[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hundred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: School-Battle-Anime-Hundred.jpg (67 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
School-Battle-Anime-Hundred.jpg
67 KB, 640x360
>first day of cool teenage transformation rock school
>"queen" of school challenges to duel after 1 second of being there
>MC pulls out his robo-katana
>demon eyes
>"heh nothin personell kid"
>*teleports behind queen with katana*
>grabs her tit
>MC stutters every fucking sentence like a downy

Why is this the anime meta?

Why is this going to be super popular?

Why can a shit show get away with having so many tropes?
>>
>>140018994
japs dont give a fuck, if it has fan service aka oppai grabbing, panty flaunting, swimsuits, skin tight suits, what the fuck ever they auto like it.
>>
>>140018994
Here's the other thread >>140002019
>>
Why do people watch these shows if they've hated the 99 previous identical shows?
>>
>>140018994
>Why is this the anime meta
>using words like 'meta' unironically
You're no better anon.
>>
>>140021641
Meta is a pretty commonly used word, especially in reference to meta comedy

What other word are people supposed to use?
>>
>>140021712
It's a thing, but only as a prefix like meta-[noun], using it as a noun by itself is a really cringeworthy contraction of its use in the term 'metagame', and comes from that same demographic.

Basically a long time ago you might say something like "The street fighter metagame is full of Ryus"

These days, even that is too verbose for ADHD addled kiddies on twitch, and you're more likely to hear "The street fighter meta is full of Ryus"

From there, 'meta' as a noun became a generalized term to describe the meta-state of things in particular, like its use in the OP. If you trace its lineage all the way back though, it's not something to be proud of.
>>
>>140021835
Language changes anon, don't waste your time being a dick over something so trivial
>>
>>140021835
You know the word 'meta' has a longer use than in video games right?
>>
Every anime that takes place in a school is for children and you just ignore them
>>
>>140018994
whats this? Infinity Stratos S3?
>>
>>140021953
>implying anyone even remembers metaphysics ever existed
>>
>>140022070
more or less.
>>
>>140021953
If you read my post properly instead of trying to score points, you'd see I already noted that.

It's the *specific* use of it as a noun by itself in that matter that comes directly from gaming. You might say "The meta-state of anime is full of moeshit" in the past, but never "The anime meta".

>>140021917
Yeah the ship has sailed anon, it's like the death of 'literally'. I'm just sharing some fun facts, no hard feelings.
>>
Why do editors approve IS ripoffs

What happened to quality control
>>
>>140018994
If Endride wasn't airing this season, Hundred would be the worst anime of the season.
>>
>>140022307
Because cheap crap does well enough to keep you afloat. Or does it really?
>>
I dropped this show 48 seconds in
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.