[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Futari no Renai Shoka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Anyone else reading this series?
Apparently it just ended.
Short and sweet.
>>
>>139963268
>Short and sweet.

Picked up.
>>
>>139963268
TL is a bit slow. Already read the translated chapters. Iirc there are only a handful of chapters are left.

The only thing that bothers me is that he is supposed to be a middle-schooler. But his appearance and actions are of a high-schooler at the leat.
>>
>>139966029
0 chapters left.
>>
>>139966029
It's the ending, man.
>>
I thought it was pretty poor. Short, comfy, cute romance manga is like my bread and butter but this felt a little dull and I didn't like their relationship much either.
>hey lets live together
>lets wait until marraige before we kiss
Their relationship felt contrived.

It can work alright when you've got younger characters and a different setting but I expected more from this author and in my opinion this should have taken ques something like Bonnouji in regards to how it handled romance and intimacy.

This felt very bland and like little effort went into it compare to Mahou Tsukai.
>>
>>139966770
that's because it got axed

Mahou is selling I guess, so he doesn't need to rush anything, hence the better story
>>
>>139968922
Author is a woman I think.

But anyway I began thinking that early on, I don't think all of it can be blamed on the fact it got axed. And besides that I think it was probably meant to be short anyway.
>>
>>139966770
I agree. I've was introduced to both this and Bonnouji by the same comments recommending comfy romances, but they're on a totally different level. Apart from Bonnouji's out of nowhere time skip, the pacing was perfectly smooth and natural. For Shoka on the other hand, it's like "hey u like books? Move in with me and I'll marry u once u graduate." Also the age gap is ridiculous and unnecessary. Kanako and Akio are at least two full school levels apart and Akio is like 16. It has cute moments but when reading it I constantly have this "is this seriously happpening" feeling.
>>
>>139969311

And wait, that was the last chapter? Damn even for an axed ending that was terrible.
>>
>>139966770
By the way do you have any recs for other comfy romances?
>>
>>139969311
I have absolutely no problem with age gaps, as long as they done right and it's not like that hard; in my opinion anyway. I don't think anything in this manga was developed though, the author had time and spent chapters on the two of them but it all felt completely flat.

>>139969388
/a/ doesn't do recommendations and never has, at least it shouldn't. Try /wsr/ or look through MU.
>>
File: 87.jpg (13 KB, 431x352) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
13 KB, 431x352
>>139963268
>anyone reading this?
>posting a spoiler
>>
>>139969442
I don't hate age gaps either but jumping into engagement with this level of familiarity (none) and this level of age gap where one is an adult and one just finished junior high is ridiculous.

And sorry about the rec request I guess. I know you aren't supposed to start threads for them but I figured it was ok in the context of another thread.
>>
>>139963268
It ended?

Time for a quick read i marathon i guess.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.