[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunter x Hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 02.jpg (362 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
362 KB, 784x1145
>4 DAYS till HxH comes back
>>
>>139915072
Heat nen?
>>
File: 1361896216-kurapika-o.jpg (169 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1361896216-kurapika-o.jpg
169 KB, 800x534
>>139916585
Nah I don't think Togashi would give it away like that
>>
>>139916585
He is the God of War so probably something violent and straightforward like fire + weapon summoning
>>
>>139917199
nen gives off a "steam" if you don't control it, and also glows yellow, it doesn't mean anything... maybe
>>
>>139915072
everyone is hyping it so much, and for good reason the last time it got out the hiatus it got some of the most talked about chapters in its history
>>
>>139918498
10 chapters in a blaze of glory and then another hiatus.

Place your bets how many chapters before another hiatus?
>>
>>139916585

it's just regular nen. nen was originally described like smoke escaping a boilng pot.
>>
File: Zzigg.png (23 KB, 256x181) Image search: [Google]
Zzigg.png
23 KB, 256x181
>>139918537
20, I'm optimistic
>>
>>139918537
After seeing those recent photos of Togashi, I'll be an optimist and say 15
>>
>>139918603
>>139918537

if Togashi announces the series goes monthly after 10 chapters I doubt anyone will have a problem with that
>>
>>139919118
Why would he go monthly? He can publish whenever he wants anyway.
>>
>>139918603
was it translated?
>>
>>139919404
>If I understood it right, he stopped HxH because he had gained weight and it caused the backache problem, he was not practicing so he started doing it, progressively lost weight and he is healthy now, this is the reason why he decided to come back. He is planning to run a marathon.
>>
>>139919225
I get that, but isn't it weird to call hiatus every few weeks? I think we might see a new Togashi
>>
>>139919497
Literally run a marathon? Or marathon drawing HxH chapters?
>>
Explain to me something, as you would to someone who has read about 20 different manga comics total.

I've noticed that most of them rely on heavy - heavy! - exposition in a sense that there is very little character development. Instead, the creator focuses on battle mechanics, often nonsensically intruding on whatever semblance of plot there is. I thought it HxH would be manga about Japanese version of H Rider Haggard's novels but instead it was a Jojo clone. And I've noticed this in tons of manga, with the caveat that Araki bases his whole storytelling around Bollywood-like moments of pure nonsense setting up the scene for next skirmish.

I've read Shigurui where one battle movement can stretch over ten issues. Don't you get tired after a while, when all the mangaka is doing is introduction of new mechanics that are obviously pulled out of his ass most of the time? It's *holds up spork* narrative technique.

>But wait, there's more

Is how this sort of narrative can be summarized.
>>
>>139919909
This is shonen manga, not literature. There is character development but remember that it's a battle manga first and foremost, so it's obvious that its fans like that sort of thing.
>>
>>139920141
Can it even be considered a battle manga anymore? Togashi seems to have moved away from battles for the most part.
>>
>>139919909
I wonder if we didn't get such a deep explanation of NEN, how many would cry ass-pull when talking about HxH ? just like >>139920141 said, this is a battle shounen manga, but still, Gon developed more than any protagonist in such a short time
>>
>>139920733
But Nen is a force first and foremost, classic Super Saiyan ultimately undefined deus ex machina thing. Like Guts's willpower in Berserk.

>Oh my god, those demons are butchering him alive! How can he still be going?
>Oh my god, he somehow is still going!

Nen is even worse.

>Wait, this is amazing! Let me explain to you how he's using his Nen in unforeseen way! Why, this is truly an unprecedented anomaly!
>>
>>139920832
>Let me explain to you how he's using his Nen in unforeseen way! Why, this is truly an unprecedented anomaly!
Where does this happen?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.