[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does she dress like this? No one else in the setting does.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Why does she dress like this? No one else in the setting does.
Don't tell me it's body image issues because that doesn't mean she couldn't follow social norms.

It would make sense if lots of other full cyborgs fashioned themselves like sex gods and ran around as naked as they please but Motoko is the only one.
>>
>>139753799
Because she's a massive slut, anon.
>>
>she
>>
Her design sucks so much in SAC, but I like SAC more than '95.
>>
Is she not allowed to wear what she wants?
Misogyny is alive and well it seems.
>>
Its a robot with no concept of social norms
>>
>>139753972
Fuck off, that was literally the author covering his ass because >lesbians
>>
>>139753799
>telling a super robot how to dress

There's more logic in her wardrobe choice than you've had in your whole life
>>
Wasn't the story that she dressed like a prostitute bot to hide the fact that her body was top of the line military grade.

As in if people paid her much attention they'd want to kidnap her to steal the high tech cyborg body but by dressing like that people ignored her.

Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's what I remember.
>>
Because anime you dumbass
>>
>>139753799
#1. Why do you care?

#2. how does this affect you beyond the screen? in any way?

#3. She is dressed the way she's dressed because it's a call-back to Shirou's original manga where a lot of women are dressed like that.

It also ties with one of the main themes of GitS, which is that she doesn't care about her skin showing cause it's not her real body, it's a cybernetic replacement. Simply put, to the major, her body is just a vessel, a thing, to be repaired or replaced. which is something you would have noticed if you payed attention to what the story is about instead of acting like a Tumblr landwhale because she is showing some skin.
>>
>>139754967
>#1. Why do you care?
>#2. how does this affect you beyond the screen? in any way?

Immersion?
>>
>>139755043
>Muh s-self-insert!

Fuck off, at least that faggot has a point. And if anything, her outfit should help with immersion. Or what? do you think women in futuristic scantly-clad clothing isn't a standard trope of the cyberpunk genre?
>>
>>139755237

What part of

>No one else in the setting does.

do you not get?
>>
>>139753799
thats a huge bulge
>>
>>139755237
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>139755251
Allow me to point out the part you didn't read from this >>139754967 faggot's post:

>it's a call-back to Shirou's original manga where a lot of women are dressed like that.

Reading comprehension is nice to have, sucks that people can't be bothered to do so nowadays.
>>
File: 1459802805413.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1459802805413.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>139755350

So why didn't they make it so that a lot of women are dressed like that if it's meant to be a callback to when a lot of women dressed like that instead of just the one?
>>
Fanservice.
>>
File: 432.jpg (87 KB, 1280x704) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
87 KB, 1280x704
>>139755406
But they did have other women dressed like sluts.
>>
>>139755493

Only literal whores.
>>
File: 1402822182958.gif (67 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1402822182958.gif
67 KB, 480x270
>>139754967
>>139755237
>being this assblasted about a plothole caused by simple fanservice
>>
File: 1459283041920.jpg (2 MB, 1446x2046) Image search: [Google]
1459283041920.jpg
2 MB, 1446x2046
>>139753799

At first I thought it was just mindless fan service, but giving it some more thought I came to another conclusion.

Imagine if you were a girl. From my experience of my girlfriend, panties, bra, clothes, etc. were a huge issue. For a girl finding the right bra is difficult because each women has uniquely shaped breasts and body. What fits for one women doesn't for another, and sometimes the bra just makes the breasts look droopy or squishes them too much. Same with panties, riding up the crotch, not fitting right, getting ruined by periods, all sorts of bad girl shit guys never learn about because it's gross and we don't really want to know. Clothes is another issue, doesn't fit the shape, too long, too short, too constricting. Stuff guys don't think about because we are primarily concerned with utility - not whether these slacks make our butt look big.

Now, if I was a girl with a male mentality of utility I would just wear a one piece swimsuit. You don't need a dozen bras and panties, you don't need to colour code, you don't need individual fits, no cutting wires, keeps your breasts firmly in place and even lifts them a little. The crotch is supported by the one piece and it is difficult for them to ride up in the wrong places. Best of all, it's swimwear material so a period accident just comes out in the wash. Swimwear one piece is the ultimate undergarment for a women. It is even form fitting and helps shape the figure.

Now you have a cyborg body and you don't really give a shit about what other people think and you need something that won't get in the way or tear or get caught on things. You aren't going to get cold either so why not just wear a faux swimsuit design?

If I was a girl I would seriously wear a one piece swimsuit. I'd probably throw in some cargo pants or short shorts and a loose fitting top to finish off the style. And a short little leather jacket a la Major style. Add combat boots and you got a fashionable look with utility.
>>
>>139755406
There's this thing called "a budget" that a lot of studios tend to have which limits the amount of work they can do. using that idea it's a simple mater of the studio director/producer/Massamune Shirou himself/etc. Wants to have that in, but they can't afford to do a bunch of them, so they'll do it on just the major.

There, explanation that makes sense pulled out of my ass within 5 seconds.
>>
>>139755526
Motoko is a cyborg though.
>>
>>139755508
Canonically the Captain is a massive slut though. It makes sense.
>>
>>139755618
That makes no sense and SAC had the biggest budget of any TV anime ever.
>>
>>139755618
>the animators didn't have enough money to buy fancy clothes for their characters
>>
Out-of-universe, fanservice. GitS was practically an ecchi manga, it's not Shirow's fault later adaptations tried to make it into 2deep4u shit that fanservice would seem out of place in. In-universe, wearing scanty clothing distracts people. That extra couple seconds people spend staring at your body is an extra couple seconds to shoot them. I wouldn't be surprised if, say, female bounty hunters in real life did the same; every additional way you can distract or psych out a potential opponent is an advantage.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.