[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So just got done watching this. What does /a/ think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 19622.jpg (169 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
19622.jpg
169 KB, 1600x600
So just got done watching this. What does /a/ think of this?
>>
>>140097007
Haven't finished it. What happened?
>>
>>140097007
You would think a show like this would have more action. But it doesn't as everyone is just standing around and talking about what they want to do or something. At least it picks up like mid way through the series.
>>
>>140097007
Just play dot hack games
>>
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
I watched this during a formative time of my youth.
I'm saying I was gay for Bear. The OP did me in.
>>
As slow and sleepy as this show was, I still enjoyed it. I don't know why, but I did.
>>
>>140097289
>>140097458
lmao its just like real rpgs, boring as fuck!
atleast its not cancer art online
>>
>>140097007
Fucking /u/ wins again.
>>
Good soundtrack, but really it needed some more action.
>>
>>140097007
It suffers from one glaring flaw: It's just a prologue to the games. The pacing and the lack of action are subjective things, but the fact that the conflict that set ups doesn't get resolved in the last episode is really annoying. .hack//Roots has the same issue, and I would argue that is even worse at it.
>>
The most interesting and engaging standing still anime ever. I think it's because every end of episode is a bloody cliffhanger. I watched the dub on my second run and >you're all so ignorant.

>>140097935
Based pre-Kalafina Yuki Kajiura senpai.
>>
>>140098035
I really wanna know about the games: Do any of the main characters from Sign make appearances (cameo or otherwise)? Cause an OVA for Sign seems to have them all together after the events of the games, idk if it was canon or not though.
>>
>>140097007
Haven't watched this show in over 10 years, but I still remember it fondly.
An a cute. A CUTE.
>>
>>140097007
Not really a fan of the anime, but the games are great. Even the plot blows the anime out of the water, which is a bit sad when the only thing an anime has to focus on is story.
>>
>>140098035
Well, I mean it kinda put a cap on the whole Tsukasa junk that the show spent a great deal on. But yeah, it kinda just ends with some things up in the air that the games I guess fill the gap in.
>>
File: Screenshot-7_28_20103_30_45AM.jpg (41 KB, 806x632) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-7_28_20103_30_45AM.jpg
41 KB, 806x632
>>140098108
A lot of them appear in .hack//IMOQ. Once you beat the story, Bear and Mimiru (and I think one or two others) are regular NPC's that wander around town you can trade with. You get Tsukasa, Subaru, and Sora in your party post-game but they're only A.I's as the real ones don't want to play the game anymore. and in .hack//G.U, you play as Haseo, who is an older Sora.
>>
>>140097007
It's okay, it's slow and dialogue heavy in the beginning like many will say but it really does start to pick up mid way through especially once the ring gets more control and full out starts killing players.

Very quite anime to my memory, other then some songs i dont recall much noise in the background which always made scenes feel unnerving, especially ones where the MC is in the room with the girl on the bed.
>>
I really wanna know why Subaru wanted that Tsukasa dick (or I guess vag, so she went gay for her) after only talking to him once in a dungeon. Like wut?
>>
>>140098794
Purest form of love doesn't need a reason.

It finds a way.
>>
File: 56195565_p0.png (731 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
56195565_p0.png
731 KB, 744x1052
>>140098283
Crim is the other one who starts hauling butt around the root towns, though only after you finish the quest which involves him.
>>
Reminder that Bear is a huge cuck and BT is an e-whore who pleases old men for information.
>>
>>140097007
It's alright. I liked it a lot the first time I watched it but not as much the second time. Was kind of disappointed the protagonist wasn't actually a male.
>>
>>140097289
>You would think a show like this would have more action
Not if you played the games. The whole series is a drama with just small bursts of action.
>>
>>140097656
Casual confirmed

MMOs typically get very interesting when you step out of the "I gotta kill all these things infront of me to reach level 8" stage and go more for "I gotta kill all these things infront of me to get mad shekels."
>>
>>140097007
Slow but great
>>
>>140098240
Yes, the Tsukasa's plot was resolved but Morgana was still fucking around in The World, which was the conflict they were setting up. Skeith appearing and then skipping to Tsukasa and Subaru's off-line meeting was a really low blow.
>>
>>140099798
Technically SIGN lead in to ZERO which lead in to Infection/Liminality. That's a lower blow if you ask me.
>>
Really atmospheric, quiet talks, pretty designs, killer music. I remember thinking this was the deepest shit when I was like 8 watching it on Toonami. Rewatched it like a year ago and it's a fucking shame how hard they dropped the ball on some of the most important episodes (episode 15 in particular but the OVA as well which was just fucking weird)

It's also super slow paced and it's plot is not deep enough to justify that pace either. It can sorta make up for it just by having enjoyable characters but even then Tsukasa is such a little faggot the show can be uncomfortable and grating to watch at times. Still, if you want to precursor to the whole "trapped in an MMO" genre there is none better, and I'd honestly say it's worth a watch because it's actually pretty different from a genre and trope that has started becoming the definition of generic in anime.

Also good source of smugs if you collect that sort of thing
>>
>>140100127
We can agree then that .hack is Blue Balls: The Anime.
>>
I wasn't surprised Tsukasa was a girl, I mean you see her in a skirt in the first episode
>>
>>140100214
.hack//Roots at least laid out important world building leading into G.U.

SIGN was just largely its own thing for better or worse.
>>
>>140100774
That's why I think is a worse offender.

SIGN resolved its main plot, Tsukasa's plight, and left some subplots for the game implied.

Roots, on the other hand, just stops and its "ending" doesn't really feel like one.
>>
Is this the originator of the "trapped in an MMO" genre? Are there any "trapped in an MMO" series that are good?
>>
>>140097007
SKKEEEITH!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN987vxtiuQ
>>
>mfw I'm the only one that enjoyed Roots
Fanbase seems to hate Roots with a fiery hot passion. Even though I haven't gotten around to finishing it, I also enjoyed twilight bracelet from what little I've seen.
>>
>>140099202
>Bear is a huge cuck
What?
>>
>>140097289
>You would think a show like this would have more action.
When the anime came out, Japan didn't have much of an MMO community. Most of the anime studio staff had never played an MMO, and it showed.

By the time we reach the end of the franchise, the later anime series were much more accurate portrayals of MMO environments.
>>
File: .hack.jpg (52 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
.hack.jpg
52 KB, 650x430
>>140101130
Don't forget the other OVA that came with each game disk

"I don't think you can be friends with someone inside an MMO"
>>
>>140101235
The only one that I actually hate is Twilight Bracelet. I hated Shougo and her sister guts.
>>
File: shugo.jpg (91 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
shugo.jpg
91 KB, 960x544
>>140101494
>I hated Shougo and her sister guts.
Read the manga not the shit rushed anime which completely seperated from the manga plot after like four episodes.
>>
>>140101371
Yup. An old interview once stated how the original games were semi-styled after PSO. That was an MMO to Japan back in 2000/2001.
>>
>>140100214
How?
>>
I tried watching the first few episodes on Cartoon Network back in the day and was so bored I dropped it, then I just happened to tune into the episode where Subaru loses everything and was floored to the point of downloading, marathoning, and loving every minute of it the next day.
Never really liked the rest of the .hack stuff though, it felt like I'd rather just see Tsukasa, Mimiru, and Subaru spending time together in the real world than watch how the game unfolds from there.
>>
>>140102828
Not even Kite's soccer adventures?
>>
File: Mai.png (83 KB, 292x239) Image search: [Google]
Mai.png
83 KB, 292x239
>>140101460
I want to protect Mai Minase's eyebrows!
>>
For me, it was a perfect simulation of MMO gameplay. Everybody just chat 90% of the time, maybe go to dungeon once or twice a week. Crazy roleplayers and underage tryhards abound.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.