[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everybody love the Namek Saga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: DBZ.jpg (561 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
DBZ.jpg
561 KB, 960x1440
Why does everybody love the Namek Saga?
>>
the lush scenery
>>
Because your mom was a slut in high school that serviced 3 to 4 guys a given afternoon you faggot.
>>
actually it's pretty controversial

it took an assload of time especially with the anime padding
it was when the series became the standard of generic battle shounen and when all attacks started to be standardized (also powerlevels, which wasn't really mentioned after this arc).
it set the precedence of "Gohan is going to be the MC, jk, it's still Goku"

and so on
>>
Because Freeza best waifu
>>
Had great fights, best villain, a sense of danger and adventure and Vegeta, Krillin and Gohan had to try and avoid the Villain and find the Dragon Balls. Vegeta was at his best in the Namek Saga, he was intelligent as well as ruthless, rather than being an arrogant idiot.
>>
>>139834314

It was based on adventure, it had good writing, and you felt more invested in what happened.

It was more than just a buildup to a single fight.
>>
>>139834314
Because they could manage a hard situation without Goku in a while, also Gohan, Krillin and Vegetable were strategic when they arrived on Namek.
And Frieza a best
>>
>>139835166
You forgot "and with a wicked sense of humour" fampai.
>>
>>139834314
Cuz it was awesome.
>>
>>139834314
BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY 5 MINUTES TIL NAMEK ASSPLODES!
>>
File: vegeta2.png (303 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
vegeta2.png
303 KB, 500x369
>>139835166
Pretty much this. The setting has some interesting aspects, Krillin and Gohan are very likable, Vegeta makes a great wild card (and has a really badass killstreak), Frieza's henchmen have some interesting gimmicks and powers, Frieza is scary as hell for a pink midget, and Goku's transformation to Super Saiyan is awesome to behold.
>>
>>139834314
because we keep learning new stuff every chapter and there is a real sense of danger since all factions are willing to kill or die. as opposed to the android and cell where its more like '' i could kill everyone here but choose not to until you are strong enough to defeat me ''
>>
>>139834314
I'm in love with the Perfect saga.
>>
>>139839161
>dude time travel lmao
>>
>>139835287
>it had good writing

LOL no.

Goku acts like an idiot and gets his body stolen by Ginyu. Why? Goku always took his opponents seriously up until this point. Why would he suddenly start "showing his true power" to some alien villain, not knowing anything about this alien or what he's capable of? And Goku does this while Krillin and Gohan are on their way to Freeza's ship, he knows that they will be in danger if Freeza suddenly decides to return or if Vegeta decides to betray them. That was some seriously dumb writing.

They revive Piccolo... and put him in danger again by bringing him to Planet Namek.

Vegeta for some reason doesn't tell Goku the truth about what Freeza did to the saiyans until he's about to die. Why?

Vegeta asks Freeza to transform even though he can't even defeat 1st form Freeza.

Goku tries to spare Freeza's life... which was dumb enough already when it was written (he didn't avenge Krillin's death) but looks even worse now after the revelation that Goku's mother was one of those rare good saiyans.
>>
>>139834314
cuz freeza was virtually unbeatable, everything he did was in vain. had the most famous and iconic scene in all of anime (super saiyan transformation)
where as the cell and buu arc are just trying to do this exact same format but fail
>>
>>139834314
It was the last time I felt the series was tense. Frieza and any of his higher ranking men were strong as fuck, and to add a pissed Vegeta to the mix makes it frightening if you look at it from the point of view from Gohan and Krillin. Doesn't help seeing the Namekians getting slaughtered
>>
File: Kaioken Ginyu.jpg (175 KB, 485x500) Image search: [Google]
Kaioken Ginyu.jpg
175 KB, 485x500
>>139834314

It certainly has the best powerup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSe-KSdtJAI

The escalation is perfect
>Trees glow
>Clouds glow
>Planet glows
>Fucking entire solar system glows
>>
>>139834314
I really hate Namek Saga.
>>
>>139840288
>Goku acts like an idiot and gets his body stolen by Ginyu. Why? Goku always took his opponents seriously up until this point.
Goku is extremely powerful at this point, and all through out Dragon Ball he would toy around with his enemies, this is nothing new.
>They revive Piccolo... and put him in danger again by bringing him to Planet Namek.
He asked to be brought there, Gohan wasn't going to say no to Piccolo
>Vegeta for some reason doesn't tell Goku the truth about what Freeza did to the saiyans until he's about to die. Why?
He didn't give a shit about Goku knowing. The only reason he told him before he died was because he knew that Goku was the last chance of a Saiyan stopping Freeza, and telling him about the destruction might motivate him to kill Freeza (as he spared Vegeta earlier, showing him that Goku was soft)
>Vegeta asks Freeza to transform even though he can't even defeat 1st form Freeza.
Power sensing isn't like a scouter where you can easily compare numbers, he was strong enough to make Freeza transform, and probably thought it wouldn't increase his power by much
>Goku tries to spare Freeza's life
Goku is a good guy, he spared Vegeta's life too
>Goku's mother was one of those rare good saiyans.
He didn't know that, and even if he did, he didn't care about the other Saiyans.
>>
The only time the series gets as close to the tension in Namek is when the Saiyans are training to defeat the Androids and Piccolo has to try and deal with 17 imo
>>
File: he didn't save Schala.png (202 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
he didn't save Schala.png
202 KB, 640x480
>>139840146
>not liking Time travelling
faggot
>>
>>139834314
The cat and mouse games, followed by the best fight in the series.
>>
File: may.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
may.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>139834314
When I first watched it, I felt it was a bit slow
However, when I rewatched it when I was older I appreciated the character interation, the well thought out plot, the tension, and the amazing and iconic fight scenes.

As a plus, I also got to see Krillin be semi-relevant one last time, actually fighting and accomplishing something despite his eventual placing as another comic relief character.
>>
Nostalgia, shit taste, a combination of both, et cetera.
>>
>>139841024
>>Goku tries to spare Freeza's life
>Goku is a good guy, he spared Vegeta's life too

He spared Vegeta to fight him again later, this isn't comparable to his decision to spare Freeza. Also Vegeta technically didn't kill any of Goku's friends.

Freeza was openly threatening to attack the Earth next and Goku even told Freeza something like "I never want to see you again". He didn't spare Freeza to fight him again later. He spared Freeza because... Freeza begged for help. WTF?! Freeza killed Goku's best friend and millions of other innocent people and tried to kill Piccolo and Gohan. Goku never showed that much mercy to villains before. He killed the dinosaur who kidnapped Bulma, the Bear thief, many Red Ribbon Army soldiers, Officer Black, Tamborine, Drum, Piccolo Daimao, and even his own brother Raditz.
This was probably THE dumbest moment in DBZ made even worse now by the new info about Goku's parents. Toriyama probably feels the same way now. That's why Goku finally kills Freeza in RoF.
>>
>>139841024
It's also worth noting that vegeta didn't know about Freeza destroying the planet until Dodoria told him on namek. Which was after the fight with goku
>>
It's the last time Dragon Ball was decent.

I said decent. Last time it was good was way back with King Piccolo.
>>
>>139834691
This
>>
>>139842676
>not 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai
>>
I haven't watched DBZ in a long while, and I need to catch up. Are they still on Namek?
>>
>>139842217
>Goku never showed that much mercy to villains before. He killed the dinosaur who kidnapped Bulma, the Bear thief, many Red Ribbon Army soldiers, Officer Black, Tamborine, Drum, Piccolo Daimao
Yes, in Dragon Ball he did all that. But as an adult he clearly changed. The only Villain he does kill is Majin Buu
>>
File: tears of laughter.png (18 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
tears of laughter.png
18 KB, 626x551
>>139834513
I don't know why but this post destroyed me
>>
>>139845636
Of course not, 23rd was superior in every way.
>>
File: Android19And20AndroidsAppearNV.png (407 KB, 350x776) Image search: [Google]
Android19And20AndroidsAppearNV.png
407 KB, 350x776
I like Android saga best
>>
>>139846779
Except the most important part, the fights
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (951).png (2 MB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (951).png
2 MB, 1024x1536
>>139846719
Namek is really vivid in the manga
>>
Because Vegeta got more character development than even a lot of MC received and it was fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJI9sA5RJWs
>>
Fusion Saga is best
>>
best arc aside from the 22nd world tournament
>>
>>139834314
Because dying was still important there.
>>
>>139835166
This pretty much.

You got Krillin and Gohan on team good guy surrounded by a bunch of insanely powerful people and Vegeta on his own side.

There was a lot of neat stuff. Vegeta actually played it smart during this arc because he knew he was no match for Frieza and the reluctant team up between Vegeta and Gohan and Krillin was, you know, reluctant. He didn't suddenly become a good guy. He just didn't want to die.

Plus, it had the Ginyu force.

Seriously, just about every character who took part in this arc got a chance to show off at some point.
>>
>>139847326
All the scenery in DB is pretty great. I loved the big, open landscapes in the first arcs, they made it feel so innocent and nostalgic for some reason.
>>
>>139834314
I think I hated it when I was a kid, but I really like it now.

It had actual stakes, a good villain, plenty of subvillains in Dodoria/Zarbon and the Ginyu Force, the extended cast was used fairly well, and Vegeta was great during it. Threatening but not necessarily completely evil, occasionally helpful but only because it's self-serving.

That, and he's at his most bloodthirsty. Watching him relish in finishing off Recoombe and Burter said a lot about him, and there were a few good finishers (like Zarbon).

I don't know. He's just really entertaining during it
>>
File: Super Saiyan Blue Vegitto.jpg (134 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
Super Saiyan Blue Vegitto.jpg
134 KB, 500x499
>>139834688
More like everyone used powerlevels in the wrong way, including magazines and other media, it was supposed to mean that their strength couldn't be measured, but it made DBZ into a TCG where X beats Y because it has more power and not skill, even as of now people think it means something.
>>
>Saga
Fuck off you degenerate cancerous dub fan
>>
>>139855636
Fuck off. DBZ is the one series where it would make sense to prefer the dub.
>>
>>139855764
Not at all faggot
>>
>>139834314
'cause freeza is the best villain
>>
>>139834691
https://youtu.be/Eq3NxoD5kPs
your waifu is shit
>>
>>139846613
He kill fodders.
He let live people who might get stronger and fight him again.

He killed boo because he was did not win against him and was too weak too stop him.
Same with cell.
If he were stronger he would have let them live.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.