[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Asuka and Rei the most iconic and wildly recognized sex symbols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: .jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Are Asuka and Rei the most iconic and wildly recognized sex symbols throughout all of Anime?

Does anyone else come close?
>>
>>140059965
Lol that is a good one
>>
>>140059965
Yoko and Miku are sex symbols.

Asuka and Rei are just well known characters.
>>
>>140060041
>Vocaloids are anime
>Eva is TOO DEEP to have sexualized characters

>>>/jp/
>>
File: 1458695877925.jpg (89 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458695877925.jpg
89 KB, 1024x768
>Manface
>Sex symbol

Sure thing, bro.
>>
>>140059965
If I had to guess I would say, Sailor Moon is the most iconic and wildly recognized sex symbols.
>>
File: dirtypair.jpg (44 KB, 400x667) Image search: [Google]
dirtypair.jpg
44 KB, 400x667
>>140059965
>>140060041
>>140060132
These two are more likely to be sex symbols instead of those wannabe sluts.
>>
>>140060132
This. Sailor Moon proved that you could sell the pretty soldiers trope to a male audience. Until then the whole magical girl thing had been mainly aimed at selling cosmetics to young girls. The transformation scenes changed that, putting emphasis on the girls figures being briefly and tantalizingly displayed.

Rei and Asuka may have been the mold for the current generation of submissive fuckdoll/violent tsundere clones but Sailor Moon fucking minted the magical girl genre which has proven to be a hundred times more profitable than girls in skin-tight uniforms.
>>
Well, if you're talking about sheer popularity for a character appearing in an animated series there's this certain digital fox...
>>
>>140060014
>Lol
Fuck off.
>>
evangelion was one of the first animes i ever watch and there was the sex scenes i think he meant about the scene when shiji masturbate near asuka .
>>
File: yamato nadeshiko.jpg (11 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
yamato nadeshiko.jpg
11 KB, 290x290
>>140059965
Literally Yamato Nadeshiko.
>>
Rei was without doubt the first 2d sex symbol. And this is not an opinion of mine, it's was on the newspaper 15yrs ago. She drained males balls like nobody before and after, because it's all About who did it first, and she was there, for us.
>>
File: H&M.jpg (99 KB, 896x747) Image search: [Google]
H&M.jpg
99 KB, 896x747
>>140060132
>>
File: Wut.png (75 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
Wut.png
75 KB, 350x200
Sex symbols? Are you a fucking retard? They're just well known characters if there are a symbol for anything then for the tsundere and yandere archtype.
Yeah there a lot of doujinshis and sexualizing pics of them like of any other popular anime character. Doesn't make them a sex symbol.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.