[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are things that make you want to not watch or drop a series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: Picture 1.png (806 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.png
806 KB, 1280x800
What are things that make you want to not watch or drop a series

for me if the seven deadly sins are involved into the plot line or a a character motif

Its so over done and annoying at this point
>>
name a few other than Kiznever and the show already titled after it
>>
>highschool setting
>"I just want a normal life"
>girl falls in love with the MC for no plausible reason at all
>non-comedy harems
With a few exceptions, these are an instant drop for me
>>
Harem with a bland MC.
>>
>>139936916

FMA
>>
>>139937330
a few =/= one
>>
>>139936644
Fantasy setting with retarded characters.
>SAO
>We die in the game we die in real life
>Let's ostracize the people who know the game's mechanics and would have helped us survive
>I'm going to hide my skills for no reason while my friends get killed.

>DanMachi
>Monster on the loose that is so strong that you can't cut through with iron daggers
>Hestia has that super blade, but doesn't give it to main character for 2 episodes while she tells him that she believes in him and while he's risking his life.

Such a shame that retarded characters are a norm rather than the exception. Another thing that makes me want to drop series is when muh misunderstandings are used as a major plot device.
>>
>>139936644
>seven deadly sins
The "capital vices", also known as the "seven deadly sins" or "cardinal sins", is a Western religious grouping and classification of vices.

Mind you vices are not sins. It is just a warning sign for behaviors that could lead to sin (Violation of the ten commandments).
>>
>i love my oniichan/cousin just cuz

dropped
>>
>>139936644
If I can't enjoy it or watched it right. Even a shitty "fantasy school battle harem", I won't drop it unless I can't enjoy it.

And as far as enjoyment goes; watched for Mayumi, dropped for Miyuki.
>>
>>139936644
>Norse mythology
>Shrodinger's cat
>Suddenly transported to a jrpg world
>X was actually humans

I don't mind having false-positives

>>139937652
umineko
>>
>>139940946
a few =/= 2
you fucking retard
>>
>>139936644
>MC is idealistic to the point of retardation
>Regularly puts himself and everyone around him in danger because he refuses to use common sense over suicide
>Somehow this is character strength

Even worse if the sensible people who warned them not to do something done get shitted on for daring to criticise Gary Stu
>>
File: yotsumad.jpg (32 KB, 302x411) Image search: [Google]
yotsumad.jpg
32 KB, 302x411
>"You're not a loser, infact you're the main hero of this story!"
this isn't something specific to anime either
why do people do this, it's not funny
>>
>>139941654
trinity seven

congratulations. now you're the retard whose argument has been reduced to being pedantic about language.
>>
File: Loki.png (425 KB, 903x1300) Image search: [Google]
Loki.png
425 KB, 903x1300
>>139940946
>>
>>139941820
But most of the time the MC is correct in his judgement, and the "sensible" people are just wrong.
>>
>>139942103
In my experience, things turn out ok for the MC because of their unknown power/fluke luck, which bugs me because I prefer it when the protagonists win due to skill or prior planning.

So for example, I recently watched the first episode of God Killer. The MC disobeys orders because they have the generic AoT mentality of "charge screaming at the evil monsters." No training, no backup. He get to the battle and is almost immediately killed, but fortunately, support shows up just in time. After being a dead weight for a while, the MC decides to charge a monster, nearly gets killed again but this time his Superpower kicks in and he defeats the monster.

For me, this is just rubbish, so I dropped it.

If the MC had gone in, planned on stalling for time until backup arrived, and such it would be fine. But its the fact that the MC keeps on getting "get out of stupid jail free" cards, aka dumb luck, that bothers me.
>>
File: 799fb5b4.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
799fb5b4.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>it's a school for teens with supernatural powers
>>
any kind of harem, especially when the MC is some doofy fucking kid who acts like he doesn't even know where babies come from
>>
File: 1428955125971.png (923 KB, 1011x1088) Image search: [Google]
1428955125971.png
923 KB, 1011x1088
>>139939003
>Not loving your family
>>
File: 1447654246412.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
1447654246412.png
91 KB, 288x292
>the main conflict of the show is created by a misunderstanding between characters that could be solved if they just talked to each other like real people
>>
>>139943243
I thought you guys watched anime because you hated 3DPD?
>>
>harem
>plot = tits
>god-like unbeatable MC
>>
>>139943243
They do hate 3DPD, but that doesn't mean they want to watch a show where there is a conflict that can be resolved simply by talking face-to-face. It comes off as forced drama.
>>
>A boy falls in love with a girl
>Unable to confess his love, he's gifted with 12 episodes of generic harem plot lines
>>
File: 1394114147663.jpg (132 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1394114147663.jpg
132 KB, 1440x810
Any accidental boob grabbing in the first episode is a strong case to drop something.
>>
>a lot of blood on the first episode just for the sake of being edgy
>>
>>139936644
How about the tarot?
>>
The threads are shitty or consist almost entirely of memes
>>
Pretty much everything in Kiznaiver
>>
MC, who is a new student at school, beats the student who's really good at "thing" in episode one and everyone is shocked.

Yuri subtext in episode one. I don't mind if a show has yuri in it, but in episode one I can tell a show is most likely going to be awful.

Really bad comedy in episode one will also make me not give a show a second chance if it's billing itself as a comedy.
>>
>>139946642
>Really bad comedy in episode one will also make me not give a show a second chance if it's billing itself as a comedy.
Gintama starts out shitty and then keeps getting better though
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.