[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to get into the Gundam series, but I have no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 33455676.jpg (800 KB, 3039x2145) Image search: [Google]
33455676.jpg
800 KB, 3039x2145
I am trying to get into the Gundam series, but I have no idea where to start. Which serie is the best one to watch first? The original, seed or a different one?
>>
Watch the original unless you have shit taste.
>>
8th MS team
>>
>seed
Pls no

Watch UC in production order, then watch whatever u feel like leading up to turn a
>>
>>139749667
Universal Century (UC) shows: 0079 (the original), 0080 (War in the Pocket), 0083 (Stardust Memory), Zeta, Double Zeta (ZZ), Char's Counterattack, Unicorn

I think that's all of them. These fit into a single LONG timeline. If you're looking for one overarching theme/narrative, watching the above shows in that order should do it for you. Also, UC has a bunch of manga/novels and such that go into side stories and background. The lore is DEEP with UC.

Alternate Universe shows: G Gundam, Wing, After War Gundam X, Victory Gundam, Turn-A, Gundam F-91 (movie), Seed, Gundam 00, Reconguista in G (G-Reco), Iron-Blooded Orphans (IBO)

These shows are not connected with each other or the UC universe, though Sunrise has said the UC and AU timelines do merge at some point. For separate stories that are smaller in timescale than UC, but are big enough to warrant their own series, the AU shows fit the bill.

Sorry for the text wall.
>>
File: gundam guide.jpg (2 MB, 2800x3402) Image search: [Google]
gundam guide.jpg
2 MB, 2800x3402
>>139749667
Whatever you want.
Production order for UC.
Original is a must.
>>
The original show is the only one I consider must-watch.
>>
>>139749667
SEED
Destiny
Try
>>
Watch the three movies for the first one, them go for production order.

Don't even dream of watching the original Seed, go for the Remaster.
>>
>>139749667
Whenever you are getting into series, it's common sense to start with the latest (and therefore the best) entry. In this case, Iron-blooded Orphans.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.