[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about watching One Piece. I really want to watch a light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: One_Piece_Anime_Logo.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
One_Piece_Anime_Logo.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Thinking about watching One Piece. I really want to watch a light hearted adventure anime but I'm afraid its going to go HxH on me and give me feels.
>>
Read it, don't watch it, and it definitely isn't misleading in the way HxH is. It looks as lighthearted as it is most of the time.
>>
>>140020054
Wasn't the anime fine until the New World? I think he could still switch then after the....~600 episode?
>>
>>140020327
I suppose, but a series of that length is just better read. It has no disadvantages in quality unless you're the ADHD type who needs movement and sound, and if you set out to watch hundreds of episodes there's a good chance you'll get fatigued with it.

I read the manga and just watched my favourite parts later on.
>>
File: 1050169.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1050169.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>140020327
If you want to go ahead and watch, the early anime isn't bad, but start reading after episode 405. The drag goes into a steep downward spiral from that point on and you won't regret changing format.

Also yes, it's overall tone is lighthearted or exciting, but do expect to get sucker-punched in the feels at fairly regular intervals. It's just more of a short sharp punch than long-running existentialism.
>>
It will give you feels too, but HxH is a lot darker compared to One Piece
>>
>>140019985
Holy shit don't do it, use your time to watch other shows and catch up on your backlog.
Just stick to the manga
>>
The early One Piece anime (Beginning to early 400's, minus most of the filler which you can look up in advance) is classic, the sheer ignorance of people dismissing it in it's entirety is laughable and this kind of ignorance, especially when it comes to "shonenshit" and other mislabelled genres, is common.

As a whole, it's one of the definitive adventure series in manga and anime. It's imaginative and full of whimsical and light hearted adventures in a massive world. It can be emotional, and some of it can be quite melodramatic as you'd expect, but you can determine how that plays out for yourself. I personally think it works well enough and the chemistry and likeability of the main cast has together plays a large role in that.

It's just exhausting to see it slammed on /a/ with ignorance and generalizations. Many simply can't see the appeal of something so simple that can play with it's logic for the simple fun of the story. They miss the point entirely of a series like this. People unironically will tear it apart and nitpick the story elements to death while following whatever simplistic, forgettable seasonal shows and flavour of the month manga series with mediocre to terrible writing.

tl;dr if you have a love of adventure and an open mind you will find a lot to love in this series
>>
>>140019985
Started like a cute adventure and then became a fighting and power levels story.

Like every shonen manga post-DB
>>
>>140020327
>>140021555
Watch it until New World like the other anon said, this includes fillers as they're generally really good
>>
>>140019985
>one piece of shit
>feels
choose one
it's only gonna give you cringe
>>
File: 15.png (450 KB, 792x1150) Image search: [Google]
15.png
450 KB, 792x1150
>>140021592
One Piece got quite a bit dark lately though.
>>
>>140022667
Read before you type he said he doesn't want any feels, he just wants lighthearted adventures.
>>
>>140019985
It'll make you cry a lot, but it's not as crazy as HxH with the plot twists. You'll be fine.
Just drop it right around the time skip. The anime adaptation started going shit at the arc before that, but the TS is the perfect time to drop it. After that switch to the manga.
>>
>>140019985

The anime is fine till episode ~200. That's when the anime got way too close to the manga and it shits the bed with terrible pacing and awful QUALITY, which only keeps getting worse to this day.

Also most of the filler episodes are shit.

It's probably somewhat tolerable to marathon the whole thing regardless of the quality drop, but watching if weekly will kill your average person. I'd recommend switching to manga after ep ~200, but at least stop watching when you catch up with it.

If you liked HxH, I'd say you'll probably enjoy OP too. They both have a slow start but suddenly become awesome when the introductory phase is over.
>>
>>140019985
https://boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/MS8hMmkvUVBwLWg1sk6Yjg/

/a/ isn't your blog, you samefagging piece of shit OP who keeps spamming the same One Piece blogshit thread.

Do you think /a/ doesn't you notice spamming the same topic over and over again?

It is obvious by now you don't want to watch the One Piece anime at all yet you keep spamming the same question.
>>
>>140019985
The anime isn't bad. It is still watchable up to Sabaody arc (ep. 400~) The soundtrack is good and the voice acting is god tier.

Read the manga after that as the anime starts to really drag and the quality turns to shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.