[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great story with good twists and world building >great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 525f0bd5.jpg (187 KB, 1133x801) Image search: [Google]
525f0bd5.jpg
187 KB, 1133x801
>great story with good twists and world building
>great characters
>great songs

>ruin everything with its artstyle

Why?
>>
File: Mh.png (603 KB, 1225x689) Image search: [Google]
Mh.png
603 KB, 1225x689
artstyle was sick
do you even put value on visual direction anon ?
>>
>>140064126
What? The artstyle was pleasant bordering on generic. I have no idea why it would even stand out to someone let alone ruin it for them.

The only real flaw was the characters, they weren't great. They were bland and undeveloped, and mostly served to move the plot along.
>>
The artstyle was fine though. Maybe a bit off putting at first and kinda clunky at times but definitely not bad. Rather refreshing.
>>
>>140064126
>great story with good twists
Which are handled awfully due to characters acting like everything is normal after finding out about them.
>and world building
Sorta. It's told through instant expositions all in 1 go but it doesn't really have an effect on the main story. It's almost like side material.
>great characters
Haha.
>great songs
Agreed.

All in all the whole thing is about a 6/10, with its biggest flaw being its pacing.
>>
>>140064126
>forced sjw gay pandering
I dropped it at the boob touching.
>>
>>140064126
>>ruin everything with its artstyle

It only ruined things by introducing the homosex all of a suddenly.
>>
>>140064126
>great characters
>>
>>140066112
>sjw
>associating themes on internet memes
So pitiful.
>>
>>140068188
Whom are you quoting?
>>
>great characters
HAH
>>
>>140066112
You have forgotten that they don't have landwhales in Japan anon.
>>
>>140068286
They do. That's what fujoshits look like.
>>
>>140064126
What do you mean? You didn't like the character designs? Background art? Color design?

What are some works that had amazing and some that had a good artstyle to you?
>>
>>140064249
So how will you fix the pacing? I'm curious which parts you want to cut off to make the pacing 'better'?

>characters acting like everything is normal after finding out about them
I thought Saki was horrified when she knows the truth about queerats? And the fact that she knows it at the last episode is a huge turning point for her because it changes everything she believes in, like her perspectives on war, social class and mankind's culture.
>>
The art is apt to the plot or the settings imo (don't forget this is an adaptation for the manga) which actually fits. IDK what you're looking for. Different designs? Class S visuals every episode? Not gonna happen.
>>
Other than that one QUALITY episode, art style was perfectly fine.

>>140066112
>>140066303

I never understood people's problems with this. It was actually a really interesting idea of control in a dystopia.

I guess I always thought people getting genuinely triggered by a little BL was a meme.
>>
>>140068276
They were appalling
>>
I liked the cats and stuff and the blonde guy and the girl when they were kids. But then the blonde guy became gay and lost his character. The red head bitch and the pussy guy were boring as fuck.

The queer rats were cool, especially that one who sacrificed himself at the end, he always had me guessing about his motives right to the end.

That dude with four eyes was pretty badass, he should of been able to show off some over the top abilities but he just kinda got fucked up.
>>
the most overrated show
>>
>>140072523
2 deep 4 you newfag
I bet you didn't get 30% of it
>>
>>140064126

The art was the only thing this show had going for it. Plot and characters were shit.
>>
>>140072471
>>140072610
I wish people would just explain why they think this way instead of saying shit all the time.
>>
>>140073438
Are you asking pleb to explain what they don't like in a masterpiece anime?
>>
>>140064126
artstyle was fine, it's the character design that needed more work or detail
>>
>>140064126
The fuck's wrong with the style? It had a solid blend of designs pleasant enough to look at and a color direction that made the horror work.
>>
>>140072402
>>I guess I always thought people getting genuinely triggered by a little BL was a meme.

I'm not gay, I don't like homosex stuff in my animated mangos. But maybe you are and you like it so whatever.
>>
>>140074021
Perhaps it's true that you're not gay, but you're clearly a dumbass.
>>
>>140074021

So did you also protest about the queer rat's slavery because you aren't into slavery and don't like in in your anime?

It's not like it was just there for fanservice (though like pretty much any romantic angle in anime, there's some there), it had actual purpose in the world building.

It's one thing to be homophobic and have a distaste for queer media, and an entirely different thing to drop a show because of a logical thought process of a fictional community controlling young kid's libidos without putting them at risk of extra stress and responsibilities form pregnancy, etc.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.