[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I always see this flip phone in my chinese cartoons? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
Why do I always see this flip phone in my chinese cartoons? Is this phone still popular in japan? I barely see anyone using flip phones in my country.
>>
I don't think even nips use them now, it's all iPhone shit for them probably.
>>
File: 1467595961463.png (110 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1467595961463.png
110 KB, 604x453
>>
>>139985405
A surprising amount of Nips still use them. Of alle the handheld phones I saw about a 1/4 of them were flip ones.
>>
>>139985405
Don't quote me on this at all, but I remember reading somewhere that basically, they came up with a method to write on flip phones that a lot of people can do even quicker than typing, for instance. It's super easy and convenient, and that's why it's used to much. Realistically, who knows though
>>
>>139985405
You must be watching old shows since nowadays most anime show smartphones, cool touch screens and all.
>>
File: 1448735172272.jpg (157 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
1448735172272.jpg
157 KB, 640x904
>>139985554
A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
>>
>>139985405
Pretty sure there are Android flip phones in Japan at this point. They just really dig the things.
>>
Was in Japan last week, judging from riding the trains, probably 50% clamshells and 50% iPhones. Not much of an Android presence. In Softmap they're sold side by side, obviously the smartphones are way more expensive.
>>
>>139985405
Google Galapagos phones.
>>
>>139985405
Watch this.
>>
It looks cooler than smart phones. There will never be a time when you fail to look like a twat using a smart phone.
>>
>>139985845
Stop That
>>
>>139987857

What about when I use one to play ping pong?
>>
>>139988022
I stand corrected.
>>
>>139986692
Jesus fuck, it's that an anime?

It looks like it was done on flash.
>>
>>139985845
Keep going
>>
>>139985554
>>139985845
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
Flip phones are pretty advanced. Like a smartphone but it flips and has buttons on top of a touchscreen.
>>
>>139985405
Thats a big phone, looks like 2 iPhones tall.
>>
>>139985845
Find a way out of here.
>>
>>139988650
4U
>>
>>139985728
I think the keyboard is more usable. I still think that typing on a flip phone's physical number pad is a lot easier than typing on a touch keyboard on your phone for sure.
>>
>>139985845
I used to think this meme was funny
those days are long over
>>
File: Bane-Ai Bald.jpg (54 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Bane-Ai Bald.jpg
54 KB, 640x427
>>139985845
>>139988650
>Big G-Ai

Bane falls in love with a CIA Agent.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the agent's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

He engages in banter with the government official when asked what happens if he takes off his mask. He says it would be very painful. The CIA agent says he's a big guy, then he answers, "FOR YOU."

Spurned by his lover, Bane investigates and finds out that the small guy he called is not the same person he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the CIA man's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PAIN.
>>
>>139989308
I mean writing kanji and shit, senpai.
>>
>>139985845
Make it yourself, you think anyone animates here?
>>
Posting in a keit-ai thread
>>
File: KG.jpg (37 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
KG.jpg
37 KB, 300x200
>>139985845
FINDS
>>
>>139989368
Do you not know how typing in nipponese works?
>>
>>139989368
You press the kanji button that takes in an array of your most recently typed kana characters and cycle through the most used kanji transformations of those kana characters.

And like I was saying earlier, kana is a lot easier to type using a numpad. Just look at the default setting for Simeji, probably Android's most popular western keyboard app for Japanese fobs. It is a flick number pad, which is just a transformation of the number pad.
>>
>>139990012
i misread that, my bad
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.