[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chihiro end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
Just finished reading.I ain't even mad. Just confused. Why her?
>>
File: best girl won.png (809 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
best girl won.png
809 KB, 1366x768
>>139686573
Because she is best girl with best arc.
>>
>>139686573
Because he loved her. And the reason was stated even in the chapter, speed reader.
>>
Author had shit taste. Saged.
>>
>>139687622
>Author had shit taste
He doesn't. Bumped.
>>
>mangareader
Probably to piss off the most people.
>>
>>139686573

Because Asumi Kana.
>>
>>139686573
B E S T G I R L
E S T G I R L B
S T G I R L B E
T G I R L B E S
G I R L B E S T
I R L B E S T G
R L B E S T G I
L B E S T G I R
>>
File: o96m.jpg (4 MB, 3848x3984) Image search: [Google]
o96m.jpg
4 MB, 3848x3984
>>
WHY TENRI WHY
>>
Years gone and people still don't understand.

Keima likes her because she always do something out of his expectation. To him, Chihiro does not fit into any of his heroine stereotypes.
So he unevitably see her as a real girl, not just target of capture.

Lots of people said that you will most probably hate someone similar to yourself but like someone who is the opposite of yourself.
Keima and Chihiro kinda falls into this category.

Though I can't deny that the final arc was very rushed.
>>
I thought a Chihiro end was obvious but the girls didn't deserve to be discarded so hard.

Then again it is so like Keima to destroy the harem as soon as possible.
>>
>>139688767
This. She's the only one who doesnt fall into a galge heroine stereorype.
>>
>>139686573
>Not seeing it coming from pretty much the very beginning

How can you get confused about this?
Or mad about it?
>>
Keima wanted that butt throughout the ending of the Goddess Arc. He said any advances were for the sake of the conquest, but they really weren't.
>>
If you like the other girls more that's understandable. But if you really didn't see this coming you weren't paying attention. The only other likely ending is no winner, because Japan.
>>
File: 1454437652422.jpg (54 KB, 389x366) Image search: [Google]
1454437652422.jpg
54 KB, 389x366
>mfw the ending
This shit is Chokotto Sister all over again
>>
Also, did anyone read his latest series, Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto?
The story is a bit slow but I like it quite much.

Though it seems nobody is scanlating it atm.
>>
>>139689619
>read his latest series

Not yet. I'll give it a shot though.
>>
File: chihiro wins.jpg (3 MB, 3848x3984) Image search: [Google]
chihiro wins.jpg
3 MB, 3848x3984
>>139687317

This, she deserved the win. Added benefit of her winning was reading all the other shippers get BTFO.
>>
>>139686573
Wasn't she the only one who actually loved him for him? And not some retaining feelings from being conquered shit? Seemed kinda obvious it was gonna be her.
>>
>>139689117
What kind of galge game have you been playing? Today's galge game have things like this and is even more meta. Fuck this.
>>
Haqua a best girl.
>>
How many more season will be needed to animate the whole thing?
>>
File: mybestgirl.jpg (105 KB, 874x478) Image search: [Google]
mybestgirl.jpg
105 KB, 874x478
Not even mad chihiro won. But elsie deserves better
>>
>>139692071
What, she deserves better than her heart's desire?
>>
>>139686573
>Why her?
Who else? She was the first person to not fit into the standard conquering formula and was then foreshadowed to be the girl Keima genuinely liked since the fucking festival arc.
>>
She loved him even before he put on his
game mask. She was not best girl for sure (it was the track runner) but she was the best girl for him.
>>
>>139686573
She already love him before the whole spirit thing started
>>
>>139686573
Read it again. It seriously makes perfect sense.

That said the ending was still rushed.
>>
>>139688767
Another thing people seem to not notice a lot is that Chihiro and Keima have great chemistry together. There are even lots of examples from the manga.
>>
>>139693125
>There are lots of examples
>Not posting even one

Step up your game senpai.
>>
>>139693256
Fuck off, I really don't have to.

I'm a Chihirofag, one of the originals, and I posted those examples over and over during the series' run.

Guitar strings, general chatting, when they met and she asked him out around the festival, sports festival, her arc, and so on. I won't bother posting the pages again. Again. Again. and so on
>>
It was clear that Chihiro was a main contender but Tenri and Ayumifags were in denial. >>139691602 proves this.
>>
>>139688767

>Lots of people said that you will most probably hate someone similar to yourself but like someone who is the opposite of yourself.

This is a pile of fucking bullshit.
>>
>>139693632
Actually, it's not. I have experienced it IRL, not necessarily the total opposite but it's true. Depends on your personality though.
>>
>>139693735

Not sharing interests and idea is the perfect recipe for having a fake relationship. You can actually take it forward if you want for the sex and other benefits, but you'll be dead inside.
>>
Chihiro fags will say otherwise, but this came out of nowhere, pretty much any of the other girls were a better match and also had pretty good reasons, especially the ones with the goddesses.
>>
>>139694595

>Chihiro fags will say otherwise, but this came out of nowhere

It has been two years now man, stop being in denial.
>>
>>139694199
You can share interests and have contrasting personalities.
>>
>>139693632
opposites attract

It usually just means in terms of personality, though. Mostly people share mutual interests but the two of them aren't the same sorts.

It's a common enough saying that it must be true
>>
>>139694595
>pretty much any of the other girls were a better match
lol
>especially the ones with the goddesses
wwwwwwwww

I find it funny, because among the entire cast the three I thought would make a good match didn't have goddesses: Chihiro, Haqua, and Nanaka. All three of these girl weren't actually "captured" with any lines, also, Keima just attracted them as himself.
>>
Post your face when they'll date, realize they have nothing in common and inevitably break up.

Also, not a shipper, I was hoping for loner end.
>>
>>139686573
she like him even before the soul hunting, so even her soul removed in the hunting arc she still love him without goddess power

still the ending a bit rushed
>>
>>139686573
Because she was the author's favorite character. 6 different characters had more foreshadowing to be the end girl than Chihiro but the author liked her the most so she won.

There's a reason the series retroactively died and everyone hates it now and the reason is that ending.
>>
>>139695644
>There's a reason the series retroactively died and everyone hates it now and the reason is that ending.
No, anon, that is not even remotely true. The ending is generally disliked, sure, but that's because it was rushed as fuck, which combined with the time travel arc dragging on and on made the latter parts of the manga a huge disappointment. Chihiro winning is not part of the problem, though. There are plenty of people who liked that even if they disliked the ending as a whole. There are also plenty of people who predicted it, because, you know, it actually was foreshadowed.
>>
>>139695644
Yeah, right.
>>
>>139694199

>this is what a faggot with an infinitely tipped fedora actually believes
>>
File: TWGOK28_08_RH4d624aea70a73.png (223 KB, 825x1200) Image search: [Google]
TWGOK28_08_RH4d624aea70a73.png
223 KB, 825x1200
Huh. Oh. OH. So he's the one who opened the hole in her heart by saying that when she already liked him. I feel dumb now.
>>
>>139696668
entire arc is a good thing to reread with future knowledge
>>
>>139695644
Even after two years the salt is delicious.
>>
>>139696733
this
>>
I wanted Keima to stay true to himself and choose games, desu.
>>
Last 100 chapters are pretty much terrible pacing wise.
>>
>>139694199
It's about personality, not interests. People tend to really fucking hate people who are the same as them because it's like staring in the mirror and seeing all of your own flaws magnified.
>>
>>139687583
Oh, please show me said exact reason that was stated, you super slow, patrician fucking reader.
>>
>>139700280
Actually he says that he confessed to her to get rid of the rest of the girls in one swift move.
>>
>>139693735
>>139694199
It actually isnt, opposites attract has never been true and the best marriages for that matter where for those whi where most similar

Sorry but thats the way it works in the real world
>>
>>139700804
Nice bullshit.

My mother and father are very similar personality-wise and divorced when I was 11.

My sister's best friend's parents are very different (soft spoken, calm father; explosive and cheerful mother) and they're probably the most loving couple I've ever seen.

Anecdotes, but coupled with the fact that this is so common a phrase I'm inclined to believe your chances are better with someone who's not like you.
>>
>>139692564
she was a cunt through and through
>>
He treated all the other girls like a game. She was the only real person.
>>
>>139700949
You might be right regarding personality, but I found that people who are ''similar'' by sharing common interests tend to do more well. Distance and alienation is created when they just don't care anymore and want something else.

>fact that this is so common a phrase
Please don't use this as an argument. Plenty of common phrases and knowledge are outright wrong.
>>
>>139686573
Manga got cancelled, so Wakaki had to force some shitty writing, and a shitty couple.
No one should have won the Keima bowl.
>>
>>139687838
It's funny how most of those images are from the archive, considering there really wasn't that big of an upset on this board compared to something like True Tears.
Everyone essentially dropped the manga during that garbage time travel arc.
Most of us were happy it was just finally over.
>>
>>139686573
Every other girl Keima conquered he did it from the point of view of a Galge gamer, fitting them into some archetype. He cared about them as people but he still treated them as "heroines".

Chihiro, the "background character", broke any mold he tried to use on her. She was a real person who he felt he had a few things in common with. Her approach to love was as idealistic as Keima's, just through a different medium.

From her side, she liked him from the get go. She was being closer to a highschool "tsundere" type. She was just too embarrassed to openly show her feelings, so the only way she could try to approach him was through teasing. Specially since he wouldn't stop staring at his games instead of the outside world.

Then there's the whole thing about her forgetting the entire conquest... and STILL falling in love with him regardless.

He made many girls jealous and likely broke their hearts. But he only REALLY cared about Chihiro's heart getting broken, because he cared about her on a more personal level. What he did to her tormented him for the rest of the series.

Chihiro end was the obvious and logical end. She might not be the readers' favorite girl, but she was the girl that Keima needed.
>>
>>139694199
To seek someone only on the grounds of shared interests and ideas is the grounds for a stale relationship, though.
>>
>>139696668
Shit, I never noticed that.
>>
>>139703879
>Please don't use this as an argument. Plenty of common phrases and knowledge are outright wrong.
Plenty aren't, who cares?
>>
>>139705692
Like it was said, a re-read from the ending's perspective is pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>139704626
Keima never actually captured her.

Her arc was about him deliberately avoiding capturing her. He also didn't use any lines.
>>
Way back before the goddess hunt shifted into full gear and we were still in monster of the week conquest mode the chihiro arc was one that was highly liked for having broke the formula a bit. This was at a point where having a favorite girl didn't mean much because everyone had their memories erased at the end and it has no reflection on future conquests. Things got hype when we saw they had remnants of feelings for him, because you could see your favorite girl get a round two. But this started shitposting between fans of who should be getting the future time in the spotlight instead of the previous trend of getting kissed then being missed by the fandom.
I'm one of the people who loved Chihiro but these threads starting tearing each other apart over who deserved to be a goddess.

It turns out that those arguments were a waste as the ending revolved around the one that wasn't a goddess, but it didn't matter. The keimabowl had for a long time been assumed to be down to those 6, with a long period of pitting the last two candidates against one another. The concert chihiro gave was beautiful and perfect and many of us accepted that as her ending.

I dunno how many new fans got pulled in by the goddess wars but a large portion of the fan base liked most girls, including chihiro, before the series became a gladiator match between them. There goddesses tore us apart. Arguing over whether he would go for his first conquest or the girl he didn't actually conquer was fun but should have been the ending, instead of the whimpering death we received.
>>
I'll always wonder if it was Wakaki's or the editors fault that TWGOK went to complete shit after the anime came out.
>>
>>139700407
>what is being tsun
>>
>>139686573
I'm just happy that Haqua didn't win

Slut.
>>
TWGOK is a series built on irony and contradiction. An obvious example is how Keima gripes about '3d' girls, yet can only be so successful with them by their using his knowledge and skills at conquering 2d girls and the fact those '3d' girls are similar to those he would find in his games. Keima's prejudice against '3d' prevented him from seeing them as heroines in a similar light to his 2d girls. Chihiro goes further in being a girl he could never see being a heroine.

But that changes. His prejudice diminished through engaging with 'real' girls. He does begin to see those '3d' girls as heroines in their own right. All are good choices but Chihiro ending most effectively ties the knot to his progression as an individual by falling for the girl bringing him the furthest out of his comfort zone, the one he had discounted and who had grown into someone worth loving. Keima became the one conquered, in contrast to his usual role as a conqueror.

I typed this before but that's what I got out of it. Of course this means Keima has been won over by "reality" and that understandably upsets some fans because it's a dramatic paradigm shift.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.