[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, those 3 were really cool antagonists. They had such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Androids.jpg (81 KB, 300x458) Image search: [Google]
Androids.jpg
81 KB, 300x458
You know, those 3 were really cool antagonists. They had such a laidback and weren't total dicks unlike most others villains
>>
>18 is with Krillen and Marin
>17 nowhere found with a wife and child as a park ranger.
>16 .....
>>
>>139901610
They really weren't antagonists. Hell, the only time they clashed with the good guys was when Piccolo fought 17.

You could even make the case that Cell wasn't an antagonist, either.
>>
i used to think 17 was a girl
>>
>>139901789
Are you forgetting when they robbed that nigga with the truck and clashed with vegeta and whatnot? They had plenty of times they did evil shit for the sake of it
>cell wasnt an antagonist
yeah going around eating and murdering niggas, ok
>>
the poor man's major metallitron, adroid 8, and robot pirate
>>
>>139901610

I really wish Toriyama would make a slice-of-life series with those three. Just roaming around cities joy riding and being punks. Kinda like early Dragon Ball.
>>
>>139904719
I don't think you know what early Dragon Ball was like
>>
>>139904652
Vegeta was a villain during the Android Saga
>>
>>139904829

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Early Dragon Ball had a lot of slice of life episodes. It didn't get "serious" till King Piccolo.
>>
>>139901610
i forgot how brutal some of the android saga was until i rewatched gero kill yamcha
>>
Cell saga was the nadir of Dragonball as a series, assuming you don't count dragonball super. Yes, even the buu saga was better.
>>
File: ADragon Ball (32).png (1 MB, 865x1300) Image search: [Google]
ADragon Ball (32).png
1 MB, 865x1300
>>139905043
Early Dragon Ball wasn't slice of life, it was a silly adventure. It was a lot like later Dragon Ball except the fights were shorter and there was a whole lot more toilet humor.
>>
>>139905177
Anyone who doesn't like he Cell Saga doesn't like Dragon Ball
>>
>>139905177

Blame Future Trunks who is a SHITTER. If he had just stayed in his shitty timeline none of this would've happened
>>
>>139905201
Why was early dragonball so goat and imaginative. I really think that the more powerful Goku became, the less creative the series was. I mean the dude had a nimbus, a powerpole that extended to the moon. And he even had to be creative with his fights like using a kamehamaha with his feet to get to raditz.
>>
>>139905243

>Mecha Frieza arc wouldn't have been better, could've even introduced Cooler and made him canon
>>
>>139905243
The whole time travel plot was dumb, cell was a boring villain, and it started the trend of everyone becoming a super saiyan. Also Future trunks is a mary sue.
>>
>>139905201
It's probably the same guy who thinks JoJo part 4 is slice-of-life. Some people just call slice-of-life everything that doesn't have clear cut plot from chapter/episode one.
>>
>>139905043
Idk tao pai pai was plenty serious. Also Z was filled with a lot of DB's charms like the ginyu force being really silly, same for Buu.
>>
>>139905408
>Future trunks is a mary sue

What?
>>
File: ADragon Ball (2).png (2 MB, 865x1300) Image search: [Google]
ADragon Ball (2).png
2 MB, 865x1300
>>139905275
It was imaginative because it was just Journey to the West with immature jokes. Later Deagon Ball was just as good, with stuff like Buu and Gotenks.

The art in the Pilaf Saga is fucking gorgeous though. You can really tell Toriyama was going all out at the start. Not that the later art was bad, but it just wasn't quite as detailed.

I know having he whole series drawn like the first page would be impossible, but just imagine it.
>>
>>139901610
Sure is 2002 in here.

Fuck off with your irrelevant shit show.
>>
>>139905408
I wouldn't say Future Trunks is a mary sue, he gets his ass handed to him more often than not and he has actual flaws that have gotten him in trouble like inability to improvise like Goku or Vegeta and not knowing how to fight or train properly due to only having a month or two with Gohan.

Cell is definitely the worst villain by a country mile and a mary sue, he is literally 1/2 Sayian, 1/2 Namekian, 1/2 Frieza Race, has all the heroes' moves, better versions of all the racial perks, and he comes from farther in the future than Trunks and is smarter than everybody without silly things like naivety, inflexibility, or pride. Also the arc falls apart if Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, and Piccolo to a lesser extent aren't massively retarded.
>>
>>139905333

King Cold was a kind guy who only lusted for a good battle and nothing more. He kindly begged for mercy after admitting defeat and look what happened

https://youtu.be/SzT1UYoi70k?t=3m40s
>>
>>139905408
>Future trunks is a mary sue.

More a donut steel than a mary sue.
>>
>>139905613
Kills previous big bad really easily whereas it was a major and grueling fight for our protaganist, has a sword for no reason whatsoever other than it looks cool, unique hair color, son of two main characters who had no real meaningful interaction and is the son of royalty too. He just reads like a terribly written OC.
>>
>>139905408
Trunks was only a Mary Sue until the second time he went back in time. After the Androids were released everything spiraled out of control and it became obvious he was in way over his head.

And maybe you've lost your touch with your inner 12 year old boy, but Trunks showing up and killing Freeza with a sword was he coolest thing ever.
>>
>>139905707
lmao, good point about Cell.
>>
>>139904652
Why does DBZ attract so many black people?
>>
>>139905707
Cell doesn't have flaws? Did you miss literally everything he did after becoming perfect? Him inheriting Vegeta's retarded pride was a huge plot point.

Cell is supposed to be overpowered because at this point in the series only overpowered villains could possibly be a threat to Goku.
>>
>>139905707
I thought Cell was a great villain. He wasn't as much a unique villain as he was a collective result for Goku's heroic deeds. He is every previous arc villain in one and does lack his own identity, but this isn't his role. He is literally Goku's past come back to haunt him and the reason why he decides to die in the end. Gohan defeating Cell in a kamehameha duel was about him surpassing his father. The Android/Cell arc is great and would have been a perfect ending to the series. Gohan getting nerfed so hard in the future arcs really shits on the coming of age story the Cell saga told.
>>
Best villain and ally was piccolo. His fight with goku at the end of DB will always be>>>>>>. Yes it was better than Vegeta and goku's first fight.
>>
>>139905815
He kills the previous big bad with ease because he's spent his life being hunted by a much stronger threat. It sets up how big a problem the androids are going to be.
>>
>>139906112
the entire problem was Frieza being revived and coming back, that was retarded and he should've stayed dead. It was a pretty weak way to try and get us to see how powerful the next villains are. But dbz is literally powercreep the series.
>>
File: 1455674730832.jpg (20 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1455674730832.jpg
20 KB, 396x353
>>139901789
>You could even make the case that Cell wasn't an antagonist, either.
wat

He killed like entire cities of people and threatened to destroy the entire earth if nobody could defeat him. He has one of the highest bodycounts out of the villains.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (2163).png (724 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (2163).png
724 KB, 1024x1536
>>139906156
Freeza being brought back was kind of stupid, but I'll let it slide because the way it was done was literally perfect. The first part of the Android Saga is probably the largest concentration of sheer coolness in all fiction.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (2173).png (739 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (2173).png
739 KB, 1024x1536
>>139906294
I really don't see how anyone who likes battle shonen can not like this
>>
>>139906046
Except it did not feel earned for Gohan. For the proclaimed "aspiring scholar" of the group his fights were the most braindead of all of them and he coasted on his "Amazing Potential" the entire series, which by the way why doesn't Future Trunks have as much "potential" because he is 1/2 sayian and 1/2 human just like Gohan.

People go on about it being boring that Goku wins every big fight but in every major fight he comes up with clever tricks to outsmart his opponents while Gohan just "Hulks up and shoots the biggest beam and wins". Goku brings something new with every fight while Gohan just gets pounded, gets mad, powers up, five moves of doom, win or enemy is unscathed and he gets clobbered some more literally all of his fights are like that.
>>
>>139906218
buu destroyed the earth and several other planets
>>
Android Saga was fucking awful, thank God Cell came around and saved it
>>
File: 223.jpg (316 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
316 KB, 1024x1536
>>139906709
How do you not like Super Vegeta?

KOITSU GA SUPAA BEJIITA NO BIGGU BAN ATTAKU GA
>>
>>139906672
>reading comprehension
>>
>>139907177
Frieza busted planets and commit genocide on Namek before ever meeting Goku. Vegeta also probably has vaporized several species since he was one of Frieza's soldiers.

Honestly Cell's bodycount isn't all that impressive.
>>
History of Trunks was scary as shit to me as a kid, imagining living in constant fear of the androids.
>>
>>139901789
They were absolutely antagonists. They just weren't villians. The two aren't synonymous. The androids and their actions were the primary motovation for the actions of the protagonists, and the plot was structured around them.

A good, if somewhat simple example, is Gary Oak. He is an antagonist. His actions and presence dictate a response from the protagonist, Ash. However he is not a villian. His actions are not evil or wrong in any way.
>>
>>139901610

Is it wrong to say my favourite version of these three is the TFS version? That version has the best banter and the best interpretation of the characters.
>>
>>139909172
To be honest I think the manga would be better if at some point Vegeta said "I'm not just saying that because you're an android, I'm saying it because you're a woman"
>>
>>139909518

Vegeta needs more snark.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.