[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did she do wrong, exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: minmay.jpg (127 KB, 984x749) Image search: [Google]
minmay.jpg
127 KB, 984x749
What did she do wrong, exactly?
>>
>>139933021
Cock tease
>Hikaru you should join the military
>Hikaru the military is terrible
>>
>>139933083
Blame Kaifun for that
>>
>all her songs were shit
>completely shallow
>constantly toyed with Hikaru's feelings
>spent half the series obsessing over worst boy
She got exactly what she deserved.
>>
>>139933213
Kaifun is the worst goddamn mother fucking messiah piece of shit garbage character ever created
>>
>>139933242
>all her songs were shit
Now wait a minute, Boyfriend is a Pilot is iconic and 0-G Love is underrated as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYV4GPRiIc
>>
>>139933021
Horrible clingy needy character.

Misa was better since she actually had a functioning brain.
>>
File: 1452030323614.jpg (60 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1452030323614.jpg
60 KB, 960x720
I think /m/ summed her up pretty well

>oh no I'm going to die, let's get married
>oh we're saved, see you later my friend
>come listen to my new song "My Boyfriend is a Pilot", we're just friends though
>this is my cousin, Chad Pacifistcock, he hates you, isn't he wonderful
>oh you love me? I'm sorry I'm going off with Chad
>I think Chad's just using me for material gain
>Oh there's Flyboy, he seems to be having a good life for himself and is all but set up for like with Christmas Cake, better put a stop that
>I return your feeling, now provide for me
>>
>>139933321
Love Drifts Away is actually pretty nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jwnDyURo
>>
>>139933386
>Misa was better since she actually had a functioning brain.
Misa was only better by default. Remember she spends at least 1/3 of the series either crazy or bitching out Hikaru and then for some inexplicable reason falls for Kaifun as well which makes NO sense
>>
>>139933242
sunset beach is great
>>
>>139933021
A better question is what did she do right?
>>
>>139933648
Hikaru joined the military acting like a shit and Kaifun reminded her if the guy on the Mars base.
>>
>>139933321
>that green haired zentradi girl

she was my first waifu, I FORGOT HER FUCKING NAME
>>
Just think the Main cast dies/disappears tragically never to be seen again when testing a warp engine
>>
>>139934029
Millia
>>
>>139933648
Misa's attraction to Kaifun was good writing in theory. Had a lot of potential for tension there given that Misa's been part of the military since childhood and, in a sense, the military is what got her ex-boyfriend killed. A lot of room to make her doubt herself and question her assumptions.

The problem was execution. Misa's attraction toward Kaifun was based on Kaifun looking like her ex, but Kaifun looked nothing like him. So it ended up being kind of bizarre and hamfisted
>>
>>139934029
>>139934112
She has a qt descendent in Delta
>>
>>139934245
Frejya is cuter than Mirage.
>>
Everything is bitch boy Hikaru's fault for not making a proper move on Minmay. No, getting married when they thought they were going to die doesn't count as a romantic gesture.
>>
>>139934286
If the triangle is Freyja and Mirage, history has decided Mirage wins.
>>
>>139933021
>What did she do wrong, exactly?

her cousin
>>
>>139933021
She was completely stuck in her own little bubble of a world. While Hikaru was out there fighting and watching his friends die, did she ever really care what was happening to him or how he was feeling, or did it always come back to her and what she was up to? She was just too ignorant and self centered at the time. She was considerably better in DYRL though, largely because it was forced to skip most of the time she spent being a shit.
>>
>>139934530
Hikaru's best move was going to Misa in Alaska. series should have ended right there.
>>
>>139934745
You mean episode 27 right? Yeah that was supposed to be the end but it got extended. Which personally I think was a mistake because it was just a bunch of love triangle drama
>>
>>139933452
I'm glad I dropped that shit halfway through.
>>
>>139934671
Could one watch DYRL without the main series? I hear it's still a good movie.
>>
One of the bridge bunnies was best girl anyway. The blonde one. She seemed younger and had a round face.
Fuck I can't remember her name.
>>
File: Cunt.png (644 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Cunt.png
644 KB, 720x540
>blames the military for being violent for defending the Macross
>never criticizes the alien race who've destroyed multiple planets and live only for violence
>in fact he constantly defends them and tries to enable their belligerence in the second half of the story just to spite the military, which ends up causing yet another assault from the Zentradi
>all while refusing vital aid from the military which could've helped hundreds, if not thousands of people recovering from the Zentradi's attacks, despite how the military is only trying to restore and rebuild the planet at this point
Is there anything actually likable about him?
>>
>>139934919
Nah you should finish it. The ending(s) and resolutions with the Zentraedi are worth it if you can put up with the triangle drama
>>
>>139935038
>Is there anything actually likable about him?
His very messiah kung fu skills.
>>
>>139934985
Yeah it's worth watching even without the main series.

>>139935038
I think he was made to be unlikable
>>
>>139934985
You could but it's one of those things that's better watched after seeing the original, it improved upon Minmay as a character, was better looking, and didn't drag out, but beyond that the character's developed better in the tv series regardless of how it over stayed its welcome. At least Roy got a better end in DYRL
>>
>>139934879
The epilogue after the big battle was nice since you always wonder what happens after in some shows,and it laid the foundation for the future shows. Though since Hikaru didn't commit to Misa ,even though she liked him enough to take care of his house,the problem starts there.
>>
>>139935124
I wonder if Milia would have fallen for him too if she saw his kung fu
>>
>>139935440
Milia was faithful.
>>
>>139935483
Before marriage she was just looking for a strong fighter who defeated her, it's why she became a miclone
>>
>>139935038
>>139935186
I'm guessing he is suppose to be a strawman character representing various political opinions that the writers didn't agree with at that time. Probably someone with an anti-JSDF opinion, which is probably popular then and still somewhat existent now despite the Earthquake.
>>
>>139935038
No, and there isn't supposed to be. I get that people enjoy more complex villains now days where you can understand why they became what they are and even empathize with them to a degree, but its also refreshing to go back and see someone be a complete cunt because that just what he is. He's a character made to be hated, and its enjoyable to hate him freely and wholeheartedly.
>>
>>139935124
His kung fu was just as shit
>"I'm so much better than you because I only use defensive techniques"
>>
>>139934244
I just thought it was self absorbtion because Kaifun looked like her.
>>
>>139933021
>outside civilization
>"please don't leave me!"
>inside civilization
>ignores you completely

she a slut
>>
>>139937114
Not a slut just...kinda dumb
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.