[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It wasn't "bad" per se but it also wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: Kiznaiver - 01 - Large 27.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kiznaiver - 01 - Large 27.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
It wasn't "bad" per se but it also wasn't that great either. Nothing in the first episode also indicated that it would get leaps and bounds better.

Kabaneri as of now, is by far the best original this season. In every aspect.
>>
>>140076527
>It wasn't "bad" per se
If "this" isn't bad, then nothing is.
>>
>>140076527
>Kabaneri
It has better shading, that's about it.
>>
>>140076527
It's just forced Trigger hype.
>>
>>140076686
>It has better shading, that's about it.

That scene where she decapitated that monster had better animation than this entire episode. Also, the art is better.

Besides that, I have complete faith in Kabaneri to actually stay entertaining all the way through.
>>
I think it's an interesting idea, plus I was a big fan of Kill-la-Kill so I'm going to give this more time to develop. It reminds me a lot of Kokoro Connect, so if it becomes anything like that it may end up being pretty good. If nothing else Trigger art is pretty gorgeous so there's that at least.
>>
>>140076686
And better animation.
And better pacing.
>>
>>140077032
When you have people use the word "interesting" to describe exposition then you know it's no good.

>It reminds me a lot of Kokoro Connect
Yep, no good.
>>
>>140076826
It will certainly be a glorious trainwreck.
>>
>>140077142
I will admit the exposition dragged on for way too long, but all I'm saying is it could get better.

Huh, I actually liked KC. Sorry to get off topic, but what's no good about it?
>>
>>140077344
>all I'm saying is it could get better
It can hardly get worse but then again, it can always get worse.
>>
I honestly agree I really though kabaneri would be seraph 2.0, but it honestly impressed me with the amazing art animation, detailed steam punk setting, detailed class/faction system, amazing characters (Mumei and Ilona especially ikoma)

But it could totally fail with the plot but for now it easily had the best first episode of spring 2016.

No competition.
>>
>>140077344
Well, it's already better than the autoerotic asphyxiation anime.
>>
>>140076527
>baiting for fanbase wars
>>
Kiznaiver first episode was honestly pretty cringe worthy
>>
I only had to get 2 minutes in before I could officially declare kizunaibaa the best anime--make sure you use the Japanese pronunciation--of 2016. I'm so happy trigger finally bucked up and made something that wasn't shit.
>>
>>140077729
This
>>
>>140077344
KC is gay weepy bullshit
>>
>>140077729
It's Okada in full charge of the writing.
>>
File: 1327964661374.png (228 KB, 392x384) Image search: [Google]
1327964661374.png
228 KB, 392x384
>>140079901
Fucking WHY Trigger?

Why did you do this?
>>
>>140080185
After KlK it became obvious that they don't care about the writing.
>>
>>140076527
Kiznaiver is a bit adolescent for my tastes but the animation is stylish as fuck. Really shows off what Trigger can do when they're being serious. Though of course we saw that in LWA, but that was just an OVA. And it didn't go for any fancy tricks, really, just consistent quality. This has cinematography which calls back to Akira, a trippy scene like a lighter version of the nightmares in Madoka, and character designs that remind me of Persona. I recognize, but somehow can't place, the strong use of color to set scene, and the clear bright look in the scenes that don't have that effect. It does a good job of taking aesthetic pieces that are already developed and blinding them together in a show where none of it feels derivative. Judging only from the first episode, it's an aesthetic masterpiece. The story hasn't impressed me yet, but at least I'm curious, and the sound design didn't stand out.

It does have a case of the MC falling and seeing up a girl's skirt that I think even an SJW would acknowledge is an excellent artistic contribution to the show and not in the least gratuitous.

Kabaneri has pretty shading and the story does a bit more to catch the interest, but cinematography is mostly along the lines of "lots of money went into this" not "this is artistically well designed" and aside from the art, it's pretty generic in every regard. Except the setting, the Meiji period isn't super common and it's nice when we get it, but mixing in zombies and steampunk doesn't really improve it, in my opinion.
>>
>>140080382
Yeah, they care about animation. But at least all the bullshit plot developments in KlK proved to be interesting to watch animation-wise.

Okada's fucking tiring melodrama can only bog them down. And it shows from the very first episode. Contrast this with KlK's strong start and see what I mean.
>>
>>140080517
>But at least all the bullshit plot developments in KlK proved to be interesting to watch animation-wise
Had you watched the promo you'd know that they put their misguided priorities in all the wrong places.
>>
It's Mari Okada, so I'm fulling expect a giant trainwreck of melodrama, without the fun we'll get from Mayoiga's cast getting violently butchered
>>
ok /a/ seriously tell me whats so bad about Kiznaiver? cause i loved the first episode
>>
>>140080644
No I didn't watch the promo.

>priorities in wrong places

In Kiznaiver? We established that haven't we?
>>
>>140080682
People went in expecting another fun Trigger romp, and got Okada and her dumb melodramatic pretentiousness.

At least the environs look nice, as >>140080438
said. Pity about the animation though.
>>
File: 1397257825295.gif (558 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
1397257825295.gif
558 KB, 300x284
Kabaneri is a hilarious train wreck, I know people hate that term but it is.

It's gonna be so stupid but hilarious to follow.

Kiznaiver on the other hand I agree with it wasn't bad but nothing stood out, It's promising though.
>>
>Kabaneri
It's, what, steampunk zombies?
How is that better than edgy Kokoro Connect?
>>
>>140080858
>a train wrecked in episode one
>the whole show is now a train wreck

>nothing stood out
The visual direction did.
>>
>>140076527
>It wasn't "bad" per se but it also wasn't that great either

Its bad, just admit it.

And stop forcing your opinions that this shit is good.
>>
>>140080771
i dunno i think people are selling Kiznaiver short too early. we arnt even 2 episodes in and we cant really get anything out of the 1st episode cause it spent the whole time setting up the premise and characters. we have no idea where its going to go
>>
>>140081084
It's because trigger fans have ADD and can't stand going 5 seconds with out epic whacky hyjinkzzzz, and the other people are sick of hearing about trigger saving anime.
>>
>>140080681
Well, she makes good romances, at least.
Since the main character doesn't seem to be a turbobeta, there might actually be some substance.
>>
>>140080858
This one episode doesn't define Kabaneri as a trainwreck in any way whatsoever.

>Kiznaiver
>promising
>not bad
So you really have no idea what a trainwreck is.
>>
>>140076527
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>140081424
>train literally wrecks
>somehow not a trainwreck
>>
>>140081197
I mean, KLK had somebody dramatically killed by the student council in the first few minutes.
>>
>>140081494
jej
>>
>>140080858
stop laying to yourself, attack on trains was the best thing to air this season, sure it could go to shit but as of now it's great.

And of course you will watch it every single week.
>>
Why did they fall asleep in a karaoke box?
>>
>another Kiznaiver thread grasping for straws
>>
>>140081593
This
>>
>Kabaneri
>original
Nice joke, OP.
>>
>>140081084
Well all I know is that out of my favourite anime every one of them started off extremely strong.

While I'm interested in the series, Okada being the lead writer puts a dampener on my expectations.
>>
>>140076826
And already three times as many plotholes as both seasons of Code Geass and Madoka combined.
>>
>>140082011
didnt she make Fractale and Black Rock Shooter? i liked those enough
>>
>>140076826
>Also, the art is better.
The females look like fucking plastic dolls.
>>
>>140081513
My point exactly. Trigger fans want KLK 2, trigger detractors just want to shit on every thing they make.
>>
>>140082011
Even if it gets good it will end shit
Okada doomed it
>>
Kiznaiver was far better directed, it was the technical standout of the season according to experts and animators.
>>
>>140082318
Yeah, but you can only polish a turd so far.
>>
>>140082367
You're talking as if Kabaneri wasn't more of a polished turd.
>>
Is it just me or are the characters the same as in Rokka no Yuusha?
>>
>>140082318
>Kiznaiver was far better directed, it was the technical standout of the season according to experts and animators.

You can't just make this shit up.
>>
File: Kiznaiver improved.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kiznaiver improved.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>140082486
You can't really deny that the direction was great.
>>
File: 1348104623471.jpg (102 KB, 756x772) Image search: [Google]
1348104623471.jpg
102 KB, 756x772
>>140082419
It's just you.
>>
Why is Okada hated so much around here?

Anohana was extremely cringeworthy but since then nothing has been so offensively bad as to make me hate her. She's even been a part of some really good anime since then.

Pic related.
>>
>>140083314
It's literally just memes.
>>
this show is shit.
>>
>>140082085
Unrealistic science and human negligence =/= plot holes
>>
Kiznaiver was the only Spring show (first episode actually) to let my imagination work, the only one that makes me wonder which direction will it take or what will they do with the premise
Of course the chances that the series will let me down are pretty high, but I'm ok with it
>>
>>140084180
Plot holes == plot holes

also why don't you use != instead?
Looks better, anon.
>>
>>140076527
Communist shit.
>>
I'm just so irritated by this show

Kill La Kill was like your friend who makes stupid jokes with you, sometimes he tries a little too hard but he's there to amuse you

This show feels like your insufferable hipster friend who talks like he's more intelligent than he actually

Like, take white haired cunt. God is her archetype annoying. She exists for condescension and hamfisted exposition

And I already know Ponytail is going to be cucked, god I fucking hate her

I don't like a single character in this show and I don't care that it turns out pain is what makes us human:^)
>>
>>140085467
>And I already know Ponytail is going to be cucked, god I fucking hate her
Blue hair is great
>>
>>140085548
Oh please, Blue Hair is terrible. She's in charge of a retard plot device, which by function makes her the master retard
>>
>>140085687
>She's in charge of a retard plot device, which by function makes her the master retard
The word you're looking for might be 'the writer'. The writer is the master retard.
>>
>>140085687
No, she's great.
>>
>>140082318
>Kiznaiver was far better directed
In no way whatsoever.
>>
Why are you autists trying to force this rivalry?
>>
>>140085467
As soon as you heard that Okada was writing it, you should've given up all hope of its writing being good. The only reason to be hyped for this show was the fact that Kobayashi is directing it. And so far, it's pulled through on that. The first episode LOOKS fucking great.
>>
>>140082085
>three times as many plotholes
>everything must be explained in the first episode: the post
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.