[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://strawpoll.me/7319815
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: h5WHLch[1].png (545 KB, 700x458) Image search: [Google]
h5WHLch[1].png
545 KB, 700x458
http://strawpoll.me/7319815
>>
Define watch.

The seasons always start strong, but I end up with 1 or 2 by episode 12/13.
>>
>>139832585
You must not like anime very much.
>>
>>139830860
Nowadays I usually drop most things and only complete 2-4 anime per season.
>>
Dunno how people say 4-10

rarely more than 2-3 good shows per season

Forcing yourself to watch trash since you have nothing to do isn't a good excuse
>>
Starts with 10 or more, but by mid season it goes down to 5 or less.
>>
>>139832974
Backlog stuff.
>>
>>139832974
>he doesn't want to become the Anime Master
>>
>>139832974
There's like 30 new shows per season, I would say at least half of it is worth watching.
>>
>>139830860
well.. I am currently watching 26 shows.. two are carry overs from last season(well.. this is for currently airing.. I have a dozen that aren't airing that I am working on)
>>139832974
yes its true.. theres 2-3 AMAZING show per season.. but theres alot of good stuff every season to thats worth watching
>>
>>139832585
This desu.

When the season starts i watch the first episodes of like 10 different shows that interest me. 90% of the time at least 6 of those are shit, so i drop them immediately, then the other 2 turn shit halfway through, because
>anime directors in charge of storyboard
and end up only finishing 1-2 each season.
Last season i didn't finish anything, except Koyomimonogatari, but that's an OVA so it doesn't count
>>
>>139833184
What
Your standards must be very, very low
>>
>>139833291
not him but.. maybe your standards are to high,or the genres you enjoy to narrow
>>
>>139833246
>didn't finish rakugo
>>
>>139833385
shit man I have finished like 18 shows last season and haven't finished rakugo.. its not that I don't enjoy it.. it just cant convince me to sit down and marathon it(so.. .. I am one of those)
>>
>>139833385
That show wasn't even on my radar to be honest simply because it looked like feudal japan stuff to me.

If it's actually good i might watch it. I also missed out on Ping Pong back when it aired.
>>
>>139833233
I think some people are afraid not being able to retain information about 20+ shows, but they underestimate their memory.

One thing I often do is rewatch the previous episode right before the new episode. So for example when episode 7 comes up, I will watch 6 and 7 back to back.

>>139833291
Maybe you just don't like anime very much in general? Or maybe you're just trying to be a hipster?
>>
>>139830860
4-10
A few ones worth watching but I also watch the harem shit of every season... if they aren't mecha, mecha is boring as fuck, except by Sidonia.
>>
>>139833527
>>139833565
You should finish it, no worries about quality either because the production was already done.
>>
Generally pick up as much as ten, but usually watch about 5-7 per season.
>>
>>139833366
No, i just don't enjoy trash.
Mahou Battle Harems are trash, plothole filled dramas where the where MC acquires a timetravel plot device (which can't really be called a plot device since it actually STARTS THE PLOT at which point the author should have realized that he was about to write garbage) are trash, MMO world shit is trash.
Oh yeah, i finished Grimgar but that got very weak towards the end as well.

I just looked at my MAL list and noticed that of the 193 shows i COMPLETED i gave 112 a rating of 6 or lower.
And it's not that i'm contrarian or anything. There are some anime that i truly adore, and even rewatch every now and then because of how much i enjoy them. So can't really say that "anime just isn't for me"
>>
>>139833638
You're dumb.
For example, there are movie critics, who love movies such as Roger Ebert. Yet at the end of the year there are maybe 4-7 movies they actually gave a really good rating, not because they hate movies, but they care about writing.

And with 90% of anime these past year being crappy LN adaptations, or the originals being written by someone who doesn't actually know what to do with the story so they just rush the storyboard, call it a day and everyone gets a garbage anime like Charlotte.

There's just not many good anime. It's simple as that. But when you do find good ones it's a joy to watch.
>>
>>139833756
as I said.. standards to high.. or genres you enjoy to narrow..

seems to be both
>>
>>139833891
Not everything can be a favorite, but that doesn't mean it's not worth watching. It's only like 90 minutes a day at most to watch 20+ shows a season. The real waste of time is 4chan and the anime communities etc. not the actual watching of anime itself.
>>
I start each season with around 15 shows. I usually end up dropping one or two.
>>
>>139834002
>Not everything can be a favorite, but that doesn't mean it's not worth watching.
No one said they weren't.
>>
>>139833891
This guy gets it. Always remember that "90% of everything is crap" can be applied to many media
>>
I might try 4-10 shows, but I usually only stick with 1-3 all the way until the end. So many shows I drop either half way through or with only 2 or 3 episodes left.
>>
The past couple seasons I haven't been watching a lot, and I've been dropping more stuff from my backlog than usual. Last season I only finished like 3 full length shows, and 2 shorts. This season seems a lot better though.

I picked up more manga though
>>
>>139833233
>>139833638
NEETs?

I watch like 5-8 per season and I feel like trash when I think about it.
>>
Totally based on the season.

But yeah, as other have said I drop the majority of shows I pick up.

I've become so jaded that I actually don't look forward to the start of the new season, because I know I'm going to have to sort through a bunch of shit before I find the few shows I like.

I will pick up a show if it has a bunch of shitposters though, usually a good sign that it's worth watching.
>>
>>139834342
nope, realize every 3 shows is just over 1hr per week. you can do the math.. now I don't have little brats, or a nagging person to drag me away every time I try to sit down

,, between gaming(.. at least 12hrs/week), 25+ animes, and 5+ english TV shows.... and a crap(ok.. decent) 40hr+/week job .. I still have time to go out and have fun
>>
>>139834342
You feel like trash for investing not even 4 hours a week in a hobby?
>>
>>139834342
You feel like trash wasting 20 minutes a day? And you post on 4chan?
>>
>>139833756
Anime isn't for you, cuck.
We see fags like you all the time, trust me. You're as cookie cutter as a lot of anime main characters.
>>
File: mpv20160111003629.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv20160111003629.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>139830860
I pick up around 15 at the start of the season, keep up with 10 after third episode.

Out of those, half were actually nice and worth watching.
>>
>>139830860
>people who watch more than 10
jesus
there isn't that many worth watching every season
>>
I want all the sub-10's to leave.
>>
>>139832974
Start with 4-10, then drop to 5 or less usually.
>>
To the people who watch only a couple shows a season, do you watch backlog stuff? Or do you literally just watch 1 episode of anime every 2-3 days.
>>
I watch the first episode of like 10-15, keep up to the third episode of like 5, and then end up begrudgingly finishing only 1 or 2.

Man, anime sucks.
>>
>>139838350
I tend to have one season a year where I watch 20+ things, and then every other season it's 3-5 and backlog. So, yes.

>Guess I'm watching backlog this season

These are real, non-sarcastic posts about the state of the season.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.