[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Romance Anime Shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 3621514_640px.jpg (81 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
3621514_640px.jpg
81 KB, 640x853
Post your favorite romance shows and why. Why do people think School Days was shit?
>>
>Thinly veiled rec thread
>>
Best romance was Homeo and Cooliet tbqh fampai.
>>
>>139806666
Kotonoha winning the makoto is the greatest high
>>
>>139807305
I mean, I did QUAD. So why does this show get so much flame? I thought it was troll but no where near as bad as some of these shows seen here.
>>
File: Makoto_Itou.png (89 KB, 341x488) Image search: [Google]
Makoto_Itou.png
89 KB, 341x488
>>139806666
It's because they're jealous of the based MC impregnating multiple girls & their mothers. He would have impregnated a guy too if he could.
>>
>>139806666
School Days is shit. Quads confirm.
>>
File: 7905.jpg (18 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
7905.jpg
18 KB, 250x300
>>139807305
She's breaking the limit
>>
>>139806666
Some people liked typical harem shows. School Days started as one and then fell into a deconstruction of the whole genre by carrying things to their logical conclusions. And they did it using the exact same characters we've seen in a hundred other shows.
>>
>>139806666

>Why do people think School Days was shit?

overly dramatic, unbelievable character interactions and pandering to some weird suffering fetish crowd

>>139811866
>School Days started as one and then fell into a deconstruction of the whole genre by carrying things to their logical conclusions.
>anything in School Days being logical

proof that /a/nons have zero actual social experience.
>>
>>139806666
Nice quads.

They think it's shit because that's what they are.

> beta ass MC becomes alpha asshole who bangs ask the sluts
> show deals with the darkness of highschool sexuality
> deals with issues like pregnancy, love triangle, betrayal and revenge

Great anime. But it's not a typical happy, haremshit moeblob circle jerk, so /a/ hates it
>>
>>139812149
You've clearly never juggled multiple girls in highschool and got found out after you knocked one up
>>
>>139807305
>>139811777
Jesus I forgot that Makoto was lucky enough to fuck those two in Shiny Days.
>>139811866
I'm not going to lie, it was very interesting to see the typical harem fall apart in this anime. But I think I'll stick to the visual novel.
>>
>>139807305
GOLDEN RATIO
O
L
D
E
N
_
R
A
T
I
O
>>
File: amnesia-2-11.png (222 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
amnesia-2-11.png
222 KB, 640x360
My waifu
>>
>>139812756

The circumstances in which Makoto manages to get so many girls are too hard to swallow in the first place. The show, not to mention the game, just exists to pander to those with a bullying and cuckolding fetish and throws logic completely out the window.

Plus, I've known many people in and out of high school who lied and cheated with their women and got women pregnant and it rarely ever ends in homicide. We're supposed to believe that these bitches want Makoto, who shows no special charisma or characteristics, so badly that they go insane and murderous over him, but the only reason they do is is because the plot tells them to because Makoto is the self-insert. I don't know how things go down in Japan exactly, but here in good ol' burgerland, when this kind of stuff happens most of the time, there's some crying and a lot shit flinging on facebook, but then the pregnant chick just files for child support once she has the kid and there's this awkward tension every time the dad goes to see his kid that keeps him away more often than he should be away.

This show is just a hentai turned into a poorly written Japanese soap opera and it shows through all its convoluted plot elements and dumb as fuck female characters whose possible existence doesn't go beyond the perverted minds of degenerate otaku scum who never leave the house
>>
>>139806666
Just because it was realistic doesn't make it good. I don't want to watch characters being assholes to each other, no matter how realistic it may be. Realism isn't what makes fiction good.

And somehow it managed to feel like it was both propaganda for an extremist feminist and a redpiller at the same time "all men rape - and you are wrong for not wanting to get raped". So triggering morals. This is what the want you to think.

Kare Kano - it has a great pacing, the episodes are perfect length and it's just fun, makes me smile, and the characters are nice, great humour and just a great overall feel to it. One of the greatest anime of all time.

Kimi ni Todoke - nice characers, really sweet, good comedy, amazing romance show.
>>
>>139806666
Because they didn't get to go on the nice boat.
>>
>>139806666
Ending was good.

The rest of it was agonizingly bad. Never have I seen so much strident, forced melodrama.

Also anyone who claims School Days is a deconstruction probably thinks Evangelion is a deconstruction as well.
>>
>>139813714
>And somehow it managed to feel like it was both propaganda for an extremist feminist and a redpiller at the same time "all men rape - and you are wrong for not wanting to get raped". So triggering morals. This is what the want you to think.

Yeah, this too. Makoto is like some serial rapist, but all his victims actually want it and then turn around and start controlling him through his instincts to rape.
>>
>>139813972
The ending to School Days is way too satisfying. However for the rest, I agree with you on that. I'll just stick to the game.
>>
>>139808411
He's a faggot that won't take responsibility for impregnating a girl.
>>
>>139809495
You can't argue with quads.
>>
File: School Days OTP.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
School Days OTP.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>139815178
>implying he doesn't marry them after preggers
>>
Nana is my favourite. I think it does everything right. I guess my preference in romance is just warped. I can't even enjoy shows that have couples in the end being the same as the ones in the beginning. I don't think love at first sight / pure love / love trumps all, will ever work for me.
>>
>>139808411
>He would have impregnated a guy too if he could
Cross Days animu when?
>>
>>139806666
Satan please.
>>
>>139808411
I got some interesting news for you, anon...
>>
>>139806666
Boku no pico
Evangelion
Future Diary
in that order, super satan
>>
File: 12294912770641.jpg (21 KB, 493x468) Image search: [Google]
12294912770641.jpg
21 KB, 493x468
>>139806666
>school days
>>
File: yh.jpg (96 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
yh.jpg
96 KB, 1191x670
>>139806666
>>
>>139806666
Golden Time
>University setting
>enjoyable
>great emotional ending
>TADA BANRI
>>
>>139812756
here's your reply
>>
>>139818430
Really now.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.