[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toriko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 08-09 (2).png (687 KB, 1722x1250) Image search: [Google]
08-09 (2).png
687 KB, 1722x1250
What the fuck is gonna happen during the Eclipse?

third demon fight when?
>>
>>139908709
toriko's going to need a fuck of powerup, and I think this is too much of a bullshit jump. his last few fights were him being 100% outclassed-- he was no match for bambina with all four of the kings BEFORE he transformed, and toriko's last fight was a 2 on 1 against a fucking battlewolf that wasn't even guiness and he lost that too.

as far as MCs go he is pretty shit. he can't win fights by being clever, so he has to use raw power, but everything is stronger than him and has been for a long time. What was the last fight that Toriko won? Tommyrod? That food honor arc?

Ichiryu was the GOAT but even he quit this shitty series, and now its just waiting for Jirou to finish jobbing to Neo.
>>
>>139911135
I can't picture how anyone really can kill Neo at this point. I'll be so mad if Komatsu beats him making a genuinely happy meal or some shit like that.

Toriko's fights are good when the powergap was wide enough to be weaker, but not so much he can't actually do damage to his opponents. If Jirou can't beat Neo, how the hell will Toriko?
>>
>>139912355
Probably whats going to happen at least to solve neo-- they said several times that neo has been beaten up in the past and then just comes back like nothing happened.
>>
>>139908709
>introducing a third demon when we still know absolutely nothing about the second
Christ.

I really don't get it. Shima clearly hates planning things out ("oh fuck why did I set up eight kings and eight ingredients fuck it they get they all off-screen") so why is he still trying to set up even more future developments?
>>
>>139912785
I was under the impression he's being forced to wrap things up. There's no way this was the intended pace given how much set up we get for two kings and got only one or two pages for the rest.

Although I doubt there was any way to deliver the hype on the Battle Wolf.
>>
>>139912948
People have been saying that for years. Toriko is still selling fine. It's ranking badly but as long as sales keep up they have no reason to get rid of it.

Toriko has had weird pacing before. Remember the timeskip? One chapter and immediately Toriko has been living in the Gourmet World for years, he's rescued Komatsu and gathered all the ingredients he needs to help feed the world. A few chapters later they'd solved the food crisis entirely with the Billion Bird, Toriko has engaged to Rin and they were all heading off into the Gourmet World to get the Full Course.
>>
>>139912355
Not hard to picture at all, this is shonen after all. The 4 mc's go and fight Neo, they start to lose, demons get used and still get beat, Toriko draws on the power of the third demon which makes him 1000x stronger and Neo gets btfo. The end.
>>
>>139913737
But Neo is beaten but not killed, and Komatsu offers a meal to Neo which is likes and gets converted. The end.
>>
Toriko can't even watch one of the 8 kings without being killed, any power up against the level of the red nitro or neo would be bullshit.
>>
File: 1339070339733.jpg (53 KB, 370x594) Image search: [Google]
1339070339733.jpg
53 KB, 370x594
>>139912355
>Komatsu literally prepares him a McDonalds Happy meal
>product placement used to end the manga
>mfw
>>
>>139914361
holy shit please don't
>>
>>139912948
>I was under the impression he's being forced to wrap things up
It has been already a year since Shimabu started skipping shit.

He is obviously just a very irresposnisble author who gets bored easily and wants to move on something more exiting.
>>
>>139914768
He should do a horror manga next.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.