>
>>140122749
Alright I'm taking the bait

They're supposed to be cliched and archetyped, my very bright fellow cartoon enthusiast.
They even specifically state they're the modern version of the seven deadly sins.

Also, it's just the 1st episode. Believe in based Trigger, saving anime once again.
>>
>>140122925
>he agrees with a pasta post

that's how retarded kiznaiver shitposters are everyone
>>
>>140122749
>muh blog
>muh OPINIONS

here's your (you)
>>
>>140122063
I just want to see the MC get hurt more.
>>
>>140122746
Man, like hell I want to share pain with a guy who probably hurts himself for fun.
>>
Worst:
>mc
>Fairy grill
>in love with mc grill

>Okay
the rest
>>
>>140122929
This
I'm not saying we should give it baseless praise though, but also no baseless hate. I've seen /a/ fawn over many an anime with far less merit.
>>
>All the characters belong to some form of sin archetype

OKADA DOES IT AGAIN! Now she doesn't have to conform to writing anything original.
>>
>>140122618
Since when being an archetype is bad?
>>
>>140122571
That happen in MCA? I only watched anime and it was forgettable clusterfuck and supposedly fucked up adaptation by it's own author.
>>
What does kiznaiver even mean?
>>
>>140123143
Anime was a mistake
>>
>>140122779
According to google it's from review of Mayoiga that was on mal (now deleted)
>>
>>140123239
some funny guy at trigger trying to do wordplays again.
But unlike Kill La Kill completely ununderstandable to non-nips
>>
Trigger is so fucking westaboo it hurts to even read about their shows.
>>
>>140123018
Fairy girl is only pretending
>>
>>140123271
But what does it mean? With which words does it play?
>>
>>140123270
I was right about him describing another anime but it still fitting
>>
>>140123315
joke's on them.tiff

doesnt make it better.
Also, if the only idea behind this is to reveal that she has a tragic backstory and is only pretending to be cheery/retarded to cope with the batman feels of having your parents or w/e murdered I am mailing a bomb to Trigger.
>>
>>140123270
How autistic must a person be to want to review something that is less than 10% complete
>>
>>140123317
Kill yourself
>>140123491
Obviously it's shitposter like many here
>>
I am literally only watching this to see childhood friend get BTFO
>>
>>140122469
>>140122679
I wonder if you guys are the same people who called Bellri from Danmachi generic.

Since the MC here is basically Bellri with brain damage. He's still my favorite MC this season.
>>
>>140123659
i think the jock guy is kinda cool too.
>>
File: Gomorin.png (80 KB, 321x520) Image search: [Google]
Gomorin.png
80 KB, 321x520
This guy is retardation incarnate
>>
>>140124610
Failed Kiznaiver experiments, calling it.
>>
>>140122834
Except the monogatari would at least show us some well drawn panties during a scene like that, here we got all the cons of a stupid panty peeping cliche with none of the benefits.
>>
>>140124719
The scene is there to further demonstrate how detached from reality MC is.

While he's falling down from a row of stairs he doesn't seem to care at all, and his emotionless gaze just happens to catch a glimpse of her panties which the show, demonstrating its denial of blatant fanservice, doesn't show.
>>
>>140122063
>I can feel it, this is going to be anime of the year.
Kabaneri is literally running laps around this show.
>>
>>140125948
>Attack on Trains is running laps around anything at all

Low quality bait.
>>
>>140126020
I haven't visited as single place where Kabaneri isn't getting better reception all around

>/a/ is discussing it more
>Pre-order's are way higher
>More praise literally everywhere

How about you stop being delusional faggot?
>>
>>140122063
Its issue is edgy 2deep writing that tries too hard

Did they outsource this shit to a white American Highschooler?
>>
>>140126589
>It's been one episode
How about you stop being a turbo fucking autist
Much appreciated
>>
>>140122749
For me, this anime is like that no-plot waifubait anons seem to watch every season. Attractive guys getting hurt is my fetish, and you don't get fetish material with guys that often unless you watch fujo (which I don't).
I'm still going to drop it if the plot keeps being shit, but at least I'll leave sexually satisfied.
>>
>>140122063

If you say so....
>>
>>140122342

Must be your first anime or something.
>>
>>140126723
>Its issue is edgy 2deep writing that tries too hard
How is it any of that?
>>
>>140126589
it's been cancelled
>>140122276
>>
>>140126589
Then I guess SAO is a masterpiece.

Thanks for letting us know you're a redditor/mal/other cancer though.

Go discuss Trains on Zombies on your forums and fuck off faggot
>>
>>140123002

He looks like he's the kind of asshole who would cut himself just so the others suffer. Also he probably does drugs.
>>
>>140123271
>>140123375

Kizu - wound
Kizuna - bond
Naive - naive

There is probably more. Kill la Kill had like 10 meanings.
>>
>>140122749

Even if this is a copypasta yeah I knew the characters were going to be absolutely godawful just based on the description of the series alone. It's trying to do that whole thing that's become popular since Light Novels like Monogatari became popular where the cast is just filled completely insufferable and horrible people and at least one character is completely up their ass with just talking about their bullshit the whole episode or even arc. I'm surprised it wasn't a more universally popular first episode since people eat that sort of shit up in the /a/ and MAL type communities.

I'd like to think Trigger is better than this sort of obviously Aniplex pushed for sales sort of trash and Luluco airing in the same season and having a substantially more enjoyable first episode with tons more personality already seems to indicate they might be.
>>
>>140125948

Both are frankly overhyped shit
>>
>>140127296

They really are all fucking over this board this season, like it doesn't feel like /a/s usual shitposting regimen, there's definitely MAL hype kiddies on /a/ for certain shows this season
>>
>>140126589

This show isn't even up for preorder yet you absolute retard. Both shows have been shitposted about as much on /a/ so far and received mixed reviews in a lot of places.
>>
>>140122063
>4 guys
>4 girls
No yaoi baiting, no yuri baiting, no incest, Trigger I'm disappointed.
>>
>>140127592
It's a Trigger show, the shitposting comes from me.

Somehow some retards really get triggered by Trigger, it's like pottery.
>>
>>140127726

There is yuribaiting (pic related). Yaoi baiting is pretty much guaranteed as well, since the show is marketed more towards females.
>>
>>140127889
>Yaoi baiting is pretty much guaranteed as well, since the show is marketed more towards females

But Okada said that girls should watch the show because the female characters become involved with men blossoming with youth.
>>
>>140127889
But reading this >>140128062 it more looks it will be just some past yuri dealing bait where other girl died or moved from the glasses girl who will end with that guy who is interested in her.
>>
>>140128062
Doesn't matter. Once one of them gets fucked in the ass, all of them do.
>>
>>140122877
>but we can say it's gonna be AOTY based on a few minutes

HAHAHA.
>>
>>140123440
She just wants to fuck with people.
>>
>>140123659
But isn't blue the REAL childhood friend? She's obviously the girl in the flashback.
>>
wait for episode 2 you idiots
your perception of childhood friend and fairy girl will change.
>>
>>140127889
That's likely the person she killed, anon.
>>
>>140128461
>both girls childhood friends
>doesn't matter which one gets BTFO, the anon will be satisfied
>>
>>140128529
Well, the thing is that childhood friend romance troupe is literally involving preschoolers, so it's blue instead of Goodie Two Shoes. The "childhood" in childhood friend means infancy. Okada loves childhood friend romance. So Blue is gonna be the real one.
>>
>>140128347

Classic /a
>>
>>140127838

I mean I don't know speaking in all seriousness they can be kind of okay, I just figure this show is entirely wrong for them and something that would have been farmed out to Shaft were they not tied up by Aniplex on other bullshit so whatever reason Trigger took it, probably just since it's an easy way to try to prove that they aren't just a one trick pony by doing the exact opposite kind of series for what their strengths are which is 90's style loud zany off the wall random action comedies. This show is decidedly that post 2009 LN style sort of series that takes itself far too seriously for the sake of the kind of degenerate otaku and fujoshi that's forever feeling sorry for themselves that it's aimed at. And yes I really did get that much off of one episode.
>>
>>140128736
But the direction has been top notch tho? I don't get why PowerPoint Studios would have been better.
>>
How long until Trigger moves to USA? They're obviously westaboos.
>>
>>140129223
Hopefully soon so they can keep on making good anime without having to pander to pathetic otakus.
>>
>>140129287
>>Hopefully soon so they can keep on making good anime without having to pander to pathetic otakus.

Yeah I know what you mean. Trigger needs to stop pandering to fat american weeaboos.
>>
File: 1460231552515.jpg (94 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1460231552515.jpg
94 KB, 960x540
It's a fucking Trigger anime original written by Okada, of course /a/'s gonna hate it
>>
>>140128529
You mean no matter who gets BTFO anon will be pissed.
>>
>>140129379
Why wouldn't I hate a show with bad writing?
>>
>>140129801
IF the writing is actually shit (really impossible to say after episode 1), then go ahead and do so, I'm just saying that most of the criticism on /a/ is coming from people who either automatically shit on Trigger or Okada
>>
>>140129918
Why are you arguing with shitposters? Is this a new meme.
>>
>>140129948
it's Friday night, I'm bored
>>
>>140122063
>anime of the year
>not Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Anon, please.
>>
>>140122063
>muh expositions
>muh world buildings
>muh aots
>muh uniqueness

Kek, keknaiverfags will grasp anything for straws.
>>
>>140129801
What did you expect?

Keknaiverfags are closet Okada worshipers.
>>
>>140130186
I liked Rakugo and it was the best show of last season but it didn't blow me away. There's plenty of room for something really fantastic to come through, and plenty of time left in the year for a show to do so.
>>
I enjoyed it so far.

I think the people that are upset are the same people who started to hate kill la kill because it became popular.
>>
>>140122571
No
No
No
>>
>>140129918
>>IF the writing is actually shit (really impossible to say after episode 1)

Why in hell would I need more than 1 episode to judge the writing?
>>
>>140131048
I mean, you could argue that the writing of the first episode is shit (I would disagree but you can make that argument), but arguing that the whole show will have shit writing based solely on the first is pretty risky, especially because first episodes can be fairly unrepresentative of the show as a whole in a number of cases.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.