[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is their so much hate by digimon fans for Frontier? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Why is their so much hate by digimon fans for Frontier? It's one of my favorite seasons.
>>
>>139625731
The season was ok.
>>
>>139625731
I dint rewatch the series. but from what I hear, they hate it because it was wasted potential like

>a whole digital world not properly being explored
>transformation sequence towards the end of the series
but that's only two out of the many, but you should rewatch the series without nostalgia goggles
>>
>>139625731
This right here? This is when I gave up. When they chose again and again the most infuriatingly pointless decisions to wrap up stuff.

Yeah, let's turn 2/3rds of the team into a glorified cheerleader section for the whole third act of the show, let's make all the motivations of the first two acts seem mostly pointless. Let's even hint that the other armors were going to get purified forms and then just shove the kids back off home because fuck you you want fun? YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE FUN THIS IS DIGIMON FRONTIER.
>>
>>139625731
Nah, It was good but the thing is, Tamers came before it.

Basically like Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

Stuff that can't surpass it's predecessor usually gets a lot of hate, even if it's "ok" or "good" as a standalone, without any expectations
>>
I hated that arc towards the end where they arrived to a town, befriended the digimon living there, the rose guys arrived, wiped the floor with them, and everyone left on a train watching the town get destroyed. Rinse and repeat around 10 to 15 times.
>>
>>139626517
Forgot the Goddamn picture it pissed me off so hard.

We have people being Digimon, the concept changed from a Monster Rancher thing to straight up Guvyer/Kamen Rider stuff. And all that code they gathered, that alloted to nothing because fuck channeling all that scanned energy, let's just strip the whole team of all but two players.

Goddamn Frontier, I was there for you. I supported the concept. Tamerless Destined kids, it was radical. And you dropped the goddamn ball.
>>
>>139626630
>Tamerless Destined kids
I had been waiting for this shit to happen for years, it was too disappointing for my high schooler heart.
>>
LOOK TO THE PAST
>>
AS WE HEAD FOR THE FUTURE
>>
Is this the english dub OP or something? I'm glad I didn't have to watch that trash.
>>
>>139626757
>>139626826
TO RECLAIM THE DIGITAL WORLD
>>
>>139626757
>>139626826
>>139627218
WITH FAITH IN OURSELVES AND TRUST IN EACH OTHER
>>
>>139627310
WE LIVE BY THE LESSONS WE'VE LEARNED
>>
>>139627359
AS WE WORK TOWARDS ONE SOLUTION
>>
>>139627416
THROUGH A SPIRIT EVOLUTION
>>
>>139627470
I am the one, hu, I am the one DIGIMON
>>
EN TUS OJOS HAY, ESE GRAN PODER
>>
>>139627598
RESPLANDECE CON SU GRAN LUZ
>>
>>139625731
Truly an avant garde anime that came out before SAO, Overlord, grimrar. Niggas ate cabbage that tasted like steak and shit
>>
>>139627823
>cabbage that taste like steak
my diet would be so easy.
>>
>>139627823
Hey! Frontier is the exact opposite of SAO and Overlord. The protagonists in Frontier lose for like 10 episodes straight in the final arc!
>>
ts3.casualhoodlums.com
>>
It was bleh

Every kid moved on from Digimon at that point.
>>
It became an even bigger "Just end it!" than Tamers did. And Tamers had one of the most arduous last arcs since freiza
>>
>>139627564
FOREVER UNITED AS ONE
>>
File: Digimon_Tamers.jpg (63 KB, 355x560) Image search: [Google]
Digimon_Tamers.jpg
63 KB, 355x560
>>139625731
Get real OP. Season 3 was everything we ever needed.
>>
>>139626757
>>139626826
>>139627218
>>139627310
>>139627359
>>139627416
>>139627470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPwarOp-KI

great op
>>
>>139628079
I' m just not a fan of that instrument solo in the middle, like I get it , but I still.
>>
Digimon peaked with Tamers
>>
>>139628038
DI GI MON
TOGETHER ALL BATTLES ARE WON
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.