[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were there so many asspulls in this show? did yugi ever actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: yami_yugi.jpg (15 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
yami_yugi.jpg
15 KB, 300x224
Why were there so many asspulls in this show? did yugi ever actually lose?
>>
File: 5.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
>>140072628
It's kinda like Saki, anon, he needs those asspulls though admittedly I never watched enough of it to know if he ever loses or not
>>
>>140072628
Yes,he lost again Pegasus the first time.
>>
>>140072628
Yugi lost to Yugi
>>
Yugi lose to Kaiba once, IRC.
>>
>>140072628
I remember he lost a few times. He lost the first duel against Pegasus, he lost the second duel against Kaiba, he lost that one duel against the guy with the Guardian deck in the Orichalcos arc, and probably a couple other times too.
>>
File: yugs.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
yugs.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
I can't even watch the original non-dubbed version, I've grown with the dub.
>>
Isn't Yugi's Millennium Puzzle literally the power to win every game unless he doesn't want to?
>>
>>140073594
>>140073608
I can't remember the anime for shit but against Kaiba, didn't he just give up because the retard threatened to jump off the castle?
>>
On several occasions, yeah.

Yugi lost to some random dude in a chinese ying yang something card game and got his soul taken for a short while until Atem wreck the dude.

Atem lost to Pegasus because his VHS tape can only record like 10 kB and ran out of time.

>>140073864
Atem lost again to Kaiba because he threatened to commit sudoku because his dragon got fused with fucking Skull Mammoth.

Atem kinda lost to Tenma Yakkou in Yu-Gi-Oh R since Sliver got fucked by Avatar.

Finally, Atem lost to Yugi.
>>
>>140073864
Yes.
The funny thing is that Pharaoh didn't give a single fuck and wanted to win the duel by killing Kaiba,it was Yugi that stopped him to.
>>
>>140072628
Because DM is just a normal shounen anime with the fights replaced with cards.

He lost twice in the manga, three times in the anime.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-01-04-09h04m12s235.png (405 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-01-04-09h04m12s235.png
405 KB, 640x480
>>140073864
Any sane people would jump off building when your opponent is allowed to pull shit like this.
>>
>tea's outfit during the final season in egypt

10 year old me has never recovered
>>
>>140072628
>Why were there so many asspulls in this show?
Who else ironically enjoys YGH here?
>>
>>140074089
>Tea
>not Mana
>>
>>140074105
>"ironically" enjoying anything
Kill yourself
>>
>>140073984
His bullshits in the Duelist Kingdom include, but not limited to:
>Attacking the moon so that the tides went low and beaching the fishes.
>Catapulting Gaia to destroy flotation ring so it falls on its fellow monsters that are trapped in a magic barrier.
>Fusing BEUD with Skull Mammoth.
>Blocking Thousand Eyes Restrict with infinite Kuribohs.
>Said Kuribohs EXPLODING like goddamn C4 for no fucking reason, reducing Thousand Eyes Restrict back to normal Restrict.

I swear to god the Millennium Puzzle's power is to make whatever bullshit you think of work.
>>
>>140074219
I don't see any problem here.
>>
>>140074219
Konami should add those things into the real life game too.
>>
>>140074219
Stay mad Weevil
>>
File: latest.png (444 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
444 KB, 400x585
>>140074398
>>
>>140074464
Summoning Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth is a monumental achievement of the highest order and should be considered a winning condition just like Exodia.
>>
>>140074219
To be fair those things happen before the rules of the game was well established. Doesn't make them any less stupid though, considering it doesn't translate well into a card game.
>>
>>140074219
I actually liked these parts more then the actual technical game stuff, since the later were resolved purely around luck...at least early into the series
But in Duelist Kingdom it was more about what's on the battlefield, instead of what the rules or cards said.
>>
>>140073864
Well yeah, but to be fair. Yugi would've lost to the kaiba impersonator in the duelist kingdom, if kaiba didn't hack the system
>>
>>140074219
He's not bullshitting. The rules of the game are just way more flexible in the shows universe. I personally wish the actual game was more like this because it would add way more depth to the gameplay.

In real life yugioh all we have are decks with mathematical cold logic card engines trying to consistently spew out the same win conditions every time in 2 turns or less and most of the cards are virtually unplayable.

I would gladly take bullshit like that over dealing with or playing against a brain dead kozmo deck
>>
>>140074751
Have you considered getting into role playing games?
>>
>>140074695
Well it's down to whatever you prefer really.

You can either prefer seeing Flame Swordsman lose to Minotaur since being a fire element means you suck complete and utter shit at beating earth element for some reason or seeing Yugi almost get fucked since the magician Ghouls dude actually topdecked his cards.

>>140074751
That's pretty universal to any card game or even tabletop games in general (save for certain exceptions like Paranoia, which depend on you NOT knowing the rules) though, any meta would be based on the best performing deck on a competitive scene.

Playing competitive means you'd normally have to play either a self-tuned meta deck or counters to them, and they tend to not be really as creative as, say, fucking around with Blast Fuse with Senet Switch.
>>
>>140073464

New chapter with translations and new commercial with new movie scenes.
>>
>>140074219
Duelist Kingdom Yugioh was literally D&D:japanese Version. They had terrain, spaces to move in,explicit monster weaknesses,etc. You could do basically anything your imagination could come out with.
Also the kuribohs didn't explode, they were just too many and relinquished couldn't contain them all,so it exploded.
>>
>>140075148
I'm looking forward to this, since Arc-V's animation has been ass for quite some time and I need my fix.

>>140075222
Wasn't it because Kuriboh can actually explode when in contact with something? I mean, I somewhat remember it being the explanation two or something pages after Pegasus was confused why Yugi would put weak shit like that in his deck.
>>
>>140074751
Think about how a card game works man. You draw cards from a deck with fixed content at a fixed rate. That's probability right there.

Even without even looking at what the cards do math is built right into the game. Since there rules to how many cards you can use at once the strategic concept of tempo also exists (which is also based on math). Since the number of cards is finite and player with no cards cannot take actions the concept of card advantage also exists (again more math). The outcome of a monster battle is decided by numbers and since some monsters/mechaics are easier to get out than others the concept of efficiency must also exist.
>>
>>140074751
It could work,just not as a competitive game.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.