[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonball Z
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 18r7iskqc5gvkjpg.jpg (190 KB, 636x999) Image search: [Google]
18r7iskqc5gvkjpg.jpg
190 KB, 636x999
Give me one good reason why the DragonBall Series isn't the greatest anime/manga/franchise to ever fucking come into existence.
>>
>Protip you can't
>>
>>139977638
It's one of the most influential and popular out there. Its legacy alone could easily make it called one of the best anime/manga/franchises ever.

That's not to say it has the most compelling story. It has its faults, but it got to where it is now for a reason.
>>
GT
>>
>>139977638
Filler.
>>
>>139979199
Dragonball Z Kai >>>>>>
>>
Literally every fight is decided by raw power. No unique abilities or tactic.
>>
Yet it keeps on trying to kill itself with each new addition. It seems to be invincible.
>>
>>139979460
What do you think happened in the Buu Saga?
>>
>>139980034

A lot of shit that didn't work until they ended it with a giant spirit bomb.
>>
File: Kinnikuman11.jpg (148 KB, 322x500) Image search: [Google]
Kinnikuman11.jpg
148 KB, 322x500
Not even the best Shonen Jump series. Kinnikuman, Otokojuku and Hokuto no Ken are just 3 of the many Shonen Jump series that outclass it by miles.
Kinnikuman is about as impactful as DB in Japan
>There is a Kinnikuman day
>Wrestling matches where people dress up as characters from the series
>despite ending over 20 years ago the manga continued from its 37th volume starting in 2011
>>
>>139980034
A lot of unique techniques that totally failed while getting stronger power levels almost always succeeded.
>>
>>139980836
That is the opposite of true
>>
>>139980869

It's always been true and it still is true now. Currently Goku is fighting someone who can stop time. How does he beat him? By powering up more.
>>
Dragon Ball was good. Z went to shit after the Namek saga.
>>
>>139977638
DB Super

If you want a second reason: DB GT
>>
File: vejitavsrec.png (604 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
vejitavsrec.png
604 KB, 1024x1536
Despite it flaws and being dragged for too long, it is still the best shounen. Dragon Ball to the end of Namek Saga is just flawless.
>>
File: bananajin.jpg (167 KB, 968x875) Image search: [Google]
bananajin.jpg
167 KB, 968x875
I canĀ“t hate them, they made bananahair look cool
>>
Give me one good reason why the DragonBall Series isn't the worst anime/manga/franchise to ever fucking come into existence
>>
>>139977638
Because ever since mid-Z it turned into A Million and One Ways to Power Creep: the series, featuring some other characters that used to do stuff. Also the whole revolving door of death deal, that got pretty boring after a while.
>>
>>139984299
Damn, I forgot how good the fights were in the manga.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.