[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FMA>Manga >FMAB Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 123.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
FMA>Manga >FMAB

Prove me wrong
>>
>>139607346
I started watching Brotherhood because I didn't see the original FMA on Netflix. Now I know the original is on netflix.

What exactly is the difference between FMA and FMAB? The first episode of Brotherhood seemed exactly like FMA.
>>
>>139609722
>What exactly is the difference between FMA and FMAB? The first episode of Brotherhood seemed exactly like FMA.

FMA takes more time to get through earlier sections of the manga it actually covers. That's literally it. And nostalgia for lots of people. FMAB is much better overall.
>>
File: Catherine.jpg (101 KB, 712x720) Image search: [Google]
Catherine.jpg
101 KB, 712x720
>>139609796
>FMAB is much better overall.
you trippin, boy
>>
>>139609796
So is FMA and FMAB essentially the same story, just told differently?
>>
>>139610557
No, the last 3/4 is completely different
>>
>>139610557
No, fmab follows the manganese much more closely whereas fma03 overtook the manga a little ways in and so does its own story from there, and goes a completely different route
>>
>>139607346
I can't
You're completly correct
>>
>>139610557
FMA was made when manga was still ongoing and it went "anime original" at some point during its run. FMAB is basically an OVA series as far as faithfulness to source material goes.
>>
>>139610557
No the first anime is mostly what happens in the manga up until the Greed Arc where it goes anime original and turns to complete shit. Brotherhood picks up a bit before the Greed arc and the finishes the story of the manga.
>>
File: ed.jpg (132 KB, 1272x720) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
132 KB, 1272x720
>>139609722
Don't listen to nostalgia faggotry, watch Brotherhood. You could read the manga, but I think great soundtrack really helps Brotherhood in the end along with animation for fight scenes.
>>
File: you are not prepared.jpg (131 KB, 860x717) Image search: [Google]
you are not prepared.jpg
131 KB, 860x717
>>139611079
I remember last opening and ending really hit me hard combined with the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1s1VQKSzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWkpFhi3Tko
>>
>>139607346
>Prove me wrong
For that, I would need to make you watch both anime and read the manga.
>>
>>139607346
Guaranteed replies the thread. When are you kiddies going to move over to more patrician anime?

1. Ashita no Joe
2. Gankutsuou
3. LOGH
4. Tatami Galaxy
5. Hyouge Mono
6. GTO
7. Mushishi
8. Ping Pong
9. Mononoke
10.Kino's Journey
11. GitS:SAC
12. Galaxy Express 999
13. Kaiba
14. Space Battleship Yamato
15. Serial Experiments Lain
16. Planetes
17. Rose of Versailles
18. Revolutionary Girl Utena
19. Aria the Origination
20. Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>139607346
I can't, because you're right.
>>
>>139607346
I have the same problem with FMA as I do with HxH 99. Even if the direction is more inspired and the original content interesting, they still largely cover the less interesting parts of the manga they adapt. 99 took like what, 50 episodes to reach Yorknew? Unacceptable.
>>
>>139607346
Manga is best, but only because it has no loose ends and stuff is foreshadowed nicely. FMA went in its own way and it was interesting, but it's gloomier and I admit it's nostalgic to me. Might not be everyone's thing.

Brotherhood skips way too much, never go Brotherhood first. Also FMA had the best soundtrack, Brotherhood doesn't compare.

But I have to go manga because best homunculus gets more page-time. You know who he is.
>>
>>139607346
The manga is the superior version. Get your rose-tinted glass off dipshit.
>>
>>139611079
>but I think great soundtrack really helps Brotherhood
I thought the soundtrack was kinda shit because they kept reusing the same 4-5 songs over and over.
>>
>>139614851
This. And the instrumental tune that's considered the theme of the show, "Fullmetal Alchemist," is really long, repetitive, and depressing sounding.

Say what you will about the first anime but the music was perfect.
>>
File: AUTOMAILCYBORG.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AUTOMAILCYBORG.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>139607346
Ok.

Seriously what the fuck was this shit.
>>
>>139612602
No reply yet kiddies? How many on this list have you seen? And the best part, my tastes aren't even that niche compared to others on /a/.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.