[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was UBW so much better than Zero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1419806312870.jpg (192 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1419806312870.jpg
192 KB, 1500x1500
>>
It wasnt. The only part of FSN that's better than Zero is Heaven's Feel.
>>
>>140006460
animated Shirou vs Kotomine will be out of this fucking world
>>
Cause Shirou is a much better character than Kerry.
>>
>>140006617
>AnimeShirou
>Better than Kerry
>>
>>140006617
But one of the good things about f/z is that it's an ensemble cast and doesn't rely solely on Kerry. Shirou is awful, dull and uncharismatic, and we have to watch him near constantly in UBW.
>>
>>140006735
Yeah. The anime didn't get every one of Shirou's nuances down, but neither did Zero do the same for Kerry.

At the end of the day though, Kerry is essentially a more fleshed out version of the MoS ending, which is just an off shoot of another potential Shirou.

This thread is probably going to be terrible though. I can already taste Cooking Priest's autism coming.

>>140006824
Enjoying an ensemble story verses a personal character driven one is a matter of taste.

People have been enamored and talked about Shirou for 10 years now. He's not an easy character to digest, and has a lot of valid interpretations. You might find others more "entertaining", but I'm not quite sure how many more in the franchise are quite as interesting.
>>
>>140006824
>Shirou is awful, dull and uncharismatic, and we have to watch him near constantly in UBW

This is extremely true. Shirou is a hard character to do correctly unless you give him an extreme amount of detailed, focused attention. UBW did a mediocre job with a hard character, and it came off a little jilted. When they needed to convey Shirou's "issues," they just had a closeup reaction shot where he suddenly had dull, baggy eyes. That the extent of his "character exposition."

Nasu also did a shit job of conveying shirous character in the VN, for lack of creativity, he erred on the side of repetition.

The interesting thing about Shirou's character, especially in the VN, is that, at face value, it can be impossible to distinguish him from a plain old shounen MC who is just written horribly.

And while he's not a plain, old shounen MC, he is written very badly at many points.
>>
>>140006935
>People have been enamored and talked about Shirou for 10 years now.

A majority of the people who have ever talked about Shirou did so only through being introduced to the series through Fate/Zero.
>>
File: 1456611715970.jpg (2 MB, 2631x1860) Image search: [Google]
1456611715970.jpg
2 MB, 2631x1860
Cute seiba
>>
File: 1448951053422.png (76 KB, 890x960) Image search: [Google]
1448951053422.png
76 KB, 890x960
>>140006076
>>
Same reason why HF is going to be better than both. Shirou is the best character in Fate.
>>
>>140007451
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

FSN has been translated for years, long before a Zero anime was in production.

>>140007390
>When they needed to convey Shirou's "issues," they just had a closeup reaction shot where he suddenly had dull, baggy eyes. That the extent of his "character exposition."

They did more than that. While they didn't narrate every word in his head, we still got an assortment of monologues to help define him.

UBW's thing though is that is relied very heavily on visuals, and not just in regards to Shirou's character. Chances are, most questions people have are covered, it's just not always covered by extensive dialog.
>>
>>140006575
>implying ufo will delivers
>>
>>140006076
Huh?
>>
>>140007669
>Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Let me go find some research for this super important argument on /a/. NATO, the NWO and the EU are watching this debate and waiting to move on a decision depending on the outcome. I'll need some serious data to argue my opinion.

No, I don't. It's just probable given the popularity of Zero and the impact that had on the franchise. Zero is why Ufo's UBW exists at all.
>>
>>140008542
>given the popularity of Zero and the impact that had on the franchise

What impact?

There are countless spin offs and new bits to the franchise, but none of them really have gone in the direction of Zero.

The biggest thing Zero did was bring Waver into the fold.

I mean I think people forget that this is a franchise that already had multiple games, anime, and a movie, before Zero was even animated.
>>
>>140006460
That route suffers from terrible pacing.
>>
>>140006735
Of the 7 masters, we have Mind of Steel Shirou, dumb magus#1, dumb magus #2, Simon the Digger, shota Joker, muh suffering , and Kirei. Focusing on the others doesn't help much, especially when the screentime is so fragmented no one can get any satisfying development.
>>
>>140009447
meant for>>140006824
>>
>>140008796
>The biggest thing Zero did was bring Waver into the fold.

It also increased the publicity, marketability, and budget of the Fate franchise tenfold
>>
File: Ataraxia.png (830 KB, 1003x755) Image search: [Google]
Ataraxia.png
830 KB, 1003x755
>>140007390
UBW Shirou is the only Shirou I like.
HF Shirou is objectively the worst in where he becomes worse than Kiritsugu at his prime as he has no problem watches chunks of the town die out for the sake of sweet worm pussy.

Pic related H/A's night scenes may be my favorite in the entire series.
>>
>>140009873
I'm not saying Zero wasn't a success, it very much was, but Fate wasn't some obscure thing at the time of its releases. Games, light novels, TV anime, movies, they all kept chugging along before and after Zero got animated.
>>
butcher is a shit writer
>>
>>140010152
Nasu is more of a crock
>>
>>140009996
Fate Shirou is okay, mostly because him and Saber have the best romance in the VN(which isn't saying a lot, but still)
>>
>>140009996
Still waiting for that voice patch before I read HA.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.